SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-18-2013, 21:43   #21
mjkeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuse View Post
Don't flatter yourself. I've trained on the AK a little. Ran one through a two day carbine course (Tigerswan) and been familiarized on 'em several times. Never saw any advantage. Not one.

I done trying to pontificate the high points of a stamped sheet metal POS.

Ya'll have fun..

Quote:
...people of average intelligence don't usually try to take a class or shoot a match with an AK...
Good thing you included the "usually."
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 22:11   #22
KalashniKEV

Quote:
Don't flatter yourself. I've trained on the AK a little. Ran one through a two day carbine course (Tigerswan) and been familiarized on 'em several times. Never saw any advantage. Not one.

Ya'll have fun..
Train more.

Post less.
KalashniKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:39   #23
crazymoose
Nonentity

Have both. Like both. Anybody who can't get the job done with either one needs more trigger time.

To the OP, AR's cost more because they're more expensive to manufacture. The price disparity should actually probably be greater, but the supply of domestically-manufactured AR's is (or was, prior to the ban talk) reaching saturation, whereas the AK supply is drying up, with the scarcity of domestic manufacturers, and the ATF ban on the import of cheap parts kits/barrels. People are willing to pay more for the AR for accuracy, ergonomics, and the potential for customization.

Doubt is an unpleasant condition, but certainty is absurd. Voltaire
crazymoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:29   #24
Pier23

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymoose View Post
Have both. Like both. Anybody who can't get the job done with either one needs more trigger time.

To the OP, AR's cost more because they're more expensive to manufacture. The price disparity should actually probably be greater, but the supply of domestically-manufactured AR's is (or was, prior to the ban talk) reaching saturation, whereas the AK supply is drying up, with the scarcity of domestic manufacturers, and the ATF ban on the import of cheap parts kits/barrels. People are willing to pay more for the AR for accuracy, ergonomics, and the potential for customization.
Thank you, Crazymoose, a very helpful comment.
Pier23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:16   #25
RoughTexturedTrav
Spenser4Hire

I'm going to use that train more post/talk less thing from now on. Burn! I own a sgl21 and a 6920 and the only thing i've added to the arsenal was a sling and a new trigger. I just saved a bunch of money on my F&*k S%^t Up rifle by switching to Kalashnikov

Chesty Puller USMC
RoughTexturedTrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:27   #26
DaleGribble
Well Heeled Bum

Quote:

Ya'll have fun..
Quite frankly, I think you're lying. You sound like the typical chair-borne commando that has his ego wrapped up in winning an Internet argument.

If you had the experience with an AK that you claim, you wouldn't have said the non-sensical things that you've said.

I've trained on both platforms, recognize the differences, own both weapon platforms and can run either one without difficulty. They're just tools, not life choices.
DaleGribble is offline   Reply With Quote