GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 12:53   #81
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
I voted for that candidate with full knowledge that Republicans would keep the House. I mentioned in many posts before the election that that was an important part of my decision. I voted based on the totality of the makeup of the government. It was a vote based on creating the most possible gridlock and conflict in government. It appears to be working pretty well so far, although the Republicans have the appearance right now of being willing to bend over a little more often than even I though they would. However, I'm still hopeful it's just a ploy.
So, you decided to let the baby play with the lighter and the gasoline because you thought there was a fire extinguisher in the closet?

Just freaking brilliant

countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:55   #82
Gundude
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 6,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
So, you decided to let the baby play with the lighter and the gasoline because you thought there was a fire extinguisher in the closet?

Just freaking brilliant

Candidate for the dumbest analogy ever.

Republicans aren't the fire extinguisher. Republicans are capable of just as bad government as Democrats. 2001-2007 proved that beyond any doubt. It's playing it safe to make them fight each other, not playing with fire.
Gundude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 13:16   #83
whoflungdo
Senior Member
 
whoflungdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: MS
Posts: 6,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
Candidate for the dumbest analogy ever.

Republicans aren't the fire extinguisher. Republicans are capable of just as bad government as Democrats. 2001-2007 proved that beyond any doubt. It's playing it safe to make them fight each other, not playing with fire.
Voting for someone that wants to take away your 2A rights that you supposedly hold dear is the definition of playing with fire.

Your supposed gridlock stands the chance of changing in the midterms especially with the anti-2A legislation held over their head as a hammer...

What will be your excuse then? How will you blame the Republicans then? Take responsibility for your own actions. Man up and say you are getting what you voted for when you voted for Obama.
__________________

GTDS Certified Member #9
whoflungdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 13:22   #84
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
Candidate for the dumbest analogy ever.

Republicans aren't the fire extinguisher. Republicans are capable of just as bad government as Democrats. 2001-2007 proved that beyond any doubt. It's playing it safe to make them fight each other, not playing with fire.
This coming from someone who thinks voting for a known Second Amendment hater is the best way to protect gun rights?

I take your derision of my analogy as compliment in light of the logic you show.

Thank You

countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 16:10   #85
hogfish
Señor Member
 
hogfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: fl
Posts: 4,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
Candidate for the dumbest analogy ever.

Republicans aren't the fire extinguisher. Republicans are capable of just as bad government as Democrats. 2001-2007 proved that beyond any doubt. It's playing it safe to make them fight each other, not playing with fire.
Hmmm...I don't know about that. I'm sure there's a really good explanation somewhere. Do you have a really big fire extinguisher handy?
__________________
Opinions are like noses...everybody's got one.

"Almost no matter the question, capitalism and freedom are the answers, while government and religion are not." Syclone538
hogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 20:03   #86
Gundude
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 6,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoflungdo View Post
Voting for someone that wants to take away your 2A rights that you supposedly hold dear is the definition of playing with fire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
This coming from someone who thinks voting for a known Second Amendment hater is the best way to protect gun rights?
Assuming you both voted for Romney, you both also voted for a known Second Amendment hater. Just because you'll never admit it to yourselves doesn't make it any less true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoflungdo View Post
Your supposed gridlock stands the chance of changing in the midterms especially with the anti-2A legislation held over their head as a hammer...
The House has never switched to the party of the sitting President at midterms. The reasons for that are obvious. If the Republicans become the first to do that, they truly are pathetic creatures. It was not reasonable at the time to think their thirst for defeat would have them losing the House at midterms. Such heights of loserdom are unprecedented.
Gundude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 22:03   #87
whoflungdo
Senior Member
 
whoflungdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: MS
Posts: 6,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
Assuming you both voted for Romney, you both also voted for a known Second Amendment hater. Just because you'll never admit it to yourselves doesn't make it any less true.

The House has never switched to the party of the sitting President at midterms. The reasons for that are obvious. If the Republicans become the first to do that, they truly are pathetic creatures. It was not reasonable at the time to think their thirst for defeat would have them losing the House at midterms. Such heights of loserdom are unprecedented.
Keep being the good little democrat and blaming someone else for your choices. I didn't know the fire was hot mom or else I wouldn't keep sticking my hand in there.
__________________

GTDS Certified Member #9
whoflungdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 22:16   #88
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 11,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambo View Post
So why didn't he win the nomination in 2008 or 2012?
I suppose it's because you guys listened to the MSM. Do you think that was a good idea?

