GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 19:32   #1
lethal tupperwa
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Virginia
Posts: 11,244


AARP from an email going around again

I dropped my membership when AARP supported Obama care.




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------









SHRINKING AARP IS LOSING PLENTY OF SENIORS...AARP'S FALL FROM GRACE.
THE LADY THAT WROTE THIS LETTER, NOT ONLY HAS A GRASP OF ‘THE SITUATION’ BUT AN INCREDIBLE COMMAND OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE!



Her letter was sent to Mr. Rand who is the Executive Director of AARP. It only takes a few days on the Internet and this will have reached 75% of the public in the USA ..
Dear Mr. Rand,

Recently you sent us a letter encouraging us to renew our lapsed membership in AARP by the requested date. This isn't what you were looking for, but it's is the most honest response I can give you. Our coverage gap is a microscopic symptom of the real problem, a deepening lack of faith. While we have proudly maintained our membership for years and long admired the AARP goals and principles, regrettably, we can no longer endorse its abdication of our values. Your letter stated that we can count on AARP to speak up for our rights, yet the voice we hear is not ours.

Your offer of being kept up to date on important issues through DIVIDED WE FAIL presents neither an impartial view nor the one we have come to embrace. We do believe that when two parties agree all the time on everything presented to them, one is probably not necessary. But, when the opinions and long term goals are diametrically opposed, the divorce is imminent. This is the philosophy which spawned our 200 years of government.

Once upon a time, we looked forward to being part of the senior demographic. We also looked to AARP to provide certain benefits and give our voice a power we could not possibly hope to achieve on our own. AARP once gave us a sense of belonging which we no longer enjoy. The Socialist politics practiced by the Obama Regime and empowered by AARP serves only to raise the blood pressure my medical insurance strives to contain. Clearly a conflict of interest there! We do not understand the AARP posture, feel greatly betrayed by the guiding forces that we expected to map out our senior years and leave your ranks with a great sense of regret. We mitigate that disappointment with the relief of knowing that we are not contributing to the problem anymore by renewing our membership. There are numerous other organizations which offer discounts without threatening our way of life or offending our sensibilities and values.

This Obama Regime scares the living daylights out of us. Not just for ourselves, but for our proud and bloodstained heritage. But more importantly for our children and grandchildren. Washington has rendered Soylent Green a prophetic cautionary tale rather than a nonfiction scare tactic. I have never endorsed any militant or radical groups, yet now I find myself listening to them. I don't have to agree with them to appreciate the fear which birthed their existence. Their borderline insanity presents little more than a balance to the voice of the Socialist Mindset in power. Perhaps I became American by a great stroke of luck in some cosmic uterine lottery, but in my adulthood I CHOOSE to embrace it and nurture the freedoms it represents as well as the responsibilities.

Your web site generously offers us the opportunity to receive all communication in Spanish. ARE YOU KIDDING??? The illegal perpetrators have broken into our 'house', invaded our home without invitation or consent. The President insists we keep these illegal perpetrators in comfort and learn the perpetrator's language so we can communicate our reluctant welcome to them. I DON'T choose to welcome them, to support them, to educate them, to medicate them, or to pay for their food or clothing. American home invaders get arrested Please explain to me why foreign lawbreakers can enjoy privileges on American soil that Americans do not get? Why do some immigrants have to play the game to be welcomed and others only have to break and enter to be welcomed?

We travel for a living. Walt hauls horses all over this great country, averaging over 10,000 miles a month when he is out there. He meets more people than a politician on caffeine overdose. Of all the many good folks he enjoyed on this last 10,000 miles, this trip yielded only ONE supporter of the current Regime. One of us is out of touch with mainstream America. Since our poll is conducted without funding, I have more faith in it than ones that are driven by a need to yield AMNESTY (aka-make voters out of the foreign lawbreakers so they can vote to continue the government's free handouts). This addition of 10 to 20 million voters who then will vote to continue Socialism will OVERWHELM our votes to control the government's free handouts. It is a "slippery slope" we must not embark on!

