SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-09-2013, 14:46   #1
Levan
simple man

I think I found it, finally.

Hello dear fellow forum members. Today I accidentally visited this forum, proceeded to a pic thread, posted few photos of my Glocks and than just decided to change my member title. Briefly I scrolled through the user profile and I saw this "plane crazy" in hobby column. Well it was damn long time ago when I was building aircraft models so I turned my attention to the date when I registered at glocktalk and I saw the date which surprised me a lot. It was 2004! I realized 9 years are gone like ... nothing :( Actually I bought my first Glock model 17 at that year and I still can remember its serial number HAS 754. I was 24 years old and at that time started interesting in guns and shooting. That is why a registered at glocktalk. 9 years are gone and just another hobby became my lifestyle which I enjoy every day and second of my life and of which I am very proud of. Reading about guns was and is for me as enjoyable as shooting them so my personal library grew up significantly. 4 years ago I started gun writing on my own blog which became successful project and I really do like to write about guns. One year ago I became very serious about combat shooting and combat fitness and workouts with weapons became an every day practice. On last training session with my friends who as we say here breath the same air as I, sad with sarcasm, Travis Haley and Chris Costa would cry if they see the conditions in which we train. That is true, in our country shooting is not the most popular activity, since the ammo and firearms are very expensive and basically the whole infrastructure is dead so you should go very hard way to reach some heights in this business. Nevertheless for 9 years guns and shooting gave me much more rather than vital survival skills and enjoyment from shooting, it gave me ability to be a part of something which is very big and very great, to be part of the worldwide shooting society sharing the most important points like responsibility, safe firearm handling, self control, love to firearms and understanding the importance of right to own one. And for all this time (shame on me) I repeatedly cheated on Glocks. I put my hand on almost any popular wonder nines which existed. I had may be 6 Glocks but all the time a sold them and got something new (such practice was caused by the fact that firearms are very expensive and there is no practical reason in owning several basically same handguns). I loved H&K's for their quality and solidness, enjoyed excellent ergonomics and accuracy of Cz's, respected the fine craftsmanship and aesthetics of Beretta 92 and appreciated Sig P series for incredibly smooth triggers and very good shoot-ability. In between many other handguns came and have gone. Actually when I first unpacked my brand new G17 I was a little bit frustrated. A plain jane semi auto, with rough finish, when you jiggle it you heard some clicking inside, racking the slide will cause shrieking sounds. Is this THAT famous Glock??? you must be kidding! But year after year of shooting and communicating with other shootists and serviceman proved to me that Glocks do work (what a surprise!?) and they do work all the time. Actually the Glock is a single non soviet firearm that won the hearts of our service members who do not have tradition of maintain properly their issue guns. Most of these Glocks where imported in 90's have shot tens of thousands rounds with zero maintenance. I have seen glocks covered in grease, covered in substance that pretty much looked like glue and triggers where so hard you needed to squeeze em really hard to release a shot. I saw very abused specimen, but they all worked. after this 9 years I am 100% sure that there is no gun that is so simple, durable and reliable as Glock, period. Plus what is very important you dont need gunsmith to repair one (gunsmiths are rarity in our country any way). Just buy a replacement part and drop it in.
Yesterday I sold my H&K P2000 and bought a Glock 19. So I traveled to range to test fire it. I put a target at approximately 12 meters and made 5 shots. This is the result of it. Stock 19 with 5.5 pound trigger delivered top notch accuracy and like asked me not to play the fool and accept the reality: for me there is on better gun than Glock.

General Glocking

the group on the top was shot by my friend from his G17

I laugh at people who complain about Glock triggers and average accuracy. People, learn to shoot! invest more money and time in ammunition and training and Glock will not betray you. I think a long journey towards finding my ideal handgun is over. Here it is, introducing my new best friend, Glock 19.

General Glocking

Now I plan to stay here on forum for a long time.

