Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013, 16:14   #81
czsmithGT
Senior Member
 
czsmithGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC44 View Post
Bucky Hayes and Lou Holtz learned a long time ago it is not a good football idea to go very far south of the Ohio River (recently reinforced idea)... consequently lots of people down here in SEC land never see them Buckeye stickers and there are probably more marjuwanna leaves in TN than there are Buckeye leaves. With all that said it is still no reason to pull someone over, IMO.

Doc44
LOL Woody Hayes just didn't want his kids to have to sweat or get malaria and such in the swamps.

czsmithGT is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 16:17   #82
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodybuymeaglock View Post
You may not like it, but cops aound here do go nuts. Im one of the people who has to deal with cops in New Orleans and surrounding areas. They have a bad reputation for being just what I called them and corrupt on top of that. Its not about violence, they will pretty much go after anyone for something minor. And yes, at the end of the day it is about extracting money from people.


It has never dawned on you that people party more on holidays and therefore tend to break the law more on holidays, and further therefore have more contact with the police as a result?

Your post should get a giant facepalm, but it's just not worth the effort.
countrygun is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 16:26   #83
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 46,787
Blog Entries: 1


Too biased to function.
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 16:37   #84
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Eurodriver, is that you?
countrygun is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 16:41   #85
somebodybuymeaglock
Senior Member
 
somebodybuymeaglock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Mississippi Gulf Coast
Posts: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
It has never dawned on you that people party more on holidays and therefore tend to break the law more on holidays, and further therefore have more contact with the police as a result?

Your post should get a giant facepalm, but it's just not worth the effort.
Yes, I get that that. Do you understand that there are some cops out there who arent so great?
__________________
"A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes."
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session."

-Mark Twain
somebodybuymeaglock is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 16:45   #86
wprebeck
Got quacks?
 
wprebeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In a flooded corn field
Posts: 8,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodybuymeaglock View Post
Yes, I get that that. Do you understand that there are some cops out there who arent so great?
Hey genius - has it ever occured to YOU that WE (the folks who work there) might know more than you? Including the dumbasses who cross the line?

Wow, you are a smart one. Oh, and for the record, it's busier during the warm months. But, you already knew that, since you're posting on GT - or, you'll tell me something else that you "know" about my job, because I haven't figured it out after 13 years and need someone who watched every episode of COPS to tell me what my job is like.

I swear, some of you are like the inmates at work. You know SO much...that just isn't so.
wprebeck is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 17:19   #87
somebodybuymeaglock
Senior Member
 
somebodybuymeaglock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Mississippi Gulf Coast
Posts: 360
You would think I came here and said all cops were corrupt and should burn. I just pointed out there are cops out there particularly around Nawlins are nuts, which many would agree! I guess this is what happens when you say anything remotely unflattering about some cop somewhere.





And at the end of the day many cops in Nawlin/st tammany are still...nuts...
__________________
"A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes."
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session."

-Mark Twain

Last edited by somebodybuymeaglock; 02-17-2013 at 17:44..
somebodybuymeaglock is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 18:00   #88
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodybuymeaglock View Post
You would think I came here and said all cops were corrupt and should burn. I just pointed out there are cops out there particularly around Nawlins are nuts, which many would agree! I guess this is what happens when you say anything remotely unflattering about some cop somewhere.





And at the end of the day many cops in Nawlin/st tammany are still...nuts...
Do you know how many times everyone hears someone, who got arrested, complaining they got arrested because the cops were crooked, and finally have to admit that they actually were breaking the law? Oh and how did your car develop the odor of burning marijuana in the first place?

countrygun is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 18:17   #89
somebodybuymeaglock
Senior Member
 
somebodybuymeaglock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Mississippi Gulf Coast
Posts: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Do you know how many times everyone hears someone, who got arrested, complaining they got arrested because the cops were crooked, and finally have to admit that they actually were breaking the law? Oh and how did your car develop the odor of burning marijuana in the first place?

I dont do any kind of drugs, so please stop accusing people youve never met of doing something illegal.Just because someone points out that some cops are off their rocker, doesnt mean that person is breaking the law.

__________________
"A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes."
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session."

-Mark Twain
somebodybuymeaglock is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 18:27   #90
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 46,787
Blog Entries: 1


Eurodriver always delivers.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 2
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 18:35   #91
DevilDocsGlocks
Senior Member
 
DevilDocsGlocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Camp Lejeune, NC
Posts: 149
Buckeyes do look like pot leaves a bit, but Freedom of Expression does nor warrant a pull.
DevilDocsGlocks is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 18:46   #92
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodybuymeaglock View Post
I dont do any kind of drugs, so please stop accusing people youve never met of doing something illegal.Just because someone points out that some cops are off their rocker, doesnt mean that person is breaking the law.

I was just using it in the same context that you used it in.

"Cop thinks he smells mj in your car, and its time to take your stuff".

Touchy little thing, aren't you?
countrygun is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 18:46   #93
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater
 
ChuteTheMall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Anti-Obamaville
Posts: 62,733


Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodybuymeaglock View Post
please stop accusing people youve never met of doing something illegal.
But that's his job, and don't try to tell him anything about it.
ChuteTheMall is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 18:49   #94
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
But that's his job, and don't try to tell him anything about it.
Not my job.
countrygun is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 19:12   #95
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 46,787
Blog Entries: 1


Political Issues
TBO is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 19:32   #96
somebodybuymeaglock
Senior Member
 
somebodybuymeaglock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Mississippi Gulf Coast
Posts: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Uh oh, somebody didn't get their hand made bong back.
Hmmmm....Not accusing at all.

But anyways im done.
But the funniest part of this is the defense of nopd which probably has about the worst reputations a pd can have outside the ny or the city of angwls. However, thou shalt not point this out on gt!

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
"A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes."
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session."

-Mark Twain
somebodybuymeaglock is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 19:42   #97
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 46,787
Blog Entries: 1


Many of us prefer facts over emotion, conjecture, or bias.
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 21:47   #98
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Personally, I applaud every dirty cop and every defender of dirty cops that I see. People hate police for the most part and the police have earned 90% of that bad rep. Let them pay off the other 10%.

If and when it comes down to us vs them in a gun confiscation situation or even a federal MJ law enforcement in states where it's legal, I want the police to have as ****ty a relationship with average Joe as possible. As few citizens backing up law enforcement as possible would be ideal in those circumstances. I want that guy that has to decide whether to hand his guns over to remember that BS pullover where the cop said he smelled MJ just for probable cause. I wonder if that motorcycle rider that had the BS plate obstruction charge and the door slammed on his leg will feel safer handing his guns over to police than he would have before that happened.

In fact, the more I think about it the more I hope cops really lose their damn minds on the citizenry and take every chance they have to show more voters what a police state will look like. Keep up the good work fellas.
Gunhaver is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 21:50   #99
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Personally, I applaud every dirty cop and every defender of dirty cops that I see. People hate police for the most part and the police have earned 90% of that bad rep. Let them pay off the other 10%.

If and when it comes down to us vs them in a gun confiscation situation or even a federal MJ law enforcement in states where it's legal, I want the police to have as ****ty a relationship with average Joe as possible. As few citizens backing up law enforcement as possible would be ideal in those circumstances. I want that guy that has to decide whether to hand his guns over to remember that BS pullover where the cop said he smelled MJ just for probable cause. I wonder if that motorcycle rider that had the BS plate obstruction charge and the door slammed on his leg will feel safer handing his guns over to police than he would have before that happened.

In fact, the more I think about it the more I hope cops really lose their damn minds on the citizenry and take every chance they have to show more voters what a police state will look like. Keep up the good work fellas.

And on top of that Cops have their job applications scrutinized and actually have their claims on those applications checked, unlike some civilians we know, they have to be truthful.
countrygun is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 21:57   #100
hogship
It's MY Island
 
hogship's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Northwest territory, pardner!
Posts: 12,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Personally, I applaud every dirty cop and every defender of dirty cops that I see. People hate police for the most part and the police have earned 90% of that bad rep. Let them pay off the other 10%.

If and when it comes down to us vs them in a gun confiscation situation or even a federal MJ law enforcement in states where it's legal, I want the police to have as ****ty a relationship with average Joe as possible. As few citizens backing up law enforcement as possible would be ideal in those circumstances. I want that guy that has to decide whether to hand his guns over to remember that BS pullover where the cop said he smelled MJ just for probable cause. I wonder if that motorcycle rider that had the BS plate obstruction charge and the door slammed on his leg will feel safer handing his guns over to police than he would have before that happened.

In fact, the more I think about it the more I hope cops really lose their damn minds on the citizenry and take every chance they have to show more voters what a police state will look like. Keep up the good work fellas.
I believe you have a point, gunhaver........

From my point of view, we've always had good and bad cops........but, I suspect the percentages reflect a downward trend for the ethics of cops, in general. Just like Saddam Hussein's "Republican Guard", I have a feeling quite a few of our current police force would be willing to do "anything" they were asked to do, whether it was right or wrong........

The same can be said of our current military.

.......and, that frightens me some.

ooc
__________________
NRA/VFW life, Harley Davidson FXDX, very patriotic!
Old iron pumper w/pony tail, Christian, lathe artist
Stevie Ray Vaughn, Janis Joplin, Johnny Cash
Visit my Vietnam photo album, 1968-69 click on link

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
hogship is offline  

 
  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 20:20.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,192
360 Members
832 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31