GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 19:13   #21
Ruggles
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tejas
Posts: 9,488
Like I posted earlier I want to go with a 1x4 instead of the 3x9 on my 6.8 AR. Thinking of this one:

http://hi-luxoptics.com/product/rifl...es/cmr-series/

DVOR has them for $299 right now which seems to be a good price.

Any input?
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 19:14   #22
AK_Stick
AAAMAD
 
AK_Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Alaska, again (for now)
Posts: 20,850
Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
My two have a 10X Leupold MK4( what I had at the time) and a Leupold Patrol 1.25-4.


I wouldn't advise a scope more than 3-9 on a 6.8, as it really isn't capable of outshooting that magnification. And I doubt most shooters, actually put anything more than 10x to real use.
__________________
Quote:
Thomas Paine:

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 19:18   #23
AK_Stick
AAAMAD
 
AK_Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Alaska, again (for now)
Posts: 20,850
Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodenPlank View Post
Actually, from playing around the Mod 1 I got, I can see how the dot would be useful in bright conditions, especially at 1.5x, as you can shoot it closer to a red dot sight. Plus, if you are in bright conditions shooting against a dark target, the center green dot can help pick it out.

Not sure if anyone is offering custom turrets to fit the Mod 1's yet, but you can always just have a dope chart for holds or click adjustments.

I really like my firedot. And you can use the dot very well even during daylight.


My next hunting rifle, will most likely wear a 3-9 Firedot as its primary scope.
__________________
Quote:
Thomas Paine:

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 19:30   #24
WoodenPlank
Who?
 
WoodenPlank's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NW Florida
Posts: 7,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
Like I posted earlier I want to go with a 1x4 instead of the 3x9 on my 6.8 AR. Thinking of this one:

http://hi-luxoptics.com/product/rifl...es/cmr-series/

DVOR has them for $299 right now which seems to be a good price.

Any input?
For $299, you can get the Mark AR Mod 1 with duplex reticle. If that's your strict budget, that would be my choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
I really like my firedot. And you can use the dot very well even during daylight.


My next hunting rifle, will most likely wear a 3-9 Firedot as its primary scope.
Yeah, I've already had an idea to pick up a 3-9x Mod 1 with the Firedot-G TMR reticle for either a future 18/20" barrel build, or just as a longer optic for my 16".
__________________
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
WoodenPlank is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 20:26.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,138
322 Members
816 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31