Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 23:35   #41
Ice Auger

The G21 Gen 4 (test fire date of 2-22-13) I bought on Thursday came with the beavertail backstraps.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:23   #42
NH_FED

My Gen4 19 with 2-07-12 test fire date didn't come with any beavertail. Hmmm.
Old 03-10-2013, 13:37   #43
Dave.1

I don't know how the supply chain works, but I was at my LGS looking for a G30, Gen 3 and they just received and were unpacking a G30, Gen 4.

I got to handle it and check it out but there were only the two standard back straps. No beaver tail.

I didn't get to find out when they ordered the Gen 4, so it just may be that they got it in the supply chain before the extra back strap was included.

Dave
Old 03-10-2013, 15:12   #44
cciman

They would have to retool all their current frame molds, so its costlier than that. Also, not everyone thinks that it is necessary-- I certainly don't. Good to have as an add on option for those with large hands that need it. Current design looks like it increases the girth of the grip, so really is for someone with larger hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glocktecher View Post
I suppose it is too much to ask Glock to go ahead and mold the beavertail from the factory as it should be.

Might cost them .137 cents per unit.
Old 03-10-2013, 15:15   #45
cciman

Wanting one (just because it is available) and needing one are 2 different conditions. You may find the grip addition not to your liking, compared to the other grips that come with the G4.
Old 03-10-2013, 15:37   #46
Z71bill

I may be getting old - time goes by fast --

But not all that long ago Glock did not even offer different size backstraps -

Seemed like the general feeling was - we don't need no stinking add on crap on our Glocks.

Now Glock has cheesy (compared to other companies) add on back-straps - and now even cheesier (if that is possible) add on beaver-tails.

What will be next?

Manual thumb safety

Built in key lock

Magazine disconnect

A lever to remove the slide without pulling the trigger

Ambidextrous slide stop lever
Old 03-10-2013, 15:43   #47
cciman

Its response to market pressures from competitors (XD, SW, FN, Sig, etc-- they all follow the leader). If everyone suddenly wanted zombie green, or blaze yellow, then you will see blaze yellow frames. If your competitor is eating your lunch by offering a beaver tail, then you will match what they offer.

The consumer is the determiner, whether it is true or it really makes a difference is irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z71bill View Post

Seemed like the general feeling was - we don't need no stinking add on crap on our Glocks.

Now Glock has cheesy (compared to other companies) add on back-straps - and now even cheesier (if that is possible) add on beaver-tails.

What will be next?

Manual thumb safety

Built in key lock

Magazine disconnect

Last edited by cciman; 03-10-2013 at 15:46..
Old 03-10-2013, 15:46   #48
Lvs1935

The beauty is that you dont have to use the backstraps. Its just a nice option to have for those who are interested. Just toss them out if you dont need them. Its always good to have choices.Once the backstrap is on the gun its not cheesy or flimsy at all. It fits like an integral part of the pistol.
Old 03-10-2013, 15:59   #49
Z71bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvs1935 View Post
The beauty is that you dont have to use the backstraps. Its just a nice option to have for those who are interested. Just toss them out if you dont need them. Its always good to have choices.Once the backstrap is on the gun its not cheesy or flimsy at all. It fits like an integral part of the pistol.
Cheesy must be a subjective thing.

Old 03-10-2013, 16:11   #50
Lvs1935

Quote:
Cheesy must be a subjective thing.

Every choice we make in life is subjective grasshopper. Including to blackstrap or not to backstrap.
Old 03-10-2013, 16:15   #51
ShallNotBeInfringed
NRA Business Al

You forgot rubber bumpers incase the gun is dropped.

Quote:

What will be next?

Manual thumb safety

Built in key lock

Magazine disconnect

Old 03-10-2013, 16:40   #52
PaLEOjd

No need for these "beaver tails". If you are 300-400lbs. of fat to the point where you get slide bite then you need to go on a diet.
The idea of every pistol trying to add features of the 1911 is stupid. Glock hasn't had an extender beaver tail from the beginning, no need to add one now. They are useless.
Old 03-10-2013, 16:59   #53
Castello Dunhill

