Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 16:14   #81
czsmithGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC44 View Post
Bucky Hayes and Lou Holtz learned a long time ago it is not a good football idea to go very far south of the Ohio River (recently reinforced idea)... consequently lots of people down here in SEC land never see them Buckeye stickers and there are probably more marjuwanna leaves in TN than there are Buckeye leaves. With all that said it is still no reason to pull someone over, IMO.

Doc44
LOL Woody Hayes just didn't want his kids to have to sweat or get malaria and such in the swamps.

Old 02-17-2013, 16:17   #82
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodybuymeaglock View Post
You may not like it, but cops aound here do go nuts. Im one of the people who has to deal with cops in New Orleans and surrounding areas. They have a bad reputation for being just what I called them and corrupt on top of that. Its not about violence, they will pretty much go after anyone for something minor. And yes, at the end of the day it is about extracting money from people.

It has never dawned on you that people party more on holidays and therefore tend to break the law more on holidays, and further therefore have more contact with the police as a result?

Your post should get a giant facepalm, but it's just not worth the effort.
Old 02-17-2013, 16:26   #83
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Too biased to function.

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
Old 02-17-2013, 16:37   #84
countrygun

Eurodriver, is that you?
Old 02-17-2013, 16:41   #85
somebodybuymeaglock

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
It has never dawned on you that people party more on holidays and therefore tend to break the law more on holidays, and further therefore have more contact with the police as a result?

Your post should get a giant facepalm, but it's just not worth the effort.
Yes, I get that that. Do you understand that there are some cops out there who arent so great?

-Mark Twain
Old 02-17-2013, 16:45   #86
wprebeck
Got quacks?

Quote:
Yes, I get that that. Do you understand that there are some cops out there who arent so great?
Hey genius - has it ever occured to YOU that WE (the folks who work there) might know more than you? Including the dumbasses who cross the line?

Wow, you are a smart one. Oh, and for the record, it's busier during the warm months. But, you already knew that, since you're posting on GT - or, you'll tell me something else that you "know" about my job, because I haven't figured it out after 13 years and need someone who watched every episode of COPS to tell me what my job is like.

I swear, some of you are like the inmates at work. You know SO much...that just isn't so.
Old 02-17-2013, 17:19   #87
somebodybuymeaglock

You would think I came here and said all cops were corrupt and should burn. I just pointed out there are cops out there particularly around Nawlins are nuts, which many would agree! I guess this is what happens when you say anything remotely unflattering about some cop somewhere.

And at the end of the day many cops in Nawlin/st tammany are still...nuts...

-Mark Twain

Last edited by somebodybuymeaglock; 02-17-2013 at 17:44..
Old 02-17-2013, 18:00   #88
countrygun

Quote:
You would think I came here and said all cops were corrupt and should burn. I just pointed out there are cops out there particularly around Nawlins are nuts, which many would agree! I guess this is what happens when you say anything remotely unflattering about some cop somewhere.

And at the end of the day many cops in Nawlin/st tammany are still...nuts...
Do you know how many times everyone hears someone, who got arrested, complaining they got arrested because the cops were crooked, and finally have to admit that they actually were breaking the law? Oh and how did your car develop the odor of burning marijuana in the first place?

Old 02-17-2013, 18:17   #89
somebodybuymeaglock

Quote:
Do you know how many times everyone hears someone, who got arrested, complaining they got arrested because the cops were crooked, and finally have to admit that they actually were breaking the law? Oh and how did your car develop the odor of burning marijuana in the first place?

I dont do any kind of drugs, so please stop accusing people youve never met of doing something illegal.Just because someone points out that some cops are off their rocker, doesnt mean that person is breaking the law.

-Mark Twain
Old 02-17-2013, 18:27   #90
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Eurodriver always delivers.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 2

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
Old 02-17-2013, 18:35   #91
DevilDocsGlocks

Buckeyes do look like pot leaves a bit, but Freedom of Expression does nor warrant a pull.
Old 02-17-2013, 18:46   #92
countrygun

Quote:
I dont do any kind of drugs, so please stop accusing people youve never met of doing something illegal.Just because someone points out that some cops are off their rocker, doesnt mean that person is breaking the law.

I was just using it in the same context that you used it in.

"Cop thinks he smells mj in your car, and its time to take your stuff".

Touchy little thing, aren't you?
Old 02-17-2013, 18:46   #93
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

Quote:
please stop accusing people youve never met of doing something illegal.
But that's his job, and don't try to tell him anything about it.
Old 02-17-2013, 18:49   #94
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
But that's his job, and don't try to tell him anything about it.
Not my job.
Old 02-17-2013, 19:12   #95
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Political Issues
Old 02-17-2013, 19:32   #96
somebodybuymeaglock

Quote:
Uh oh, somebody didn't get their hand made bong back.
Hmmmm....Not accusing at all.

But anyways im done.
But the funniest part of this is the defense of nopd which probably has about the worst reputations a pd can have outside the ny or the city of angwls. However, thou shalt not point this out on gt!

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

-Mark Twain
Old 02-17-2013, 19:42   #97
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Many of us prefer facts over emotion, conjecture, or bias.

Old 02-17-2013, 21:47   #98
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Personally, I applaud every dirty cop and every defender of dirty cops that I see. People hate police for the most part and the police have earned 90% of that bad rep. Let them pay off the other 10%.

If and when it comes down to us vs them in a gun confiscation situation or even a federal MJ law enforcement in states where it's legal, I want the police to have as ****ty a relationship with average Joe as possible. As few citizens backing up law enforcement as possible would be ideal in those circumstances. I want that guy that has to decide whether to hand his guns over to remember that BS pullover where the cop said he smelled MJ just for probable cause. I wonder if that motorcycle rider that had the BS plate obstruction charge and the door slammed on his leg will feel safer handing his guns over to police than he would have before that happened.

In fact, the more I think about it the more I hope cops really lose their damn minds on the citizenry and take every chance they have to show more voters what a police state will look like. Keep up the good work fellas.
Old 02-17-2013, 21:50   #99
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Personally, I applaud every dirty cop and every defender of dirty cops that I see. People hate police for the most part and the police have earned 90% of that bad rep. Let them pay off the other 10%.

If and when it comes down to us vs them in a gun confiscation situation or even a federal MJ law enforcement in states where it's legal, I want the police to have as ****ty a relationship with average Joe as possible. As few citizens backing up law enforcement as possible would be ideal in those circumstances. I want that guy that has to decide whether to hand his guns over to remember that BS pullover where the cop said he smelled MJ just for probable cause. I wonder if that motorcycle rider that had the BS plate obstruction charge and the door slammed on his leg will feel safer handing his guns over to police than he would have before that happened.

In fact, the more I think about it the more I hope cops really lose their damn minds on the citizenry and take every chance they have to show more voters what a police state will look like. Keep up the good work fellas.

And on top of that Cops have their job applications scrutinized and actually have their claims on those applications checked, unlike some civilians we know, they have to be truthful.
Old 02-17-2013, 21:57   #100
hogship
It's MY Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post

I believe you have a point, gunhaver........

From my point of view, we've always had good and bad cops........but, I suspect the percentages reflect a downward trend for the ethics of cops, in general. Just like Saddam Hussein's "Republican Guard", I have a feeling quite a few of our current police force would be willing to do "anything" they were asked to do, whether it was right or wrong........

The same can be said of our current military.

.......and, that frightens me some.

ooc
Visit my Vietnam photo album, 1968-69 click on link

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Closed Thread