SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-05-2013, 16:11   #81
oceanbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsjr1969 View Post
Hey, thanks for posting about my info and linking my video.

I wish more people would get the 10mm info out there to get people to see what there missing.

Most under rated cartridge out there.

"10mm ammo" find this page on Facebook

I agree.......after watching your entire series of 10MM speeds and the Mech Tech Videos I am now an owner of a Mech Tech 10MM CCU.!

Wow, this thing is quality and the barrel appears incredibably strong. I haven't shot it yet, working tonight on the Bullet Button. (stupid Kalifornistan). Since I already own 5 Glocks in 10MM including my Longslide I have plenty of FRAMES. Including 3 G21s if need be. I'am going to install an old MILLET red-dot that I had on a 9X25 GLOCK a while back. It's cheap but worked fine for my eyes.

For you Kalifornia people, I am considering going 'featureless' so I can use my normal capacity (called High Capacity by the State) magazines. Otherwise I am restricted to 10 round mags with the bullet button.

This would require I install a 'wall' behind the grip so it's not a pistol grip anymore. Just thinking about it, nothing firmed up yet.

Be well............Bob
oceanbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 16:16   #82
nickE10mm
F.S.F.O.S.

Send a message via AIM to nickE10mm Send a message via MSN to nickE10mm Send a message via Yahoo to nickE10mm
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanbob View Post
I agree.......after watching your entire series of 10MM speeds and the Mech Tech Videos I am now an owner of a Mech Tech 10MM CCU.!

Wow, this thing is quality and the barrel appears incredibably strong. I haven't shot it yet, working tonight on the Bullet Button. (stupid Kalifornistan). Since I already own 5 Glocks in 10MM including my Longslide I have plenty of FRAMES. Including 3 G21s if need be. I'am going to install an old MILLET red-dot that I had on a 9X25 GLOCK a while back. It's cheap but worked fine for my eyes.

For you Kalifornia people, I am considering going 'featureless' so I can use my normal capacity (called High Capacity by the State) magazines. Otherwise I am restricted to 10 round mags with the bullet button.

This would require I install a 'wall' behind the grip so it's not a pistol grip anymore. Just thinking about it, nothing firmed up yet.

Be well............Bob
range report!
10 Ring #1033 - Longslide #1045 - 10mm Loader #1066

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Why do I carry a 10mm?
“Because a 9mm only kills your body… the 10mm kills your soul.”
nickE10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 16:19   #83
oceanbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickE10mm View Post
range report!

Nick....I will do that.! Gonna hit the high desert soon...
Old 03-05-2013, 16:36   #84
ModGlock17

Sounds like I just moved up the waiting list...

Congrats, OceanBob.
ModGlock17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 17:10   #85
oceanbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModGlock17 View Post
Sounds like I just moved up the waiting list...

Congrats, OceanBob.

ModGlock....I ordered it 12-30-12....just before New Years. They hit my credit card on 1-7-13......it arrived today, 3-5-13. So about 2 months for the wait. I understand they are so busy they are not taking back-orders now.

Just like Starline Brass...nothing in stock and no backorders.

Be well..............Bob
Old 03-05-2013, 19:16   #86
ctious

I got in the line Jan 22. Talked to them last week. Told about 2 weeks till my build is up. So 2 months is holding pretty strong.
ctious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:16   #87
oceanbob

It arrived and I will be taking her out to the High Desert later for a Range Test.

I must say the quality is very good on this conversion unit.

Photos:

The 10 Ring

The 10 Ring
Old 03-11-2013, 09:46   #88
nickE10mm
F.S.F.O.S.

Send a message via AIM to nickE10mm Send a message via MSN to nickE10mm Send a message via Yahoo to nickE10mm
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanbob View Post
It arrived and I will be taking her out to the High Desert later for a Range Test.

I must say the quality is very good on this conversion unit.

Photos:

The 10 Ring

The 10 Ring
I am SO VERY JEALOUS.... please take video, pics and report back!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Why do I carry a 10mm?
Old 03-11-2013, 17:15   #89
ModGlock17

Nick, we've got to get one!

There are guys in my area who'd pay $600 for a Kel Tec Sub2000 which I plan to sell. That'll pay for a CCU.

Need to look into a folding stock.