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/...-my-questions/


Quote:
Amber Lyon is an award-winning journalist who worked for CNN. She says she was ordered to report fake stories, delete unfriendly stories adverse to the Obama administration (like the Nick Robertson report), and construct stories in specific manners while working for the left-wing network.
CNN is paid by foreign and domestic Government agencies for specific content.
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 23:31   #89
TX OMFS
Right wing nut
 
TX OMFS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon View Post
I suppose it's because you guys listened to the MSM. Do you think that was a good idea?

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/...-my-questions/
RP wasn't nominated for the same reason Honey Boo-boo's mom isn't going to win Miss America. Even if RP didn't have so many crazy ideas he doesn't fit the mold. The presidential race is a popularity contest as much as a battle over issues. RP sits at the nerd table while Obama bangs all the cheerleaders. Romney was like the captain of the soccer team...just not quite cool enough.
__________________
Bad decisions make good stories.
TX OMFS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 23:32   #90
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 41,165


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
I voted for that candidate with full knowledge that Republicans would keep the House. I mentioned in many posts before the election that that was an important part of my decision. I voted based on the totality of the makeup of the government. It was a vote based on creating the most possible gridlock and conflict in government. It appears to be working pretty well so far, although the Republicans have the appearance right now of being willing to bend over a little more often than even I though they would. However, I'm still hopeful it's just a ploy.
Excellent strategy except that we can't count on the Republicans to keep their pants up.

Debt ceiling debate is coming again. Many forget that the Republicans negotiated the "fiscal cliff" and raised the debt ceiling -- when they didn't have to negotiate at all.
certifiedfunds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 23:32   #91
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 41,165


Quote:
Originally Posted by TX OMFS View Post
RP wasn't nominated for the same reason Honey Boo-boo's mom isn't going to win Miss America. Even if RP didn't have so many crazy ideas he doesn't fit the mold. The presidential race is a popularity contest as much as a battle over issues. RP sits at the nerd table while Obama bangs all the cheerleaders. Romney was like the captain of the soccer team...just not quite cool enough.
male cheerleaders?
certifiedfunds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 23:35   #92
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 41,165


Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
This coming from someone who thinks voting for a known Second Amendment hater is the best way to protect gun rights?

I take your derision of my analogy as compliment in light of the logic you show.

Thank You

Romney authored Obamacare and signed an AWB as governor. Watching you folks defend the Republican candidate is like watching my 5 year old tell me she didn't eat the cookie with crumbs on her shirt.
certifiedfunds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 23:43   #93
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
Assuming you both voted for Romney, you both also voted for a known Second Amendment hater. Just because you'll never admit it to yourselves doesn't make it any less true.

The House has never switched to the party of the sitting President at midterms. The reasons for that are obvious. If the Republicans become the first to do that, they truly are pathetic creatures. It was not reasonable at the time to think their thirst for defeat would have them losing the House at midterms. Such heights of loserdom are unprecedented.
Don't you just love it when you make a good point like that and the best someone can come back with is childish crap like this,

"Keep being the good little democrat and blaming someone else for your choices. I didn't know the fire was hot mom or else I wouldn't keep sticking my hand in there."

That's how you know you're winning. They're all just a bunch of babies mad that their political views are dying out and looking for anyone but their own party's tactics to blame. Keep up the good work and don't let the moron echo chamber get to you. I'm still looking for something I disagree with you on and so far I'm not seeing it.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:34   #94
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 11,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX OMFS View Post
RP wasn't nominated for the same reason Honey Boo-boo's mom isn't going to win Miss America. Even if RP didn't have so many crazy ideas he doesn't fit the mold. The presidential race is a popularity contest as much as a battle over issues. RP sits at the nerd table while Obama bangs all the cheerleaders. Romney was like the captain of the soccer team...just not quite cool enough.
Yeah, whatever. You're easily fooled and will be again.
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:06   #95
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.
 
series1811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Retired, but not expired.
Posts: 14,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
Candidate for the dumbest analogy ever.

Dumb acts begat dumb analogies.
__________________
I sure miss the country I grew up in.
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:11   #96
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.
 
series1811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Retired, but not expired.
Posts: 14,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
That's how you know you're winning. They're all just a bunch of babies mad that their political views are dying out.
More like mad that our country is dying out.

There are plenty of places left in the world of the type you want to live in, there aren't that many left like we like living in.

