SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-06-2013, 20:58   #21
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoney890 View Post
I browsed brownells and they don't seem to have much Noveske stuff, I've ordered from PSA, but I shy away from them because or order times and I've had problems with 2 out of 3 orders. I'd order from them again, but It'd have to be because they had something that others did not.

And I agree with your analogy, but for a company as large as Midway or BCM, it shouldn't matter. For a small 'mom and pop' shop, it would more likely affect them.
Yeah I think Brownells does not carry as many brands as others, but they are a very good company to deal with IMO.

Heck honestly anybody legit company who has something in stock I will order from

Might not hurt to keep an eye out on GunBroker for parts. You can find some decent deals on there and it is ready to ship. I bought some NIB Beretta mags on there a few weeks ago and paid what I would call a pre-mess price for them. Can not hurt to look.
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 21:11   #22
bigmoney890

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
Yeah I think Brownells does not carry as many brands as others, but they are a very good company to deal with IMO.

Heck honestly anybody legit company who has something in stock I will order from

Might not hurt to keep an eye out on GunBroker for parts. You can find some decent deals on there and it is ready to ship. I bought some NIB Beretta mags on there a few weeks ago and paid what I would call a pre-mess price for them. Can not hurt to look.
I've been checking gunbroker every few hours for the past two days. Anything Noveske is going for OUTRAGEOUS prices. I saw a stripped MUR upper go for $380 within about two hours. Also, a upper assembly go for $1200, without bcg or charging handle. That's ridiculous...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bigmoney890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 21:30   #23
Ruggles

Quote:
I've been checking gunbroker every few hours for the past two days. Anything Noveske is going for OUTRAGEOUS prices. I saw a stripped MUR upper go for $380 within about two hours. Also, a upper assembly go for $1200, without bcg or charging handle. That's ridiculous...
I agree it is crazy expensive. I would guess if you want a brand name like that you are going to haver to get "lotto lucky" level to find one near MSRP

I just saw BCM BCGs listed for $350+.

I have a BCM BCG, RRA BCG and a DD BCG in my 3 ARs. I am hard pressed to see a vast difference in them myself

Do you have your Gun Broker account set up to email you with a predefined search for parts you want? If will email you daily with updates if you want on any new parts listed. Of course once a day might not be enough for parts like those.
Old 02-06-2013, 21:33   #24
bigmoney890

Quote:
I agree it is crazy expensive. I would guess if you want a brand name like that you are going to haver to get "lotto lucky" level to find one near MSRP
I got "lotto lucky" today to find my barrel. The guy ordered it a few weeks ago and didn't need to when he got it.

Quote:
Do you have your Gun Broker account set up to email you with a predefined search for parts you want? If will email you daily with updates if you want on any new parts listed. Of course once a day might not be enough for parts like those.
What?! You can do that?!?! I'm doing it right now!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 02-06-2013, 21:38   #25
Ruggles

Quote:
I got "lotto lucky" today to find my barrel. The guy ordered it a few weeks ago and didn't need to when he got it.

What?! You can do that?!?! I'm doing it right now!
I get updates daily via email on my two "saved" searches of two hand guns I am interested in. No scores yet on them but I have hope!
Old 02-06-2013, 21:43   #26
bigmoney890

Quote:
I get updates daily via email on my two "saved" searches of two hand guns I am interested in. No scores yet on them but I have hope!
Just signed up for the saved search. I have no doubt i'll get a huge number of hits, but it's finding the right price is what i'm worried about. I'll eventually get there. Between your guys help, the dozen or so websites email lists i'm on, and gunbroker, i'm bound to find what I need in no time.

Old 02-06-2013, 22:12   #27
Ruggles

Quote:
Just signed up for the saved search. I have no doubt i'll get a huge number of hits, but it's finding the right price is what i'm worried about. I'll eventually get there. Between your guys help, the dozen or so websites email lists i'm on, and gunbroker, i'm bound to find what I need in no time.
I hope you do.

Remember it's not the destination but the journey that is the most fun!
Old 02-07-2013, 12:05   #28
bigmoney890

The journey for my last built felt like I was in the desert for 40 years This one should go by much faster

Old 02-07-2013, 17:16   #29
michael_b
BRC #1492

Quote:
I have ordered from BCM, but I think it's silly to have a minimum limit. But I'd rather have a minimum limit than be charged for small orders. That defeats the purpose of ordering online if you end up paying for shipping plus a small order fee. A minimum order limit seems more reasonable, but I still don't like it. Plus, I looked through Midways website, they don't have the things i'm looking for, or I might have overlooked them.
Well for me at least, every order I have exceeds the minimum limit easily lol.

BCM is fantastic and their BCGs are very nice.

"Compromise on gun-rights? Did Rosa Parks settle for the middle of the bus?"-Mushinto
michael_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:36   #30
bigmoney890

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_b View Post
Well for me at least, every order I have exceeds the minimum limit easily lol.

BCM is fantastic and their BCGs are very nice.
It's hard not to order the minimum order from BCM, but places like midway have so many small odds and ends.

And i'm currently eating my words about Midway, turns out they have the barrel I want In Stock. If it's still available on Monday (the day i'm sending the M.O. out to the guy on arfcom), I'm going with Midway instead. I'd rather buy a barrel from a reputable company AND save $20, than buy from some random buy on the Arfcom EE.

Old 02-08-2013, 14:33   #31
michael_b
BRC #1492

Quote:
It's hard not to order the minimum order from BCM, but places like midway have so many small odds and ends.