Last edited by ModGlock17; 03-11-2013 at 17:20..
Old 03-11-2013, 17:16   #90
nickE10mm
F.S.F.O.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModGlock17 View Post
Nick, we've got to get one!
I know!

Why do I carry a 10mm?
Old 03-11-2013, 18:18   #91
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman

Looking good! Good luck!
_The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 20:24   #92
Any Cal.

I didn't want one under the old ATF letter, but the newest interpretation allows the pistol to be assembled again and used as a pistol without running afoul of the law. Mucho better since you don't have to dedicate a frame to it. Now if primers weren't in such short supply picking one up would be a no-brainer.
Any Cal. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:09   #93
ModGlock17

Oceanbob, please give us a report on what you are feeding it, or feeding experiments you may have

I am thinking, based on what they recommend at their site, that I may need to try exclusively reloads above 750ft-lbs, perhaps those with Magnum primers. By definition, this means no plated bullets.

Also, hard casts may create too much of a clean up job, that it is not worth trying.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:43   #94
Bongo Boy

I've just discovered this thing within the last few days and it's bothering me because I don't have one. I have this sweet EOTech sight that's just sitting on the shelf right now and that's just wrong...
Bongo Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 20:54   #95
ModGlock17

MechTech Owners should have at least a couple of these:

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...1384302&page=2
Old 01-29-2014, 18:39   #96
jgrider

Hello everybody while looking for others that are having my problem I discovered this thread.
This is a FYI
I have an older .45 1911 unit that has never given me trouble in all the 3gun and Steel Challenge matches I've competed in.
And I also had a G17 unit until it was recently stolen.
I sent it in to Mech-Tech for repairs then they shipped it back out to me with out notifying me first. I called them to find out the status of the repair they told me it was delivered but I never received it. And I wouldn't have known anything if I hadn't called them. Fed-X says they delivered to the correct address, mine, and since there was no signature required they just left it at my front door, and Mech-Tech didn't take out any insurance so they were in the clear there also.
Mech-Tech says they aren't going to do anything for me since it was delivered to my house, that it's my problem. And that they never buy insurance or require a signature unless the customer requests it. I explained that I never was notified that it was going to ship, and allow me to insure it and require a signature. I tried to explain that if they would have required a signature from the recipient the item wouldn't have been stolen because Fed-X wouldn't have left it. It was all a waste of time
So now it's in the hands of a thief that may use it some how or sell it.
Moral of this post is if you're going to buy from them or send one in for repair, tell them you want to insure it and require a signature when hey ship it to you.
jgrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 18:50   #97
Clusterfrack

Wow, that sucks. I think MechTech owes you a new upper. Disappointing customer service too.
Old 01-29-2014, 19:13   #98
Johnny Ringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrider View Post
Hello everybody while looking for others that are having my problem I discovered this thread.
This is a FYI
I have an older .45 1911 unit that has never given me trouble in all the 3gun and Steel Challenge matches I've competed in.
And I also had a G17 unit until it was recently stolen.
I sent it in to Mech-Tech for repairs then they shipped it back out to me with out notifying me first. I called them to find out the status of the repair they told me it was delivered but I never received it. And I wouldn't have known anything if I hadn't called them. Fed-X says they delivered to the correct address, mine, and since there was no signature required they just left it at my front door, and Mech-Tech didn't take out any insurance so they were in the clear there also.
Mech-Tech says they aren't going to do anything for me since it was delivered to my house, that it's my problem. And that they never buy insurance or require a signature unless the customer requests it. I explained that I never was notified that it was going to ship, and allow me to insure it and require a signature. I tried to explain that if they would have required a signature from the recipient the item wouldn't have been stolen because Fed-X wouldn't have left it. It was all a waste of time
So now it's in the hands of a thief that may use it some how or sell it.
Moral of this post is if you're going to buy from them or send one in for repair, tell them you want to insure it and require a signature when hey ship it to you.
Well, that's interesting. I dang sure appreciate this information...

Their policy resulted in your loss. They should make it right. MechTech has been on my short list for a long time - the only reason I haven't made the purchase is because I've yet to make up my mind which caliber I wanted. After reading your story, I'll pass on the whole MechTech experience.

I don't give my money to thieves if I can help it.

Oh well. The disappointment of owning one and having to deal with a company run by a bunch of Ingrates far outweighs that caused by not owning one at all..

Good luck, MechTech...
Johnny Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote