GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-28-2013, 00:29   #21
tilefish

Attendance is a big issue where I work too. I find it mind boggling that the number one reason people get let go is too many tardies/no show. I work for a huge, household name company with decent benefits/pay/bonus structure and people constantly screw it up for themselves. In this economy, I cannot fathom why some people are so irresponsible with their careers...

To echo some others, strict policy is the way to go. It can be kind of harsh but you can also weed out the bad apples early on.
tilefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 15:21   #22
GLK8876919
Lifetime Membership
Confused...

no offense to anyone, but is there really a definitive answer here? main question is dealing with "people" which are the most uncontrollable, unpredictable aspect of any business. sure, make sure you have a "formal written employee policy handbook," and what's the real reason for a "written handbook?"... so a company can prove to state and government agency's they did the correct thing according to their corporate handbook (created by an attorney). nothing but CYA if an employee gets hurt, resigns, never shows up, gets fired etc etc...
sure force feed your managers more mind numbing corporate training. the problem will still exist forever and ever... people are fallible and how we choose / chose to deal with this is via legal documents to make sure the corporation minimizes their losses.
we / corporations create rules for our business for the benefit of the business. i feel for anybody in the "Human Resources" department of ANY company.... it's a mandatory evil.....
GLK8876919 is offline   Reply With Quote