Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-28-2013, 17:37   #21
rustytxrx

CDC estimates there were 30,000 death by gun shot wound in USA in 2007. If exstrapulated thru 2012 that would be a large sample to compare the validity of ballistic medium to human tissue.

So you could look at the reverse logic. If the current method of ballistc testing mediium was not comparable, it would have been pointed out.

The biggest point to me is that at worst you can compare different bullets to each other being shot thru the same medium So to a great extent it does not make any difference, you are comparing ballistics and bullets shot thru the same stuff.

Last edited by rustytxrx; 01-28-2013 at 17:38..
rustytxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 18:02   #22
Tiro Fijo

Back on topic: Aguila is garbage. The Mexicans even hate it & it's made there. Worst 'Kaboom" I've ever seen was with Aguila ammo in a Glock. Having lived/worked in Mexico I know what "quality control" there implies.
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 18:29   #23
M 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo View Post
Back on topic:
OK, fair enough.

Quote:
Aguila is garbage. The Mexicans even hate it & it's made there. Worst 'Kaboom" I've ever seen was with Aguila ammo in a Glock. Having lived/worked in Mexico I know what "quality control" there implies.
How about some details about the failure? Was the Glock damaged or the shooter injured, and if so, in what way?
Old 01-28-2013, 22:28   #24
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by M 7 View Post
...How about some details about the failure? Was the Glock damaged or the shooter injured, and if so, in what way?

WTF does that matter? Are you Quincy M.E.?

Factory overload blew up the gun like a grenade. Beyond that is over your pay grade.
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 23:16   #25
M 7

Quote:
WTF does that matter? Are you Quincy M.E.?

Factory overload blew up the gun like a grenade. Beyond that is over your pay grade.
My, my, my, such hostility and bitterness.

Last edited by M 7; 01-28-2013 at 23:21..
M 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:29   #26
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by M 7 View Post
Given it's performance, I'd avoid it for SD/CCW use.

That leaves target practice and plinking. Kind of expensive for that. There are better options out there.
Amen. I want a round that will penetrate a foot or so.
Old 02-15-2013, 19:33   #27
CareerCoach
WonderWoman

Rubsy, glad you asked this question. I've had what I think are problems with Aguila 124gr ammo, which I use in both my G26 & G19C. Mainly in the 19C I experience a failure to feed and sometimes a double feed. I've troubleshooted all the other possibilities and the only thing I can come up with is it's not a hot enough load due to the ports in the barrel.

I appreciate some of the other comments made here - the ones that are on topic at least... I come here for information, not for little boys in pissing matches.

For ****s Sake these threads wouldn't be so long if people actually just answered the *******ed question.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
CareerCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 21:16   #28
kd8x

I've shot the 124gr FMJ Aquila in my G19 with no problems whatsoever...However the brass can't be used to reload 147gr bullets very well because of the canilure ring in the brass. Works well for reloading 115 or 124 gr bullets only....had feeding problems with reloaded 147gr fmj bullets...but the factory ammo was okay for me..
kd8x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 23:54   #29
FloorPoor

Aquila makes some pretty good .22lr ammo, some varieties are extremely accurate in my savage markII, but I havn't tried any of their center fire stuff.
FloorPoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:41   #30
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd8x View Post
I've shot the 124gr FMJ Aquila in my G19 with no problems whatsoever...However the brass can't be used to reload 147gr bullets very well because of the canilure ring in the brass. Works well for reloading 115 or 124 gr bullets only....had feeding problems with reloaded 147gr fmj bullets...but the factory ammo was okay for me..
When I start reloading 150gr LRN bullets in my 9mm G17, I'll have to sort out the Aquila brass.