Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 09:18   #61
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIN2010 View Post
Wow! You can pick the police right out of this thread.

Alienation of the police from the citizens they are sworn to ... (Well, I am not sure anymore) continues to pick up speed.

The kenyan's plan is working like a charm, police are more militant and more hostile to the public everyday. Q.E.D.

I wonder now how many "public servants" here on GT will fire on Americans when they pass the disarmament/gun control laws and people resist?

Oh! And flame on!
You need to go back a little farther, back to the start of the war on drugs.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:37   #62
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Is there just the slightest, slightest, chance here, that these people got stopped for something else, were asked about the sticker in conversation, and then immediately decided that the only reason they got pulled over was for the sticker?

Is there the slightest chance that they didn't get pulled over at all and made the story up?

You know if you take every person in prisons word for whether they were guilty of something or not, we would have anybody in them.

People are sure quick to take everything they hear on the internet or read in the media at face value. No wonder con-men continue to make a good living with scams you can't believe people actually fall for.

I love reading about arrests and operations I have been involved in the paper. They ususaly have about ten per cent of the facts correct. So when I read other newspaper articles, I apply that formula when deciding how upset I should be at what I am reading.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:53   #63
amd65

Send a message via Yahoo to amd65
As a resident of "northern Ohio", I see Obama stickers on cars all the time. Most are on upper end imports, soccer mom vans, and SUV's.
I guess all a pot smuggler here has to do is slap a Romney sticker on his car, and dispatch a few cars with Obama stickers ahead of him...smooth sailing.

Last edited by amd65; 02-17-2013 at 10:53..
Old 02-17-2013, 11:01   #64
TK-421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
What you posted still doesn't indicate the legal basis for the stop.

Yes, a pot leaf, an Obama sticker, or anything else may make the police look closer at your car - they still have to wait for a legal basis to stop you. That isn't mentioned in the story and may not have been mentioned to the driver, but most people drive so poorly they are constantly providing reasons for a legal stop.
I bet the cop wouldn't have pulled them over at all if it hadn't been for the sticker. No sticker, no asinine reason to think they're carrying pot, no reason to pull them over.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:32   #65
sheriff733
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
Is there just the slightest, slightest, chance here, that these people got stopped for something else, were asked about the sticker in conversation, and then immediately decided that the only reason they got pulled over was for the sticker?

Is there the slightest chance that they didn't get pulled over at all and made the story up?

You know if you take every person in prisons word for whether they were guilty of something or not, we would have anybody in them.

People are sure quick to take everything they hear on the internet or read in the media at face value. No wonder con-men continue to make a good living with scams you can't believe people actually fall for.

I love reading about arrests and operations I have been involved in the paper. They ususaly have about ten per cent of the facts correct. So when I read other newspaper articles, I apply that formula when deciding how upset I should be at what I am reading.
Hey! You shut your trap with that logic and reasonable thinking. There is no room for that in a good cop bashing thread by some of these experts on police procedure.

"This isn't domestic abuse. This is hilarious!" -Peter Griffin
Old 02-17-2013, 11:38   #66
sheriff733
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by amd65 View Post
As a resident of "northern Ohio", I see Obama stickers on cars all the time. Most are on upper end imports, soccer mom vans, and SUV's.
I guess all a pot smuggler here has to do is slap a Romney sticker on his car, and dispatch a few cars with Obama stickers ahead of him...smooth sailing.
Funny you should say that...

I'm yet to be verbally accosted before I have even reached the vehicle by any one with a Romney sticker on their car. Only the occupants of vehicles with Obama stickers plastered all over the back do you receive that kind of treatment before you even get out of the car. It's just downhill from there.

It's not the sticker. It's the attitude that goes along with the sticker that is the dead give away of who you're actually dealing with. They don't have the self control, decency, or intellect to be able to fake their way through that.

Last edited by sheriff733; 02-17-2013 at 11:42..
Old 02-17-2013, 11:39   #67
Bruce H

Asset forfiture and all the goodies that go with it.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:48   #68
wprebeck
Got quacks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff733 View Post
Sorry about that. I'm just here to gather information on how I am currently doing my job wrong, and how to correct it. That's all.

I know what you mean. I thought that after 13 years of doing this, I had a pretty good grasp on how to do my job. And all this time, all I had to do was read Glocktalk.

Here, people with absolutely no experience in my field can tell me exactly how I should be doing it. It's awesome, isn't it? I mean, all I have to do is take their word at what the law means and how it's applicable to any given situation. Case law and established precedent be damned! These guys know it ALL, baby!

And don't forget - the media lies about ALL things gun related...but tells the 100% unvarnished truth about anything that makes LE look bad. Rock on, man!!
Old 02-17-2013, 11:55   #69
somebodybuymeaglock

Anytime there is a holiday police go nuts. Suspected drug dealers, possessors, hookaz, etc will be targeted because they have CASH. After all, they can take their property under color of law. Cop thinks he smells mj in your car, and its time to take your stuff. Even if they are found innocent in court good luck getting it back. It was already disappeared...T the mall or maybe a nice restaurant.

Starting in november it gets very hot. Why? Lets have a look...

