Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 22:01   #101
Stubudd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
Many of us prefer facts over emotion, conjecture, or bias.
how about 11 mil a year trying to reform the NOPD

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1700960.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 02-17-2013, 22:27   #102
Stubudd

The DOJ says the NOPD "is a significant threat to the safety of the public"

http://www.newstatesman.com/north-am...ty-jail-police

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 02-17-2013, 23:02   #103
tmerritt530

I have a pretty solid idea of where this happened. Black (and white) SUVs dot the shelby county TN line on I-40 all the time. I lived there for 20 years and in the last five they started this "drug task force" schtick.

I suspect they were bored because most of the times I drove by them they were all lined up window to window four wide chatting.
Old 02-18-2013, 00:37   #104
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
And on top of that Cops have their job applications scrutinized and actually have their claims on those applications checked, unlike some civilians we know, they have to be truthful.
You have no idea how hilarious it is that that's the best you could do in response. Hold on and let me give you one of these just for effect...

I never lied on an application. Go find the original story and you'll see that it was a simple question asked in an interview by a woman who was doing interviews to see who should come back to talk to the regional maintenance director. She asked me if I knew about a particular system and I said yes so she would mark me down for a return interview. Then I did the research and when I came back I talked to the guy that would know if I was BSing him about that system. Funny how often you guys have to keep dragging the "Gunhaver the application falsifier" out in response to my posts on unrelated matters.

Why, it's almost like that's all you've got.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:45   #105
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce H View Post
Asset forfiture and all the goodies that go with it.
Used to violate rights since 1781.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:45   #106
hogfish
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Personally, I applaud every dirty cop and every defender of dirty cops that I see. People hate police for the most part and the police have earned 90% of that bad rep. Let them pay off the other 10%.

If and when it comes down to us vs them in a gun confiscation situation or even a federal MJ law enforcement in states where it's legal, I want the police to have as ****ty a relationship with average Joe as possible. As few citizens backing up law enforcement as possible would be ideal in those circumstances. I want that guy that has to decide whether to hand his guns over to remember that BS pullover where the cop said he smelled MJ just for probable cause. I wonder if that motorcycle rider that had the BS plate obstruction charge and the door slammed on his leg will feel safer handing his guns over to police than he would have before that happened.

In fact, the more I think about it the more I hope cops really lose their damn minds on the citizenry and take every chance they have to show more voters what a police state will look like. Keep up the good work fellas.
And here's the other side. Not saying it's justified (or not), but it is what it is.

"Almost no matter the question, capitalism and freedom are the answers, while government and religion are not." Syclone538
Old 02-18-2013, 06:49   #107
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
You have no idea how hilarious it is that that's the best you could do in response. Hold on and let me give you one of these just for effect...

I never lied on an application. Go find the original story and you'll see that it was a simple question asked in an interview by a woman who was doing interviews to see who should come back to talk to the regional maintenance director. She asked me if I knew about a particular system and I said yes so she would mark me down for a return interview. Then I did the research and when I came back I talked to the guy that would know if I was BSing him about that system. Funny how often you guys have to keep dragging the "Gunhaver the application falsifier" out in response to my posts on unrelated matters.

People with credibility problems, never want credibility to be an issue. Not a surprise.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:51   #108
hogfish
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogship View Post
I believe you have a point, gunhaver........

From my point of view, we've always had good and bad cops........but, I suspect the percentages reflect a downward trend for the ethics of cops, in general. Just like Saddam Hussein's "Republican Guard", I have a feeling quite a few of our current police force would be willing to do "anything" they were asked to do, whether it was right or wrong........

The same can be said of our current military.

.......and, that frightens me some.

ooc
Too often the military gets thrown into these topics. The effectiveness of the military is directly proportional to their capacity to unconditionally follow orders. Cops is a different breed: they must deal with citizens.

"Almost no matter the question, capitalism and freedom are the answers, while government and religion are not." Syclone538
Old 02-18-2013, 07:31   #109
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
People with credibility problems, never want credibility to be an issue. Not a surprise.
If you're going to tell me that you've never told a lie at least as big as telling an interviewer that you know something that you don't because you know that you can research that something and know what you're talking about to the person who will know then you are FOS. Completely FOS.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:33   #110
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
If you're going to tell me that you've never told a lie at least as big as telling an interviewer that you know something that you don't because you know that you can research that something and know what you're talking about to the person who will know then you are FOS. Completely FOS.
Is that how you justify it? By convincing yourself everyone else lies, too?
Old 02-18-2013, 07:37   #111
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Is that how you justify it? By convincing yourself everyone else lies, too?
Yes. Everybody lies. Anybody that says otherwise is proving my point. Are you going to tell me that you've never told a lie? Seriously? Never? Not once?
Old 02-18-2013, 07:42   #112
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Yes. Everybody lies. Anybody that says otherwise is proving my point. Are you going to tell me that you've never told a lie? Seriously? Never? Not once?
Not since I was a kid. No, I don't tell lies. Why would I need to? And, what goes on in your life where you need to tell lies? (Besides the drug problem and wanting to buy guns, I mean).

