Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-19-2013, 06:05   #21
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
Did you actually read the article?

Do you realize it conveys basically the opposite message of what your thread title does?
I read the article and what it conveyed to me was the DemoRats thought they were going to sneak something by the citizens and got caught with their pants down.

Then there are the people who say it was all just a big mistake.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
Proverbs 21:31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but victory is of the LORD.

"I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive at death safely."
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:29   #22
walt cowan

how about inspecting their homes. offices, autos and schools where their children go for anything illegal. seems like someone is doing a lot of meth and crack.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:48   #23
pugman

Take a page from Doug Stanhope's playbook..

For those who don't know he is a X rated comedian who tells the TSA, if you want to inspect my luggage, I will make sure you get an eye full.

Seattle Democrats...come into my house...I am responsible for what you will find.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:55   #24
stevelyn
NRA Life Member

Heh.....And I just got an email from my state rep....... a democrap no less, that stated his support for HB 69 that will grant me my wish to slap handcuffs and plant my boot-heel on any BATFEces or other feral govt puke that crosses the line to confiscation.

Ahhhhh.......The free republic of Alaska.
Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey

Last edited by stevelyn; 02-19-2013 at 08:56..
stevelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:55   #25
Gundude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ked View Post
Dude, please share with us what YOU think the article is about.

ked
It's an article about how Democrats supporting any anti-gun measure without even taking the time to read it has actually hurt the future prospects for "common sense" gun control legislation in WA, by fomenting distrust even among those citizens who would support gun control.

It's really not that complicated an article.
Gundude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:29   #26
Kablam

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroguy View Post
Here in NM, I am pretty sure it will die. My congressman replied to me today regarding HB 402 (mags/AWB ban)....

I agree with your point of view. You well know that I am a law abiding gun owner myself and can appreciate the comments you make.

Instant NICS background checks have been a part of gun purchases for several years now. Whether they make a difference or not is not easily determined. The fact is that criminals looking to commit crimes are not shopping at Wal-Mart for guns...typically.

I would hope that our legislature will have more dialogue regarding mental health issues and protecting places that are vulnerable to horrible attacks.

I thank you for your well thought out comments and look forward to defeating that bill if it comes up for a vote.

State Representative Alonzo Baldonado
I hope you're right. For the first time in 27 years of living in NM, I am a little worried about it. I don't think the AWB that's going around will make it to a vote. The governor surprised me with her pro-universal background checks stance though.
Kablam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 19:41   #27
DonGlock26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
So in your world reading an article in its entirety is equal to defending Democrat gun grabbers?

Of course you're not going to believe anything that runs contrary to what you already think. Your record is crystal clear on that point. The funny thing is that you expect the readers of your posts to exhibit the same disconnect from reality.
I don't have to accept the article's author's spin. It reveals what the Democrats tried to pass into law. Home inspections for gun owners. Their staffers wrote it, and they are responsible for it. That's what MY OP is about. Do you want to discuss the bill? Your record is to try and drag thread off topics that hurt Democrats or the Left.

A staffer (s) wrote Obamacare. Do you REALLY think Pelosi voted for it so that she could find out what was in it?

Last edited by DonGlock26; 02-19-2013 at 19:47..
DonGlock26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 21:08   #28
oldman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonGlock26 View Post
I don't have to accept the article's author's spin. It reveals what the Democrats tried to pass into law. Home inspections for gun owners. Their staffers wrote it, and they are responsible for it. That's what MY OP is about. Do you want to discuss the bill? Your record is to try and drag thread off topics that hurt Democrats or the Left.

A staffer (s) wrote Obamacare. Do you REALLY think Pelosi voted for it so that she could find out what was in it?
You're right, the Dems did try to sneak it in, and they got caught. But they did have their excuse already to go just in case. That's a gotcha.
oldman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 21:21   #29
EOS
Headbanger

It's Washington state folks, the people there don't give a damn. They'll gladly allow the cops in their homes for inspections and thank them for keeping them safe.

Let Freedom Ring With A Shotgun Blast
EOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 22:10   #30
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Never happen. We have been assured that the enforcers won't enforce unconstitutional laws.
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 22:16   #31
ditto1958

They are not satisfied with violating the 2nd amendment, so now they want to go after the 4th, too?
ditto1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 22:20   #32
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto1958 View Post
They are not satisfied with violating the 2nd amendment, so now they want to go after the 4th, too?
Hey, at least we still have the 3rd amendment.
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 14:54   #33
plainsman

The Hitler Safe Streets Act, home inspections.

Amend the bill to call for "nazi style tatooing" of gunowers, offer to import a few ex nazi's from Germany to do the job, and transport gunowners to tatoo parlors in cattle cars. Certainly liberals can never go to far, when it comes to peasant controls.

Call it the Hitler Safe Street act., The Nazi's could have really used these people in WW2.
plainsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 15:05   #34
oldman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon View Post
Never happen. We have been assured that the enforcers won't enforce unconstitutional laws.
Yeah, right. And you believe that?
oldman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 15:11   #35
Barcroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnemyOfTheState View Post
It's Washington state folks, the people there don't give a damn. They'll gladly allow the cops in their homes for inspections and thank them for keeping them safe.
This one won't.
Old 02-20-2013, 17:53   #36
Kablam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon View Post
I get the sarcasm Ruble. Anbody remember what happened in and around New Orleans after Katrina?
Kablam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 14:32   #37
CanMan

Ah yes, true colors shining through.....

"In order to continue to possess an assault weapon that was legally possessed on the effective date of this section, the person possessing shall ... safely and securely store the assault weapon. The sheriff of the county may, no more than once per year, conduct an inspection to ensure compliance with this subsection."

These are the kind of sick minds I'm worried about! The poor guy that suffers anxiety to make ends meet by having two jobs isn't threatening. Progressive thinking indicated in the article underlines a far more elitist and insidious disease.
S&W Club #43
CanMan is offline   Reply With Quote