Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 20:11   #141
Bruce H
Senior Member
 
Bruce H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: missouri
Posts: 4,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanVic View Post
I wouldn't want to live in any country where a group of people has free reign to round up and execute people that have different political views than they do. Christ, if you think that has ever been what America is about, I don't know what to tell you.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

When they go about the ruining the place I live in and call home because of their own short sighted stupidity, hell yes.
__________________
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Bruce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 20:26   #142
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater
 
ChuteTheMall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Anti-Obamaville
Posts: 61,671


Combine election day with income tax day;
no witholding allowed, so bring your completed tax return and your checkbook to the polls and pay up an entire year of income taxes before you can vote. Get arrested on the spot if you haven't paid prior years.

This might teach voters that elections have consequences which influence how much they have to pay.

Pay up before you vote!


Political Issues

Last edited by ChuteTheMall; 02-18-2013 at 20:27..
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 00:17   #143
TX OMFS
Lifetime Membership
Right wing nut
 
TX OMFS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
This might teach voters that elections have consequences which influence how much they have to pay.

Pay up before you vote!
I like it.
__________________
“Men do not differ much about what things they call evils; they differ enormously about what evils they will call excusable.” - G. K. Chesterton
TX OMFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 00:22   #144
TX OMFS
Lifetime Membership
Right wing nut
 
TX OMFS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
You can believe whatever you want. That doesn't make it right. Its not a disagreement on terms. This is not a discussion of theory or schools of thought. There is a right or wrong here, and an X any Y axis are right. An x axis only is incomplete data and hence, wrong. Unless you're trying to say that Ghandi and Ayn Rand are the same on the political scale, as well as George Bush Jr and Joseph Stalin.

I encourage you to take that political compass test and see where you fit on both your social and economic issues.
I hear what you're saying but you're just wrong on the political philosophy and you're wrong about algebra.
__________________
“Men do not differ much about what things they call evils; they differ enormously about what evils they will call excusable.” - G. K. Chesterton
TX OMFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:09   #145
IvanVic
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce H View Post
When they go about the ruining the place I live in and call home because of their own short sighted stupidity, hell yes.
And the government after them might feel the same way about you. "Killing everyone I disagree with" isn't a political philosophy, it's called being a homicidal maniac.
IvanVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:44   #146
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Caught in the Middle
Posts: 42,657


Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanVic View Post
And the government after them might feel the same way about you. "Killing everyone I disagree with" isn't a political philosophy, it's called being a homicidal maniac.
Who said anything about killing people they disagree with?

Someone said something about killing commies and socialists. Dead commies save lives.
__________________
“If Thomas Jefferson thought taxation without representation was bad, he should see how it is WITH representation.”

Rush Limbaugh

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 02-19-2013 at 06:44..
certifiedfunds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:47   #147
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Caught in the Middle
Posts: 42,657


Quote:
Originally Posted by TX OMFS View Post
I hear what you're saying but you're just wrong on the political philosophy and you're wrong about algebra.
No, no, no, he found an online political compass test.
__________________
“If Thomas Jefferson thought taxation without representation was bad, he should see how it is WITH representation.”

Rush Limbaugh
certifiedfunds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:13   #148
Bruce H
Senior Member
 
Bruce H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: missouri
Posts: 4,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanVic View Post
And the government after them might feel the same way about you. "Killing everyone I disagree with" isn't a political philosophy, it's called being a homicidal maniac.
Homicidal maniacs aren't into philosophy, they are into killing because they like it. Try to stay focused. We are discussing fixing what is wrong with the United States. Freeloading give me give me parasites and their treasury raiding elected scum are the points of discussion.
__________________
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Bruce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:02   #149
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.
 
series1811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Retired, but not expired.
Posts: 14,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanVic View Post
And the government after them might feel the same way about you. "Killing everyone I disagree with" isn't a political philosophy, it's called being a homicidal maniac.
Is it really worse to kill people you disagree with politically, than to kill unborn babies because it is inconvienent to have them and raise them?

Given those two choices, I say killing people who disagree with me makes more sense.
__________________
I sure miss the country I grew up in.
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:05   #150
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.
 
series1811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Retired, but not expired.
Posts: 14,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanVic View Post
I wouldn't want to live in any country where a group of people has free reign to round up and execute people that have different political views than they do. Christ, if you think that has ever been what America is about, I don't know what to tell you.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Do you realize that killing people because of their different political views is what every war we have been involved in, including the Civil War, was about?
__________________
I sure miss the country I grew up in.
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:14   #151
Skyhook
Senior Member
 
Skyhook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 22,531
Send a message via Yahoo to Skyhook


Originally Posted by IvanVic View Post
"And the government after them might feel the same way about you. "Killing everyone I disagree with" isn't a political philosophy, it's called being a homicidal maniac."


Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Who said anything about killing people they disagree with?

Someone said something about killing commies and socialists. Dead commies save lives.
Some of our more liberal, agenda-driven friends love the art of misquoting and inserting words like 'all', 'every' to make a point. Nice old radical, fanatical technique.
__________________
Life member: LEAA, NYSPRA, GOA, JPFO, Endowment Member NRA, NRA Legion of Honor
***********
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Skyhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:27   #152
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
You know, the "Ghandi VS Stalin" type graphs are amusing because, in several cases, they leave out a factor that is more important than what they represent.