With best wishes to all Glock fans out there

Last edited by Levan; 03-09-2013 at 16:25..
Levan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 15:18   #2
Scott30

Love my Gen 3 G19 too. I am actually thinking of getting a Gen4 G19 just because. Biggest problem is finding one.
Scott30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 15:42   #3
Levan
simple man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott30 View Post
I am actually thinking of getting a Gen4 G19 just because. Biggest problem is finding one.
oh are they that rare?
Old 03-09-2013, 20:05   #4
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levan View Post
I laugh at people who complain about Glock triggers and average accuracy.
Are you saying Glocks are above average from an accuracy standpoint?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:40   #5
Levan
simple man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
Are you saying Glocks are above average from an accuracy standpoint?
what I say is that Glocks are very accurate out of the box. many people consider that more reliability means less accuracy. If glock is not accurate than i just dont know what accuracy is.

Last edited by Levan; 03-10-2013 at 02:42..
Levan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:39   #6
Opie 1 Kenopie
Regular Guy

Nice post OP. sounds like the journey most of us have taken over the years. It always ends up at Glock. Where are you located? I'm betting somewhere very Russian.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:33   #7
Levan
simple man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie 1 Kenopie View Post
N Where are you located? I'm betting somewhere very Russian.
Republic of Georgia. South Caucasus. Russia is to the north, frequently disturbing us
Old 03-10-2013, 09:18   #8
intenseneal

Glocks are the best and most reasonably priced hand guns out there. Granted I have not owned just Glocks and I will not ever buy just Glocks but I will never part with my Gen 2 G23, it will not be the last Glock I buy and a Glock will always be my EDC and go to gun in a bad situation. I had a Kel Tec P11 that did not like to load the first round when working the slide unless you really racked it HARD. I had dreams that it would not load when I was in a shoot out. Sadly though my P11 was stolen and I hope to some day get it back I had only put about 300 rounds threw it and had it for a maybe 6 months.
intenseneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 18:36   #9
Catshooter

Nice post.

Although a few paragraphs would make it a whole lot easier to read.

Cat
Old 03-10-2013, 19:33   #10
Genin
Designated Left

I'm in complete agreement with you OP, I love the Glock 19. I have had many different hand guns over the years and finally settled on the Glock 19 as my go to gun. We hang out daily .
Genin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:00   #11
burttrans

Nice post; I got my first Glock after almost 30 years of shooting; I was 49 years old. I don't know why it took me so long but I am sure I will always own several Glocks from now on. I have G 19 Gen 4 FDE and USA made G26 that I use for carry along with my Kahr CM9!
burttrans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:44   #12
mrmike7189

tell me about the Kahr 9mm vs. G26?

Quote:
Originally Posted by burttrans View Post
Nice post; I got my first Glock after almost 30 years of shooting; I was 49 years old. I don't know why it took me so long but I am sure I will always own several Glocks from now on. I have G 19 Gen 4 FDE and USA made G26 that I use for carry along with my Kahr CM9!
I also have a G26 and thought about the Kahr PM9. tell me why you carry both. which is best for carry?
the kahrs are hard too find here in mass.(even though they are made here)
PC4 40S&W
Mini-14 223/5.56 NATO
mrmike7189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:00   #13
burttrans

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmike7189 View Post
I also have a G26 and thought about the Kahr PM9. tell me why you carry both. which is best for carry?
the kahrs are hard too find here in mass.(even though they are made here)

I do carry both but only one at a time. My CM9 works great for pocket carry and generally gets summer duty in right front pocket of my cargo shorts. My G26 is generally IWB for fall and winter carry. Very happy with my Kahr it has been 100% after several hundred rounds very stiff when new but cleaned and racket slide several thousand times before shooting and no issues plus out the door price for me was $410.
burttrans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 17:27   #14
Sammael
Ich tu dir Weh.

And as always...

Have nice day.

Sammael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 20:10   #15
swage

Very nice post. I own many handguns and I appreciate each one for what it is. Some are like pieces of art, while others are simply tools. I am fortunate enough to be able to purchase whatever I want. But every morning when I leave the house I have a Glock of some type on my hip. As you stated, "they work."
swage is offline   Reply With Quote