SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:29   #26
Kablam

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroguy View Post
Here in NM, I am pretty sure it will die. My congressman replied to me today regarding HB 402 (mags/AWB ban)....

I agree with your point of view. You well know that I am a law abiding gun owner myself and can appreciate the comments you make.

Instant NICS background checks have been a part of gun purchases for several years now. Whether they make a difference or not is not easily determined. The fact is that criminals looking to commit crimes are not shopping at Wal-Mart for guns...typically.

I would hope that our legislature will have more dialogue regarding mental health issues and protecting places that are vulnerable to horrible attacks.

I thank you for your well thought out comments and look forward to defeating that bill if it comes up for a vote.

State Representative Alonzo Baldonado
I hope you're right. For the first time in 27 years of living in NM, I am a little worried about it. I don't think the AWB that's going around will make it to a vote. The governor surprised me with her pro-universal background checks stance though.
Kablam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 18:41   #27
DonGlock26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
So in your world reading an article in its entirety is equal to defending Democrat gun grabbers?

Of course you're not going to believe anything that runs contrary to what you already think. Your record is crystal clear on that point. The funny thing is that you expect the readers of your posts to exhibit the same disconnect from reality.
I don't have to accept the article's author's spin. It reveals what the Democrats tried to pass into law. Home inspections for gun owners. Their staffers wrote it, and they are responsible for it. That's what MY OP is about. Do you want to discuss the bill? Your record is to try and drag thread off topics that hurt Democrats or the Left.

A staffer (s) wrote Obamacare. Do you REALLY think Pelosi voted for it so that she could find out what was in it?
“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”

Last edited by DonGlock26; 02-19-2013 at 18:47..
DonGlock26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 20:08   #28
oldman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonGlock26 View Post
I don't have to accept the article's author's spin. It reveals what the Democrats tried to pass into law. Home inspections for gun owners. Their staffers wrote it, and they are responsible for it. That's what MY OP is about. Do you want to discuss the bill? Your record is to try and drag thread off topics that hurt Democrats or the Left.

A staffer (s) wrote Obamacare. Do you REALLY think Pelosi voted for it so that she could find out what was in it?
You're right, the Dems did try to sneak it in, and they got caught. But they did have their excuse already to go just in case. That's a gotcha.
Old 02-19-2013, 20:21   #29
EOS

It's Washington state folks, the people there don't give a damn. They'll gladly allow the cops in their homes for inspections and thank them for keeping them safe.

Gay married couples should be able to defend their tax free pot fields with fully automatic, suppressed SBR AR-15s.....with 100 round Beta mags.
EOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 21:10   #30
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Never happen. We have been assured that the enforcers won't enforce unconstitutional laws.
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 21:16   #31
ditto1958

They are not satisfied with violating the 2nd amendment, so now they want to go after the 4th, too?
ditto1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 21:20   #32
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto1958 View Post
They are not satisfied with violating the 2nd amendment, so now they want to go after the 4th, too?
Hey, at least we still have the 3rd amendment.
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 13:54   #33
plainsman

The Hitler Safe Streets Act, home inspections.

Amend the bill to call for "nazi style tatooing" of gunowers, offer to import a few ex nazi's from Germany to do the job, and transport gunowners to tatoo parlors in cattle cars. Certainly liberals can never go to far, when it comes to peasant controls.

Call it the Hitler Safe Street act., The Nazi's could have really used these people in WW2.
plainsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 14:05   #34
oldman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon View Post
Never happen. We have been assured that the enforcers won't enforce unconstitutional laws.
Yeah, right. And you believe that?
Old 02-20-2013, 14:11   #35
Barcroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnemyOfTheState View Post
It's Washington state folks, the people there don't give a damn. They'll gladly allow the cops in their homes for inspections and thank them for keeping them safe.
This one won't.
Old 02-20-2013, 16:53   #36
Kablam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon View Post
I get the sarcasm Ruble. Anbody remember what happened in and around New Orleans after Katrina?
Kablam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 13:32   #37
CanMan

Ah yes, true colors shining through.....

"In order to continue to possess an assault weapon that was legally possessed on the effective date of this section, the person possessing shall ... safely and securely store the assault weapon. The sheriff of the county may, no more than once per year, conduct an inspection to ensure compliance with this subsection."

These are the kind of sick minds I'm worried about! The poor guy that suffers anxiety to make ends meet by having two jobs isn't threatening. Progressive thinking indicated in the article underlines a far more elitist and insidious disease.
S&W Club #43
CanMan is offline   Reply With Quote