They show various leaders as we know them to be after they were elected/assumed power/staged a junta, what ever means.

What the graphs should show, to have relevance to politics, is what they PROMISED the people BEFORE they assumed power. Knowing what they did after obtaining power is somewhat less important than understanding what the people THOUGHT they were getting.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:31   #153
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Caught in the Middle
Posts: 42,657


Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
You know, the "Ghandi VS Stalin" type graphs are amusing because, in several cases, they leave out a factor that is more important than what they represent.

They show various leaders as we know them to be after they were elected/assumed power/staged a junta, what ever means.

What the graphs should show, to have relevance to politics, is what they PROMISED the people BEFORE they assumed power. Knowing what they did after obtaining power is somewhat less important than understanding what the people THOUGHT they were getting.
Like Reagan


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
“If Thomas Jefferson thought taxation without representation was bad, he should see how it is WITH representation.”

Rush Limbaugh
certifiedfunds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:58   #154
John Rambo
Raven
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 9,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
You know, the "Ghandi VS Stalin" type graphs are amusing because, in several cases, they leave out a factor that is more important than what they represent.

They show various leaders as we know them to be after they were elected/assumed power/staged a junta, what ever means.

What the graphs should show, to have relevance to politics, is what they PROMISED the people BEFORE they assumed power. Knowing what they did after obtaining power is somewhat less important than understanding what the people THOUGHT they were getting.
So make another, based on what they SAID they would do. Then set it next to the original, add a Z axis, and you can quantify how much of liars they were by connecting their dots.
John Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 13:25   #155
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
So make another, based on what they SAID they would do. Then set it next to the original, add a Z axis, and you can quantify how much of liars they were by connecting their dots.
I was thinking of the, I thought rather obvious, comparison between what people thought they were going to get versus what they did get as a predictor of the promises that engender support and what believing in those promises actually ends up delivering
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 13:46   #156
Stang_Man
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 948
Extremely strict welfare and disability qualifiers.

Every able bodied human being would work, whether it's picking up trash on the side of the road of scrubbing toilets in goverment buildings.
__________________
1989 Mustang GT: 331, full suspension
Stang_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 13:56   #157
rppnj
Senior Member
 
rppnj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 527
1. Impeach/remove hussein from office for not abiding by his oath to uphold the Constitution/Bill-of-Rights

2. Impeach/remove from office any/all federal/state judges/congressmen/senators/legislators who do not uphold the Constitution/Bill-of-Rights

3. Overturn the hussein-care health-care bill

4. Strip the federal reserve of all regulatory power

5. Impose a flat 10% income tax...no exceptions

6. CLOSE the border with mexico with troops, deport ALL illegal aliens immediately and remove ALL benefits now provided to illegal aliens until they can all be deported. Kids of illegals born here will NOT be granted citizenship (retroactively).

7. Rescind affirmative action now...hiring should be based upon merit alone

8. Welfare recipients must work or perform community service for their benefits. Welfare recipients would 'man' the child-care facilities for other welfare recipients with kids

If I think of anything else, I'll update my post.
__________________
'Life is tough...it's even tougher if you're stupid!'
-John Wayne

'Integrity is who you are and what you do when no one is watching.'
-rppnj
rppnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 14:27   #158
Skyhook
Senior Member
 
Skyhook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 22,531
Send a message via Yahoo to Skyhook


Quote:
Originally Posted by rppnj View Post
1. Impeach/remove hussein from office for not abiding by his oath to uphold the Constitution/Bill-of-Rights

2. Impeach/remove from office any/all federal/state judges/congressmen/senators/legislators who do not uphold the Constitution/Bill-of-Rights

3. Overturn the hussein-care health-care bill

4. Strip the federal reserve of all regulatory power

5. Impose a flat 10% income tax...no exceptions

6. CLOSE the border with mexico with troops, deport ALL illegal aliens immediately and remove ALL benefits now provided to illegal aliens until they can all be deported. Kids of illegals born here will NOT be granted citizenship (retroactively).

7. Rescind affirmative action now...hiring should be based upon merit alone

8. Welfare recipients must work or perform community service for their benefits. Welfare recipients would 'man' the child-care facilities for other welfare recipients with kids

If I think of anything else, I'll update my post.
Now, that I'd call a prescription to remedy this death sentence!

Can't wait until we get that 'update'.
__________________
Life member: LEAA, NYSPRA, GOA, JPFO, Endowment Member NRA, NRA Legion of Honor
***********
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Skyhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 15:21   #159
John Rambo
Raven
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 9,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
I was thinking of the, I thought rather obvious, comparison between what people thought they were going to get versus what they did get as a predictor of the promises that engender support and what believing in those promises actually ends up delivering
Theres no realistic way to quantify that.
John Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 15:46   #160
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
Theres no realistic way to quantify that.
"Aye, there's the rub...." as the Bard said.

The effect is real and the results are real, but sadly ignored because people can't put them on their little charts and therefore validate them to their fellow chart readers.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:25.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 726
184 Members
542 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31