As Margaret Thatcher (former Prime Minister of Great Britain) once said "Socialism is GREAT - UNTIL you run out of other people's money".

We have decided to forward this to everyone on our mailing list, and will encourage them to do the same. With several hundred in my address book, I have every faith that the eventual exponential factor will make a credible statement to you. I am disappointed as all get out! I am more scared than I have ever been in my entire life! I am ANGRY! I am MAD as heck, and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!

Walt & Cyndy Miller,
Miller Farms Equine Transport

KEEP THIS MOVING.

...In internet lingo: If enough people pass this on it will go viral
__________________
Correctional and Therapeutic Mayhem Administrator EMERITUS

----------------------------------------

GLOCK CERTIFIED ARMORER
lethal tupperwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 21:38   #2
Guss
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tampa
Posts: 2,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by lethal tupperwa View Post
I dropped my membership when AARP supported Obama care.
...
Judging from the last Presidential vote, you must have dropped a lot of friends too. Bring on the health care!
Guss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 21:40   #3
Gunnut 45/454
Senior Member
 
Gunnut 45/454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 14,039
Yep burned the application they sent me on my 50th!
__________________
Gunnut45/454-One shot one kill!
Gunnut 45/454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 21:47   #4
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,702


Quote:
Originally Posted by lethal tupperwa View Post
I dropped my membership when AARP supported Obama care.




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------









SHRINKING AARP IS LOSING PLENTY OF SENIORS...AARP'S FALL FROM GRACE.
THE LADY THAT WROTE THIS LETTER, NOT ONLY HAS A GRASP OF ‘THE SITUATION’ BUT AN INCREDIBLE COMMAND OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE!



Her letter was sent to Mr. Rand who is the Executive Director of AARP. It only takes a few days on the Internet and this will have reached 75% of the public in the USA ..
Dear Mr. Rand,

Recently you sent us a letter encouraging us to renew our lapsed membership in AARP by the requested date. This isn't what you were looking for, but it's is the most honest response I can give you. Our coverage gap is a microscopic symptom of the real problem, a deepening lack of faith. While we have proudly maintained our membership for years and long admired the AARP goals and principles, regrettably, we can no longer endorse its abdication of our values. Your letter stated that we can count on AARP to speak up for our rights, yet the voice we hear is not ours.

Your offer of being kept up to date on important issues through DIVIDED WE FAIL presents neither an impartial view nor the one we have come to embrace. We do believe that when two parties agree all the time on everything presented to them, one is probably not necessary. But, when the opinions and long term goals are diametrically opposed, the divorce is imminent. This is the philosophy which spawned our 200 years of government.

Once upon a time, we looked forward to being part of the senior demographic. We also looked to AARP to provide certain benefits and give our voice a power we could not possibly hope to achieve on our own. AARP once gave us a sense of belonging which we no longer enjoy. The Socialist politics practiced by the Obama Regime and empowered by AARP serves only to raise the blood pressure my medical insurance strives to contain. Clearly a conflict of interest there! We do not understand the AARP posture, feel greatly betrayed by the guiding forces that we expected to map out our senior years and leave your ranks with a great sense of regret. We mitigate that disappointment with the relief of knowing that we are not contributing to the problem anymore by renewing our membership. There are numerous other organizations which offer discounts without threatening our way of life or offending our sensibilities and values.

This Obama Regime scares the living daylights out of us. Not just for ourselves, but for our proud and bloodstained heritage. But more importantly for our children and grandchildren. Washington has rendered Soylent Green a prophetic cautionary tale rather than a nonfiction scare tactic. I have never endorsed any militant or radical groups, yet now I find myself listening to them. I don't have to agree with them to appreciate the fear which birthed their existence. Their borderline insanity presents little more than a balance to the voice of the Socialist Mindset in power. Perhaps I became American by a great stroke of luck in some cosmic uterine lottery, but in my adulthood I CHOOSE to embrace it and nurture the freedoms it represents as well as the responsibilities.