Besides, you guys need us. Somebody has to pay for your liberal utopia. You don't want to make us all so mad we become like you.
__________________
I sure miss the country I grew up in.
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:16   #97
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 41,165


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Don't you just love it when you make a good point like that and the best someone can come back with is childish crap like this,

"Keep being the good little democrat and blaming someone else for your choices. I didn't know the fire was hot mom or else I wouldn't keep sticking my hand in there."

That's how you know you're winning. They're all just a bunch of babies mad that their political views are dying out and looking for anyone but their own party's tactics to blame. Keep up the good work and don't let the moron echo chamber get to you. I'm still looking for something I disagree with you on and so far I'm not seeing it.
There are places like North Korea, Cuba and the UK where your political views have prevailed. Have you considered moving? You could probably get a gig teaching economics there.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
certifiedfunds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:36   #98
whoflungdo
Senior Member
 
whoflungdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: MS
Posts: 6,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Don't you just love it when you make a good point like that and the best someone can come back with is childish crap like this,

"Keep being the good little democrat and blaming someone else for your choices. I didn't know the fire was hot mom or else I wouldn't keep sticking my hand in there."

That's how you know you're winning. They're all just a bunch of babies mad that their political views are dying out and looking for anyone but their own party's tactics to blame. Keep up the good work and don't let the moron echo chamber get to you. I'm still looking for something I disagree with you on and so far I'm not seeing it.
Nice to see you ventured back into GTPI after hiding out in GTRI.
__________________

GTDS Certified Member #9
whoflungdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:57   #99
Gundude
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 6,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
More like mad that our country is dying out.

There are plenty of places left in the world of the type you want to live in, there aren't that many left like we like living in.
Did you ever consider the party you're backing is not the one who will keep this country a place you like living in?

What do Republicans represent, in reality?

Fiscal responsibility? Not by a long shot.
Sovereignty and border security? Hell no.
Individual freedom? Don't make me laugh.
Capitalism? Nope. (subsidies, favoritism, corporate welfare, big government)
Tax reform? Not of any significance.
RKBA: Maybe. We'll see shortly.

Are the Democrats any better? No, but your post implies that you're actually trying to keep the country a place you'd like to live by supporting Republicans. That's like having a Coke and a Pepsi in front of you and saying you'll drink the Pepsi because the Coke is so unhealthy for you. Even if you have no choice but to drink one of them, you can at least stop deluding yourself into thinkng the one you're picking is better for you.

So be a Republican, but don't pretend that doing so will save this country. Actions have consequences, and what the Republicans did in 2001-2007 (and since) absolutely demolished any confidence people had that they can do what you say they can do. Without the confidence of the people, all they can do is keep feeding at the trough like the Democrats do and stuff everything they can in their pockets before their inevitable demise.

You can whine about how the Democrats are worse, but that doesn't make the country a place you want to live in. At least be honest about what you're accomplishing with your partisanship.

Last edited by Gundude; 02-20-2013 at 09:58..
Gundude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:02   #100
whoflungdo
Senior Member
 
whoflungdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: MS
Posts: 6,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
Did you ever consider the party you're backing is not the one who will keep this country a place you like living in?

What do Republicans represent, in reality?

Fiscal responsibility? Not by a long shot.
Sovereignty and border security? Hell no.
Individual freedom? Don't make me laugh.
Capitalism? Nope. (subsidies, favoritism, corporate welfare, big government)
Tax reform? Not of any significance.
RKBA: Maybe. We'll see shortly.

Are the Democrats any better? No, but your post implies that you're actually trying to keep the country a place you'd like to live by supporting Republicans. That's like having a Coke and a Pepsi in front of you and saying you'll drink the Pepsi because the Coke is so unhealthy for you. Even if you have no choice but to drink one of them, you can at least stop deluding yourself into thinkng the one you're picking is better for you.

So be a Republican, but don't pretend that doing so will save this country. Actions have consequences, and what the Republicans did in 2001-2007 (and since) absolutely demolished any confidence people had that they can do what you say they can do. Without the confidence of the people, all they can do is keep feeding at the trough like the Democrats do and stuff everything they can in their pockets before their inevitable demise.

You can whine about how the Democrats are worse, but that doesn't make the country a place you want to live in. At least be honest about what you're accomplishing with your partisanship.
Again with the hypocrisy. Why are you always dispensing advice you are unwilling to take? Start practicing what you preach..
__________________

GTDS Certified Member #9
whoflungdo is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:28.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,122
325 Members
797 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 16:42