Not to mention, I have a job, where if I ever get caught lying, I will be prohibited from testifying in court, essentially ending my career.

Just try telling the truth. It's not as hard as you think, and it will reduce your stress in life as an extra benefit.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:43   #113
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Not since I was a kid. No, I don't tell lies. Why would I need to? And, what goes on in your life where you need to tell lies? (Besides the drug problem and wanting to buy guns, I mean).

Not to mention, I have a job, where if I ever get caught lying, I will be prohibited from testifying in court, essentially ending my career.

Just try telling the truth. It's not as hard as you think, and it will reduce your stress in life as an extra benefit.
Yeah, you're FOS.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:44   #114
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Yeah, you're FOS.

All right. Give us some examples of the kind of lies you think people in general, and me in particular, tell, on a day to day basis.

I'm serious. I'm trying to get in your head here.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:47   #115
John Rambo
Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntaxerrorsix View Post
None, it's a buckeye.

What sort of drug enforcement officer in their right mind wouldn't know what a pot leaf looks like?
Never underestimate the ineptitude of our 'soldiers' in the War on Drugs(tm).
Old 02-18-2013, 08:48   #116
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntaxerrorsix

None, it's a buckeye.

What sort of drug enforcement officer in their right mind wouldn't know what a pot leaf looks like?
Yes, an excellent point. But, perhaps not the one you meant to convey.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:55   #117
Atlas
transmogrifier

This thread... --->

Political Issues

Uncontrolled, unaccountable government spending + Graduated income-tax = SLAVERY

Last edited by Atlas; 02-18-2013 at 09:55..
Old 02-18-2013, 14:17   #118
countrygun

Quote:

"
Originally Posted by Gunhaver showthread.php?p=19697940showthread.php?p=19697940
I have tailored resumes' to specific jobs and given friend's numbers as contacts for past employers. Even gave my own home # and answered it as my imaginary ex-employer when they called. Basically BSed my way into several positions that I wasn't technically experienced at. One place had a requirement for experience on a boiler/chiller system that was brand new. Nobody could have had a chance to get any experience on this thing yet so they don't even know what they're asking for sometimes. I snapped some pics and googled the hell out of that thing so I knew enough to BS my way through the second interview with the maintenance director and I was in.

I've been BSed by employers way more than I've ever BSed them so I still come out on top. Do what she needs you to do to get her the job and don't worry about it. It's only a bad thing if she's a screw-up.
"

There it is in its entirety Shall I highlight sections for you?

Originally Posted by Gunhaver showthread.php?p=19697940showthread.php?p=19697940
I have tailored resumes' to specific jobs and given friend's numbers as contacts for past employers.

Lying about a friend being a former employer

Even gave my own home # and answered it as my imaginary ex-employer when they called.

Lying about your identity and pretending to be your own former employer

Basically BSed my way into several positions that I wasn't technically experienced at.

"BS" another word for "Lie"

One place had a requirement for experience on a boiler/chiller system that was brand new. Nobody could have had a chance to get any experience on this thing yet so they don't even know what they're asking for sometimes. I snapped some pics and googled the hell out of that thing so I knew enough to BS my way through the second interview with the maintenance director and I was in.

More BS/Lie

I've been BSed by employers way more than I've ever BSed them so I still come out on top. Do what she needs you to do to get her the job and don't worry about it.

The ends justify the means

It's only a bad thing if she's a screw-up.

Lying is only a bad thing if you get caught

Don't try to lecture anyone, or question anyone else's ethics
Old 02-18-2013, 14:20   #119
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

For people who have never met, and interacted wtih, pathological liars, we present, Gunhaver.
Old 02-18-2013, 14:23   #120
countrygun

Quote:

I never lied on an application.

Se the post above, that is a lie, in and of itself. and your own words prove it.

Go find the original story and you'll see that it was a simple question asked in an interview by a woman who was doing interviews to see who should come back to talk to the regional maintenance director.

See post above, not what you said at all, you are misrepresenting your own post, a form of lying

She asked me if I knew about a particular system and I said yes so she would mark me down for a return interview. Then I did the research and when I came back I talked to the guy that would know if I was BSing him about that system. Funny how often you guys have to keep dragging the "Gunhaver the application falsifier" out in response to my posts on unrelated matters.

Once gain, you lie about what you have said and admitted to

You just don't know when to stop lying, it's pathological with you.

I think I will save these last two posts for every time you dare question anyone else's ethics.

Closed Thread