Your web site generously offers us the opportunity to receive all communication in Spanish. ARE YOU KIDDING??? The illegal perpetrators have broken into our 'house', invaded our home without invitation or consent. The President insists we keep these illegal perpetrators in comfort and learn the perpetrator's language so we can communicate our reluctant welcome to them. I DON'T choose to welcome them, to support them, to educate them, to medicate them, or to pay for their food or clothing. American home invaders get arrested Please explain to me why foreign lawbreakers can enjoy privileges on American soil that Americans do not get? Why do some immigrants have to play the game to be welcomed and others only have to break and enter to be welcomed?

We travel for a living. Walt hauls horses all over this great country, averaging over 10,000 miles a month when he is out there. He meets more people than a politician on caffeine overdose. Of all the many good folks he enjoyed on this last 10,000 miles, this trip yielded only ONE supporter of the current Regime. One of us is out of touch with mainstream America. Since our poll is conducted without funding, I have more faith in it than ones that are driven by a need to yield AMNESTY (aka-make voters out of the foreign lawbreakers so they can vote to continue the government's free handouts). This addition of 10 to 20 million voters who then will vote to continue Socialism will OVERWHELM our votes to control the government's free handouts. It is a "slippery slope" we must not embark on!

As Margaret Thatcher (former Prime Minister of Great Britain) once said "Socialism is GREAT - UNTIL you run out of other people's money".

We have decided to forward this to everyone on our mailing list, and will encourage them to do the same. With several hundred in my address book, I have every faith that the eventual exponential factor will make a credible statement to you. I am disappointed as all get out! I am more scared than I have ever been in my entire life! I am ANGRY! I am MAD as heck, and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!

Walt & Cyndy Miller,
Miller Farms Equine Transport

KEEP THIS MOVING.

...In internet lingo: If enough people pass this on it will go viral
She's quoting thatcher about socialism and running out of other people's money?? Will she be dropping social security and Medicare too?

I guess some socialism is ok with her but other socialism isn't. She feels entitled to other people's money sometimes but not others?

The woman is a hypocrite


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 02-20-2013 at 22:02..
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 21:48   #5
AsSeenOnTV
Senior Member
 
AsSeenOnTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: A liddo Northwest of you.....
Posts: 221
I stuff all my junk mail postage paid envelopes and send them back so they waste good money on postage. Eventually they get the message.
AsSeenOnTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:00   #6
EOS
Senior Member
 
EOS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
She's quoting thatcher about socialism and running out of other people's money?? Will she be dropping social security and Medicare too?

I guess some socialism is ok with her but other socialism isn't. She feels entitled to other people's money sometimes but not others?

The woman is a hypocrite


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire


Exactly.

I'm 25 years old. Every time I make money, I have a portion of it stolen so baby boomers can have a house in Florida, a houseboat, an RV and visits to the doctor that they don't need. They grow in numbers exponentially every year and that bankrupts the system and essentially makes me pay into a system that I'll never see a dime from, nor would I want to, I don't need to rely on theft to retire.
__________________
If you can't trust people with freedom, how can you trust them with power?

Gay married couples should be able to defend their tax free pot fields with fully automatic, suppressed SBR AR-15s.....with 100 round Beta mags.

Last edited by EOS; 02-21-2013 at 03:05..
EOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:15   #7
JBnTX
None
 
JBnTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 13,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnemyOfTheState View Post
Exactly.

Every time I make money, I have a portion of it stolen so baby boomers can have a house in Florida, a houseboat, an RV and visits to the doctor that they don't need.
I don't think many baby boomers are buying houses in Florida, houseboats, RV's or are visiting the doctors on the pittance stolen from you.

All that stuff is bought with life savings that they worked their butts off for.

If they lived only on the pittance stolen from you, as you allude to, then it's more likely they're living in a dump, don't own any houseboats or RV's and can't afford to see a doctor.

Let's be realistic here.
They've been screwed by the system too.

Money was "stolen" from their paychecks too, and unfulfilled promises were made by the thieves that took it. Don't forget that.

They're not asking for, demanding or even expecting anything from you. They just want back what was stolen from them.

So lighten up on us baby boomers.

...And screw the AARP!
I called them on the phone and told them to quit sending me their crap.

..

Last edited by JBnTX; 02-21-2013 at 04:22..
JBnTX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:22   #8
pugman
Senior Member
 
pugman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 6,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnemyOfTheState View Post
I don't need to rely on theft to retire.
If you are 25, sadly I doubt you will ever retire; at least not in the fashion your and my parents are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
I don't think many baby boomers are buying houses in Florida, houseboats, RV's or are visiting the doctors on the pittance stolen from you...
I don't know what you do for a living but the hundreds of thousands of dollars stolen from me, my wife and my employer are hardly a pittance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
They've been screwed by the system too.
Please explain how money taken from my paycheck, which I know I will never see, compares to a BB who is receiving theirs-how are BB screwed?

How do I know I will never see my money-I can add. Medicare's $500 billion tab in 2010 will double by 2020. $1 trillion dollars is almost half what the fed's income was for 2010. I've seen the CBO's economic projection through 2022; they anticipate a 5% increase in overall revenue every year from 2014-2022. Medicare's expense alone is increasing at 7-8% a year. BTW, those years from 2014-2022 with revenue increases are budgeted to be deficits.

Social security will be insolvent by 2025. This isn't some tin foil hat conspiracy theory. My social security annual report clearly says the fund will be insolvent by then on the first page. I'm 43. This means BB's get their cash for the next 12 years while by the time I'm 55-no money for you. Social security is a pyramid scheme which was poorly designed and can't last. When SS was set up there were 33 people contributing to every 1 person drawing; at the time BB's started retiring it was 7 to 1 by the time the last of them start drawing its 4 to 1. Ironically, the last of the BB's probably won't see their any money either.

There is a distinct chance some or maybe many baby boomers won't see all their money; however, there is an ace up their sleeve EOTS and I don't have-BB's can vote to steal more money from us. As the U.S becomes more socialist, BB's will continue to vote to keep themselves afloat while sinking the rest of us.

Objectively, baby boomers will probably be the generation who financially breaks the country. Anyone who can read basic financial reports can clearly see this.

As for AARP-they can go **** themselves
__________________
Now when asked when I think things will change I answer "The next time Thomas (aka the fed) robs Peter (aka the 53%) to pay Paul (aka the 47%) and Peter pulls a gun...things will change"

Last edited by pugman; 02-21-2013 at 05:22..
pugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:38   #9
pipedreams
Member
 
pipedreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 2,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by lethal tupperwa View Post
I dropped my membership when AARP supported Obama care.

AARP has been leaning left for a long time. Don't forget they supported gun control back when Clinton was in office.

There are better senior organizations to join than AARP. I have been looking into joining the Amac organization since they tend to lean more to the conservative side. Does anyone belong to Amac?
http://amac.us/join-amac?campaign=Newsmax021513
__________________
NRA Patron Member
GOA Life Member


Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.
pipedreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:47   #10
lethal tupperwa
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Virginia
Posts: 11,244


dear stolen

I did not know that while living in moms basement and receiving welfare and food stamps they were taking vast sums from you.


I am truly sorry for your loss.

We will stop if you put the 600 billion back in the SS trust fund
that was used for you.

After PAYING IN for 50+ years I should get something!
__________________
Correctional and Therapeutic Mayhem Administrator EMERITUS

----------------------------------------

GLOCK CERTIFIED ARMORER

Last edited by lethal tupperwa; 02-21-2013 at 09:41..
lethal tupperwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:28   #11
JBnTX
None
 
JBnTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 13,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugman View Post
...

