Old 11-13-2012, 12:56   #81
TommyOC

General Glocking
General Glocking
General Glocking
my made in the usa G17
Old 11-13-2012, 16:43   #82
dhgeyer

They're a little unusual now, but that won't last. They didn't build a factory down there just to produce a few collectables. Paying anyone a premium price for one would be a losing gamble would be my guess.
dhgeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:13   #83
temp888

Wife and I just got our first pistol and this is my first post on glocktalk. And it's a USA made Glock 17 gen 4.

I hadn't seen anything about USA made Glocks in my research so it blind sided us a bit but we got it anyway. I love USA made. I just want to know it has the same famous Glock reliability and durability.

Is the consensus now that Glock has stopped using the trademark Tenifer treatment everywhere, US and Austria?
(replaced with gas nitride process)

Have there been any reports of machining, or other quality differences between US and Austrian? Again I love US made, but Austrians have been doing these processes for longer.

A little info. It has the smooth, not grooved trigger. Serial starts with AADX and a very low number. Any idea what the DX is?
temp888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:57   #84
M 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by temp888 View Post
Wife and I just got our first pistol and this is my first post on glocktalk. And it's a USA made Glock 17 gen 4.

I hadn't seen anything about USA made Glocks in my research so it blind sided us a bit but we got it anyway. I love USA made. I just want to know it has the same famous Glock reliability and durability.

Is the consensus now that Glock has stopped using the trademark Tenifer treatment everywhere, US and Austria?
(replaced with gas nitride process)

Have there been any reports of machining, or other quality differences between US and Austrian? Again I love US made, but Austrians have been doing these processes for longer.

A little info. It has the smooth, not grooved trigger. Serial starts with AADX and a very low number. Any idea what the DX is?
It is simply part of the 4 letter alpha prefix of the alpha-numeric serial number.

The earliest serial numbers seem to have started with two letter prefixes, progressed through three letter prefixes and now we are seeing four letter prefixes.

That makes possible a great many combinations (excluding the obvious four letter profanities that would occur and will likely NOT be used) that should last for several years as it should provide nearly 150 million serial numbers (when used with the numerical portions of the serial numbers) give or take a few thousand.

Last edited by M 7; 12-05-2012 at 12:02..
M 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:51   #85
dolands

My first post here. It's been very interesting for me to read this thread from the beggining til to the last post since I am planning to buy my first Glock pistol by next month. I am permanently living in the Philippines but I am working abroad. As the earlier post here said, yes, Glock USA is the most commonly and easiest Glock pistol to buy in the Philippines while the Austrian made Glock is not that easy and more expensive compared to the US made Glock. I love US made products but I am concerning of their price difference and with that, I am confuse and thinking that they might have different in their quality. Does anyone here can give or share their idea base on their actual experience of using the Glock USA? Is there any problem regarding the performance and quality of Glock USA?

Please note that the price of Glock USA in the Philippines particularly for G22 Gen 4 is 975 US$ while the Austrian made in the same caliber and model is 1,460 US$. Any thought on this price difference why and what? Looking forward for some clarification to any one who has the idea and opinion that will helps me to make my decision for my first Glock pistol.
dolands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:57   #86
ChiTownPicaro

To me a Glock is a Glock based on my past experiences. Either way I am wondering if there is a difference in quality as I have not fired a USA made gun. I am happy with my Austrian guns.
ChiTownPicaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:59   #87
Inebriated

My 19 is a USA-made one. Just as reliable as my Austrian-made guns, and just as good fit/finish, but it just looks prettier with that "USA" on the slide.
Kalashnikov Klub Member #870
Black Rifle Club Member #2L8
The 21 Club Member #19691
Inebriated is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:20   #88
Giggity-Giggity
Giggity-Goo!!!

So is this now replacing the Austria versions?
Top Guns .357 Sig #2011
GSSF Lifetime Member

Last edited by Giggity-Giggity; 01-23-2013 at 11:20..
Giggity-Giggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 14:54   #89
myglockisa23

My Gen 4 19 is made in USA with Georgia Proof marks....
General Glocking
General Glocking
General Glocking

Last edited by myglockisa23; 03-10-2013 at 15:08..
myglockisa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 23:00   #90
Nastynewt

I would like to have one of the Russian Glocks

General Glocking

General Glocking
Nastynewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 00:40   #91
Inebriated

That would be thoroughly awesome.
Kalashnikov Klub Member #870
Black Rifle Club Member #2L8
The 21 Club Member #19691
Inebriated is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:33   #92
burttrans

