Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:41   #121
Stevekozak
Returning video

Quote:
Originally Posted by janice6 View Post
It might help to go where the jobs are, instead of sitting in one spot and wailing about why they do not come to you.

This is much of the crux of the legitimate unemployment problem. People don't want to go where the work is. I have never understood it. If there is no work here, then you sure as **** should pack it up and go to there where this is work! If this country had a work or starve mentality, there would be a whole lot more work being done!!
Old 02-17-2013, 13:58   #122
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
Exactly right. I don't live in the town I would really like to live in at this second, because I need to work in another town.

I have little sympathy for people who refuse to leave, Detroit, for instance, but complain they have no job opportuities there.
Funny you should mention this. I took a beating from some of our "preppers" in the Survival Forum because they insist that hoards of people are going to flee the cities into every nook and cranny of the wilderness and upset the ecology, kill off all the game and various other bad things.

I got whacked because I said that I don't see it happening, based partially on the fact that it didn't happen in the thirties, when the society was a bit closer to that "pioneer" mentality, and given the fact that people aren't fleeing the cities now and in fact are clinging to them. If "something" happens (whatever you want to call it) there will still be politicians, politicians will play to their greatest concentrations of voters. (That is why there were "soup kitchens" and such in the CITIES in the '30s) The frogs will sit in the pans (the cities) as the heat is turned up, expecting Government to solve their problems rather than take responsibility for themselves.

I just don't see people who won't move to where there is work now suddenly throwing the family in the car to go live in a tent in the woods. But I was outvoted in that forum by the experts.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 14:03   #123
jakebrake
cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
It is still all Bush's fault!

LOL
what isn't?
Old 02-17-2013, 14:08   #124
sheriff733
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Funny you should mention this. I took a beating from some of our "preppers" in the Survival Forum because they insist that hoards of people are going to flee the cities into every nook and cranny of the wilderness and upset the ecology, kill off all the game and various other bad things.

I got whacked because I said that I don't see it happening, based partially on the fact that it didn't happen in the thirties, when the society was a bit closer to that "pioneer" mentality, and given the fact that people aren't fleeing the cities now and in fact are clinging to them. If "something" happens (whatever you want to call it) there will still be politicians, politicians will play to their greatest concentrations of voters. (That is why there were "soup kitchens" and such in the CITIES in the '30s) The frogs will sit in the pans (the cities) as the heat is turned up, expecting Government to solve their problems rather than take responsibility for themselves.

I just don't see people who won't move to where there is work now suddenly throwing the family in the car to go live in a tent in the woods. But I was outvoted in that forum by the experts.
So you wondered into the loony bin and are surprised at what was going on in there?

I thought that sub-forum was mainly supposed to be comedy?

"This isn't domestic abuse. This is hilarious!" -Peter Griffin
sheriff733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 14:21   #125
maxsnafu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhook View Post
Can numbers and statistics be racist?
Haven't you ever heard of hatefacts?
Old 02-17-2013, 14:24   #126
maxsnafu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
Lots of shortages of workers in the Dakota's.

People ought to consider MOVING to where workers are needed.
The trouble is, if you move to the Dakotas you may have to really work. Who needs that when "our" government is so generous?
Old 02-17-2013, 14:35   #127
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff733 View Post
So you wondered into the loony bin and are surprised at what was going on in there?

I thought that sub-forum was mainly supposed to be comedy?
They really should put a warning sticker on it.

The suspension of common sense required to take it seriously (snicker) was more than I could hack.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:54   #128
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post

The criminals who are robbing and killing people for money in the cities almost never leave the cities to come out in the countryside now to do their deeds. I sure can't see them doing it when they have to walk instead of drive.
Old 02-18-2013, 13:33   #129
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
The criminals who are robbing and killing people for money in the cities almost never leave the cities to come out in the countryside now to do their deeds. I sure can't see them doing it when they have to walk instead of drive.
Cities are a "target rich" environment for criminals AND politicians.

Things that make you go "Hmmmm"