I don't know what you do for a living but the hundreds of thousands of dollars stolen from me, my wife and my employer are hardly a pittance.
Jesus H. Christ!

You must make millions of dollars a year or be very old to have had "hundreds of thousands" of social security deductions taken from you?
JBnTX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:02   #12
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,702


It's funny watching self described conservatives passionately turn socialist when their teet on the sow is threatened.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 02-21-2013 at 09:02..
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:07   #13
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,702


It's a pittance when it's stolen from me but YOU are DEFINITELY entitled to that welfare check


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:28   #14
JBnTX
None
 
JBnTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 13,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post

It's funny watching self described conservatives passionately turn socialist when their teet on the sow is threatened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
It's a pittance when it's stolen from me but YOU are DEFINITELY entitled to that welfare check
Maybe us baby boomers resent being blamed for the social security crisis. We didn't cause this mess and we certainly can't fix it.

I'm too young to get social security, but should I refuse to get it when I do become eligible in two years? I will if you will! I don't need the money.

I've never taken a welfare check. I would never accept such a demeaning insult to my personal integrity.

And I don't have a teet on the sow as you alluded to. I live comfortably on money that I've saved and invested all my life.

I do get a military retirement check. I'm still waiting for you libertarians to start bad mouthing military retirees, and lumping us in with the social security and welfare people.

Funny how you guys always stop just short of doing that.
Why is that?
JBnTX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:33   #15
pugman
Senior Member
 
pugman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 6,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Jesus H. Christ!

You must make millions of dollars a year or be very old to have had "hundreds of thousands" of social security deductions taken from you?
Genius.

This is over the course of my working career along with my wife's and employer contributions as I stated. If you would like, I can log into my social security account and get you an exact number.

All I hear from baby boomers is “I’ve paid in all my life and I want what’s mine.” I get this stance…I really do. Who doesn’t want back what was stolen from them? However, you getting yours now will mean I most likely won’t get any of mine later. The problem is most baby boomers seem well and fine with this.

Unfortunately for us, politicians and the federal government were allowed to “run” social security. It should have been simple…if you worked and put “X” dollars into social security and your employer put “Y” then you are allowed X+Y+interest in total payments minus any small administrative fees. Its shocking the social security administration has something like 70,000 employees - I could have run the entire program with a server (along with a backup), a database program and maybe a few hundred people to field calls.

What the average BB is either afraid to admit or can’t grasp is social security, Medicare, Medicaid, etc. is the government exerting control over you. I’ve known people who in their heart are conservatives but voted for Obama because he promised to “keep Social Security afloat.”
__________________
Now when asked when I think things will change I answer "The next time Thomas (aka the fed) robs Peter (aka the 53%) to pay Paul (aka the 47%) and Peter pulls a gun...things will change"
pugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:48   #16
John_NJ
Senior Member
 
John_NJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 358
Join AMAC - the 50+ organization without AARPs liberal, anti gun agenda.

They are the conservative antidote to AARP.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
Glock G19, 21, 22, 23, 26

Don’t respond to the stupidity of a fool; you’ll only look foolish yourself. Proverbs 26:4
John_NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:51   #17
JBnTX
None
 
JBnTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 13,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugman View Post
Genius.

This is over the course of my working career along with my wife's and employer contributions as I stated. If you would like, I can log into my social security account and get you an exact number.

All I hear from baby boomers is “I’ve paid in all my life and I want what’s mine.” I get this stance…I really do. Who doesn’t want back what was stolen from them? However, you getting yours now will mean I most likely won’t get any of mine later. The problem is most baby boomers seem well and fine with this.

Unfortunately for us, politicians and the federal government were allowed to “run” social security. It should have been simple…if you worked and put “X” dollars into social security and your employer put “Y” then you are allowed X+Y+interest in total payments minus any small administrative fees. Its shocking the social security administration has something like 70,000 employees - I could have run the entire program with a server (along with a backup), a database program and maybe a few hundred people to field calls.

What the average BB is either afraid to admit or can’t grasp is social security, Medicare, Medicaid, etc. is the government exerting control over you. I’ve known people who in their heart are conservatives but voted for Obama because he promised to “keep Social Security afloat.”

When you get old enough are you going to get social security?

That question assumes that nothing will change between now and your retirement date, so don't start yaking about how the system is doomed to failure and answer the question.

Will you take the money when you get old enough?

..

Last edited by JBnTX; 02-21-2013 at 09:52..
JBnTX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:07   #18
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,702


No. Don't want it

I'm not a socialist. I'm not a thief. I want the best for my kids and grandkids.

I have principles and morals


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 02-21-2013 at 10:09..
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:11   #19
JBnTX
None
 
JBnTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 13,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
No. Don't want it

I'm not a socialist. I'm not a thief. I want the best for my kids and grandkids.

I have principles and morals
Same here.

But I do understand why someone who has paid into the system all their life would expect to get something out of it.

I don't fault them for that or place the blame for this mess on them,
as you and others constantly do.

..

Last edited by JBnTX; 02-21-2013 at 10:16..
JBnTX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:14   #20
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,702


Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Same here.
You won't take it?


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:20   #21
F350
Senior Member
 
F350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Colorado Western Slope
Posts: 1,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnut 45/454 View Post
Yep burned the application they sent me on my 50th!
The ones I got/get have a prepaid return envelope, I stuck # 7 1/2 shot on a piece of duct tape the size of the envelope and sent it back with a simple large type message "F____ Y__".
F350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:23   #22
Wake_jumper
Senior Member
 
Wake_jumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 1,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
I don't think many baby boomers are buying houses in Florida, houseboats, RV's or are visiting the doctors on the pittance stolen from you.

All that stuff is bought with life savings that they worked their butts off for.

If they lived only on the pittance stolen from you, as you allude to, then it's more likely they're living in a dump, don't own any houseboats or RV's and can't afford to see a doctor.

Let's be realistic here.
They've been screwed by the system too.

Money was "stolen" from their paychecks too, and unfulfilled promises were made by the thieves that took it. Don't forget that.

They're not asking for, demanding or even expecting anything from you. They just want back what was stolen from them.

So lighten up on us baby boomers.

...And screw the AARP!
I called them on the phone and told them to quit sending me their crap.

..
Well said, bravo!

My parents paid in the maximum to SS all their working lives. They receive a whopping $1800.00 each month.
Wake_jumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:27   #23
F350
Senior Member
 
F350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Colorado Western Slope
Posts: 1,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
She's quoting thatcher about socialism and running out of other people's money?? Will she be dropping social security and Medicare too?

I guess some socialism is ok with her but other socialism isn't. She feels entitled to other people's money sometimes but not others?

The woman is a hypocrite


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Perhaps after being forced at gun point to contribute to SS and denied the opportunity to take that money and make a REAL investment for retirement they just want to get their money back!!! If I am FORCED to help pay for the band; damned straight I'm gonna dance!!!!

Is that all you have liberal!!
F350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:59   #24
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,702


Quote:
Originally Posted by F350 View Post
Perhaps after being forced at gun point to contribute to SS and denied the opportunity to take that money and make a REAL investment for retirement they just want to get their money back!!! If I am FORCED to help pay for the band; damned straight I'm gonna dance!!!!

Is that all you have liberal!!
If they were getting their money back I would agree with you. Instead they support the government turning the gun on their kids and grandkids to take money from them. That despicable.

Me liberal? You're the one defending socialism and wealth redistribution. Check your underwear. It might be pink.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:00   #25
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,702


Quote:
Originally Posted by F350 View Post
The ones I got/get have a prepaid return envelope, I stuck # 7 1/2 shot on a piece of duct tape the size of the envelope and sent it back with a simple large type message "F____ Y__".
Why do you object to the AARP?


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 22:56.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,144
307 Members
837 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42