USA made guns same great quality as all the others from my experience! I have USA made G26 and it seems every bit as good as my G19; love them both!
burttrans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:20   #93
jp1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolands View Post
My first post here. It's been very interesting for me to read this thread from the beggining til to the last post since I am planning to buy my first Glock pistol by next month. I am permanently living in the Philippines but I am working abroad. As the earlier post here said, yes, Glock USA is the most commonly and easiest Glock pistol to buy in the Philippines while the Austrian made Glock is not that easy and more expensive compared to the US made Glock. I love US made products but I am concerning of their price difference and with that, I am confuse and thinking that they might have different in their quality. Does anyone here can give or share their idea base on their actual experience of using the Glock USA? Is there any problem regarding the performance and quality of Glock USA?

Please note that the price of Glock USA in the Philippines particularly for G22 Gen 4 is 975 US$ while the Austrian made in the same caliber and model is 1,460 US$. Any thought on this price difference why and what? Looking forward for some clarification to any one who has the idea and opinion that will helps me to make my decision for my first Glock pistol.
Hello there! I'm also from the Philippines and I also recently bought a Glock 17 USA. It's been working great except for the occasional weak ejection that was said to be plaguing the newer Glock 9mms (both Gen 3 and Gen 4). I've since replaced the ejector (from 336 to the newer 30274) along with the newer non-dipped extractor. It's been working ok so far. I guess the reason for the cheaper price for the USA made Glocks is because it's being brought over by an official Glock dealer straight from the USA factory while the Austrian Glocks have to go to more channels to get here.

As for performance, I used to have a 2nd Gen Glock 19 (Austria) and while it never suffered from weak ejection it was a bit more finicky with reloaded ammo. My newer Glock 17 has not jammed so far (even with reloads) and the weak ejection seems to be a minor problem that seems to have been fixed. All in all, the USA Glocks seem to be on par with the Austrian Glocks. I would not hesitate in betting my life on the two based on my experience with them.

Last edited by jp1*; 03-11-2013 at 08:24.. Reason: Additional infor
jp1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 19:23   #94
mm197

Hello
Is their a difference between USA made and Austria made glock, regarding the corrosion resistance? Do they apply the same new gas nitride process ?
Thanks
mm197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 19:45   #95
iflyem1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm197 View Post
Hello
Is their a difference between USA made and Austria made glock, regarding the corrosion resistance? Do they apply the same new gas nitride process ?
Thanks
My guess would be that there is no difference between Austrian made and USA made Glocks. I'm sure they are all made on the same machines and treated with the same Melonite or whatever you want to call it process. USA glocks dont have to go through US Customs and pay tariffs and whatever else the govt wants to impose as fees to be imported. They will be the same price here, whether made in USA or Austria.
iflyem1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:57   #96
oily_oink
###########

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastynewt View Post
i would like to have one of the russian glocks
Me Too!

Last edited by oily_oink; 03-23-2013 at 10:58..
oily_oink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:03   #97
22rtf2
Peaceful

I live 20 minutes from Glock. I go there every couple months. I see the people that work there. I'll stick to Austrian made.
Old 03-27-2013, 20:52   #98
11BTaz

I wouldn't want a foreign made gun "made in USA", just look at what happened to Sig Sauer, they're QC took a *****ing nose dive, I use to love them (German made ones), now you couldn't pay me to take one - I've fired german one and exeter ones, yes I can tell the difference.... Glocks aren't expensive to begin with, so why make them here?
Old 03-27-2013, 20:58   #99
Deputy

That's odd. I had the exact opposite situation with SIG. I wouldn't have one of their non-stainless slide versions as they tended to rust rapidly. But all the modern SIGs work great and I wouldn't trade or sell them for anything.
Deputy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 21:09   #100
11BTaz

Triggers on Exeter Sigs are different, especially with SA trigger, have to pull it back "farther" it feels like before the hammer releases, they always "pinch" my finger between the frame and back of the trigger - not a big fan of being "pinched" by my tools.... other things here and there, they just feel "cheap", but that's just me. Now if YOU are happy with what you have with the money you spent that YOU earned - then by all means, ignore what I just said and be happy with your Sigs. I've had people tell me "how *****ty Berettas" are and how you can't "hit the side of a barn with them, especially not issued M9's", then I go and shoot 3" groups at 35 meters, 5" at 50 and know the opposite of what they say is true.

I guess it's all subjective, one man's trash is another's treasure, different tools for different people, right?