Thanksgiving
Christmas
New years
Valentines day

This gets very expensive for everyone including police.
In the real world this is theft. When cops do it it is the law. You only have to be suspected of a crime for them to take your s***.

-Mark Twain

Last edited by somebodybuymeaglock; 02-17-2013 at 11:59..
Old 02-17-2013, 11:58   #70
Syclone538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce H View Post
Asset forfiture and all the goodies that go with it.
Only after conviction, right?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
The constitution is not, nor was it meant to be absolutely literal.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:08   #71
sheriff733
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by wprebeck View Post
I know what you mean. I thought that after 13 years of doing this, I had a pretty good grasp on how to do my job. And all this time, all I had to do was read Glocktalk.

Here, people with absolutely no experience in my field can tell me exactly how I should be doing it. It's awesome, isn't it? I mean, all I have to do is take their word at what the law means and how it's applicable to any given situation. Case law and established precedent be damned! These guys know it ALL, baby!

And don't forget - the media lies about ALL things gun related...but tells the 100% unvarnished truth about anything that makes LE look bad. Rock on, man!!

Old 02-17-2013, 13:47   #72
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodybuymeaglock View Post
Anytime there is a holiday police go nuts. Suspected drug dealers, possessors, hookaz, etc will be targeted because they have CASH. After all, they can take their property under color of law. Cop thinks he smells mj in your car, and its time to take your stuff. Even if they are found innocent in court good luck getting it back. It was already disappeared...T the mall or maybe a nice restaurant.

Thanksgiving
Christmas
New years
Valentines day

In the real world this is theft. When cops do it it is the law. You only have to be suspected of a crime for them to take your s***.
Is that you Alex Jones?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 2

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
Old 02-17-2013, 14:00   #73
DOC44

Quote:
Originally Posted by czsmithGT View Post
The buckeye leaf has been awarded to football players as helmet stickers for outstanding plays since 1968. It is also the official symbol of the Ohio State University Alumni Association. Ohio State has been nicknamed the Buckeyes for over 100 years.

Try to keep up.

Political Issues
Bucky Hayes and Lou Holtz learned a long time ago it is not a good football idea to go very far south of the Ohio River (recently reinforced idea)... consequently lots of people down here in SEC land never see them Buckeye stickers and there are probably more marjuwanna leaves in TN than there are Buckeye leaves. With all that said it is still no reason to pull someone over, IMO.

Doc44
Old 02-17-2013, 14:31   #74
Gills63

This is a dumb article and has turned in to a dumb thread. We should send the fellow asking about staying low key over here so he sees how it is. If my kids ever have a career day, I guess Ill go as the boogie man.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Old 02-17-2013, 14:53   #75
Snowman92D

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff733 View Post
Hey! You shut your trap with that logic and reasonable thinking. There is no room for that in a good cop bashing thread by some of these experts on police procedure.
It's all part of a libertarian doper conspiracy to punish conservatives for not voting for Ron Paul for President. (Remember when many of them said they were gonna vote for Obama to "punish" conservatives?) When people get tired of police enforcing anti-dope laws, and of Obama taking their rights away, they will come to their senses and vote for Ron Paul.

Once elected, Ron Paul will appoint Cynthia McKinney as Attorney General, and Lew Rockwell as director of Homeland Security. The police will be prohibited from stopping anybody for any reason then.

http://www.independentpoliticalrepor...inney-friends/

Last edited by Snowman92D; 02-17-2013 at 14:53..
Old 02-17-2013, 15:38   #76
countrygun

Quote:

Thanksgiving
Christmas
New years
Valentines day

Uh oh, somebody didn't get their hand made bong back.
Old 02-17-2013, 15:39   #77
somebodybuymeaglock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
Is that you Alex Jones?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 2

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Lol!
Think im joking? Come here to st. Tammany/orleans parish!

-Mark Twain
Old 02-17-2013, 15:54   #78
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:

Thanksgiving
Christmas
New years
Valentines day

And since you have no real-world knowledge, it probably escaped your reasoning that, on holidays, police departments put a LOT more police on duty, especially evenings and nights, because those are the highest times for DUI, traffic accidents/fatalities, domestic violence and a few other crimes. When there are a lot more police working, and usually paying special attention to DUI enforcement, people who learned all they know from network television may think, "the police go nuts."

Your knowledge of forfeiture law is also a little weak.

Last edited by Bren; 02-17-2013 at 15:55..
Old 02-17-2013, 15:57   #79
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Not kidding, just bat-crap biased.

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
Old 02-17-2013, 16:08   #80
somebodybuymeaglock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
And since you have no real-world knowledge, it probably escaped your reasoning that, on holidays, police departments put a LOT more police on duty, especially evenings and nights, because those are the highest times for DUI, traffic accidents/fatalities, domestic violence and a few other crimes. When there are a lot more police working, and usually paying special attention to DUI enforcement, people who learned all they know from network television may think, "the police go nuts."

Your knowledge of forfeiture law is also a little weak.
You may not like it, but cops aound here do go nuts. Im one of the people who has to deal with cops in New Orleans and surrounding areas. They have a bad reputation for being just what I called them and corrupt on top of that. Its not about violence, they will pretty much go after anyone for something minor. And yes, at the end of the day it is about extracting money from people.

-Mark Twain

Closed Thread