And i'm currently eating my words about Midway, turns out they have the barrel I want In Stock. If it's still available on Monday (the day i'm sending the M.O. out to the guy on arfcom), I'm going with Midway instead. I'd rather buy a barrel from a reputable company AND save $20, than buy from some random buy on the Arfcom EE.
I think that is very wise.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

"Compromise on gun-rights? Did Rosa Parks settle for the middle of the bus?"-Mushinto
michael_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 16:33   #32
bigmoney890

Scratch Upper Receiver off the list, but re-add the Barrel. My plan backfired to get the barrel, midway was sold out when I went back to my cart, and the guy on Arfcom had sold the barrel. That's what I get for playing middle of the road I guess.

Old 02-20-2013, 20:33   #33
bigmoney890

Thanks to GSSF17, I have a lower parts kit as well. Only need a BCG, Barrel, and Rail system to complete my build! Yay!

Old 02-20-2013, 21:55   #34
GSSF17
...2 of 'em

Quote:
Thanks to GSSF17, I have a lower parts kit as well. Only need a BCG, Barrel, and Rail system to complete my build! Yay!

I couldn't stand to see a brotha suffer!!! Glad to help. I bought 3 LPKs hoping that I would get one. I got two, so one is now yours. I appreciate the props as well.
-Rimfire Club#1097 -Florida Glockers Club#1097 -Black Rifle Club #1097 -Certified Glock Armorer

RIP John Noveske- 1976 - 2013
GSSF17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 22:17   #35
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSSF17 View Post
I couldn't stand to see a brotha suffer!!! Glad to help. I bought 3 LPKs hoping that I would get one. I got two, so one is now yours. I appreciate the props as well.
Nicely done, good karma to you!
Old 02-20-2013, 22:33   #36
GSSF17
...2 of 'em

Quote:
Nicely done, good karma to you!
Thanks, Ruggles. I did not do it to hoard, but rather to secure spare parts for my most recent build. I ended up with more than expected- and the second I realized it could help a GTer in his build, I contacted him.

We are all in this race together, right? United in our sport! What goes around comes around, I always say.

big$, when I get a line on a BCG, I will shoot it to ya! Get it done, son!
-Rimfire Club#1097 -Florida Glockers Club#1097 -Black Rifle Club #1097 -Certified Glock Armorer

RIP John Noveske- 1976 - 2013
GSSF17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 22:45   #37
bigmoney890

GSSF17 is actually the third person to go out of their way to try and help! But, he was the only ones help I needed. GTer's have really stepped up and I thank you all! And thanks to the guys that tried helping!

Quote:
Appreciate it. Been checking the last place I bought a BCG from (CMT FA BCG for $115 in october) every few weeks. They had none in stock a month ago with no backorder. I checked today and they had all of their own BCG's in stock again for 3x the price! Shouldn't have been shocked, but I was. At this point, i'm thinking about getting any reputable BCG, grabbing a Rainier Arms barrel, and calling it a day. I'll try and keep patient and make every as Noveske as possible, but it's so damn difficult!

Last edited by bigmoney890; 02-20-2013 at 22:47..
Old 02-21-2013, 19:08   #38
Ruggles

Quote:
GSSF17 is actually the third person to go out of their way to try and help! But, he was the only ones help I needed. GTer's have really stepped up and I thank you all! And thanks to the guys that tried helping!

Appreciate it. Been checking the last place I bought a BCG from (CMT FA BCG for $115 in october) every few weeks. They had none in stock a month ago with no backorder. I checked today and they had all of their own BCG's in stock again for 3x the price! Shouldn't have been shocked, but I was. At this point, i'm thinking about getting any reputable BCG, grabbing a Rainier Arms barrel, and calling it a day. I'll try and keep patient and make every as Noveske as possible, but it's so damn difficult!
Good plane. Get any BCG, replace it when you can with what you want and keep the original BCG as a spare

I have 2 Daniel Defense BCGs and a BCM BCG, they are equally built IMO.
Old 02-21-2013, 19:15   #39
Ruggles

Quote:
Thanks, Ruggles. I did not do it to hoard, but rather to secure spare parts for my most recent build. I ended up with more than expected- and the second I realized it could help a GTer in his build, I contacted him.

We are all in this race together, right? United in our sport! What goes around comes around, I always say.

I agree. I traded a LPK I had on hand when I saw a guy on the classifies here saying he needed one. I traded for a used item and the LPK were selling for $150 or so then. I think he got the better end of the deal IMO but I did not need it and he did. Heck I really did not want the item he was trading but I will find a use for it!

I have sold alot of stuff recently, I don't think I made much if any $ from what I paid. Some would call me silly for doing so but the stuff was just sitting around and others wanted it. Good gun gear was going to waste here, now it can life a useful life out there somewhere!
Old 02-24-2013, 23:25   #40
bigmoney890

Making some progress!! Pistol buffer tube is just mocked up right now, and the lower parts kit is due to arrive by tomorrow or tuesday, and i'll have a fully complete lower. Wooooo

Black Rifle Forum

Black Rifle Forum

Against my better judgement, I've re-signed up for BCM's notification for BCG's. I applaud what BCM is trying to do, I just wish that the NRA wasn't so foolishly wasting my money by sending me renewal forms EVERY SINGLE WEEK SINCE I JOINED. I would be much happier if BCM donated to the Wounded Warrior Project or something along those lines, but the NRA is still out doing what we're paying them to do. I just think they could spend our money a little better. [/rant]

Anyway, I'll be checking out every local gun shop early this week, so hopefully I can get on all of their call lists for parts as well. And remember guys, keep me in your thoughts when finding anything Noveske!

Quote:
Good plane. Get any BCG, replace it when you can with what you want and keep the original BCG as a spare

I have 2 Daniel Defense BCGs and a BCM BCG, they are equally built IMO.
Precisely what I was thinking