Are the beavertails going to be available for the 27 ?
Old 03-10-2013, 21:34   #54
.38 super
Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbow View Post
Just bought a FDE Gen4 G20 and it came with the beavertails.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Can you please post some pictures of them ?
Florida Glockers Club #1964
Калашников Клуб №1000
Old 03-10-2013, 21:47   #55
.38 super
Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaLEOjd View Post
No need for these "beaver tails". If you are 300-400lbs. of fat to the point where you get slide bite then you need to go on a diet.
The idea of every pistol trying to add features of the 1911 is stupid. Glock hasn't had an extender beaver tail from the beginning, no need to add one now. They are useless.
This is ridiculous opinion. It's your opinion and I respect it, but please don't tell me if I should go on a diet or that the idea to add beavertail to a Glock is stupid - this was discussed so many times here: it's not up to the proper grip of the gun, it's not about how Gaston created Glock and we shouldn't do nothing else to it and so on such nonsense... It's about choice. If I don't have time and resources to improve my shooting skills and if such device as a beavertail is helping me, I will use it and, the result is what I care about, not someone that think that everybody else must learn to shoot like him, or should have same anatomy like him, I hope you understand how ignorant is tour opinion...
I learn how to shoot guns with 1911 GI style, I don't care about the hammer bites, I don't care about slide bites when I shoot Glock, but Gripforce adapter is helping me to get a hold of the gun close to my 1911 grip and my Glock shooting is improving with the beavertail, also I got rid of the slide bites... And your suggestion is that this result is useless or stupid... ? ...
Калашников Клуб №1000
Old 03-10-2013, 21:56   #56
Scott30

Quote:
Originally Posted by .38 super View Post
Gripforce adapter is helping me to get a hold of the gun close to my 1911 grip and my Glock shooting is improving with the beavertail, also I got rid of the slide bites... And your suggestion is that this result is useless or stupid... ? ...
I use the Grip Force adapter on my Glocks and so far I like them. It does change the grip angle slightly for me. Since the new backstraps replace the existing I am not real sure that any change in grip angle will result. They would be more for looks to me. I prefer the angle change.
Old 03-10-2013, 22:15   #57
.38 super
Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott30 View Post
I use the Grip Force adapter on my Glocks and so far I like them. It does change the grip angle slightly for me. Since the new backstraps replace the existing I am not real sure that any change in grip angle will result. They would be more for looks to me. I prefer the angle change.
I agree about the Gripforce, same here... with the little thickness that it adds to the blackstrap, my big hand falls better in position and my trigger finger is extended better, I think.

On the gen4 Glock OEM blackstrap with beavertail - I don't think we will ever see those...
I'm waiting to see a picture of recently purchased gen4 Glock with such blackstrap as some guys here were stating that they have,
so far they are none of it...
Калашников Клуб №1000
Old 03-10-2013, 23:59   #58
CCBBKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by .38 super View Post
I agree about the Gripforce, same here... with the little thickness that it adds to the blackstrap, my big hand falls better in position and my trigger finger is extended better, I think.

On the gen4 Glock OEM blackstrap with beavertail - I don't think we will ever see those...
I'm waiting to see a picture of recently purchased gen4 Glock with such blackstrap as some guys here were stating that they have,
so far they are none of it...
Haha. You and I had a similar discussion about a half a year ago about Glock coming out with an OEM beavertail backstrap. Here they are:

Beavertail backstraps are clearly visible in these photos of current auctions
General Glocking
General Glocking
General Glocking

The next two photos are from a member on another forum
General Glocking

General Glocking

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc...5/m/5470068413

These beavertail backstraps are attaching to the little tab I showed you a while back
General Glocking

Last edited by CCBBKK; 03-11-2013 at 00:27..
Old 03-11-2013, 10:58   #59
.38 super
Observer

... CCBBKK, I got the PM, also - thank you for posting the pictures !
As they say: Picture worth a thousand words, especially if those words cannot tell you if they have the beavertail for real or we are talking about different BT, as the GFA for example....

General Glocking

This is great, I'm so glad that I was wrong about Glock intention to do it, I can finally start looking for one of those for gen4 G17...

I guess with so many people that don't like those, it should be easy to find someone that will like to sell such useless thing to me...

IMHO I find this to be the final touch for Glock to the new gen4 guns, I don't think they need any other "upgrades", if you don't like it - keep it in the box or sell it to me... If you like it - more power to you... BTW I also agree with the opinion of the Maestro from the Sigforum, it fits pretty much my understanding about those backstraps and the reason I would need one...
I'll be happy if I can find now a US made G22 or 20 with one of those... in FDE if it's possible...
Калашников Клуб №1000
Old 03-11-2013, 18:00   #60
Glock23/17
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Put one on my 23, this is a gripforce beavertail..it did not come with the gun and I just bought this Gen4 about a week ago off gunbroker.

General Glocking

General Glocking

Last edited by Glock23/17; 03-11-2013 at 18:05..

Closed Thread