Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-18-2013, 02:03   #51
Tinus de Jager

Send a message via Skype™ to Tinus de Jager
Yes, but not against someone. In Africa, you sometimes get "somethings" that are dangerous too.
Tinus de Jager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:29   #52
blackbmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX View Post
wait..so the dude was killed?
No. Strange thing happens when you pull the trigger, Almost no noise is heard and the adrenaline dump had me shaking everywhere, top that with a short barreled .40 and that center mass shot went low left....into his leg. He just stopped and stared at me. He didnt know he was hit but the sound made him stop. He was about 10 yards away when i fired. Maybe 15. He was charged with unlawful use of a weapon. Get this.....she bailed him out of jail!! Then he put her in the trunk of her own car and drove 200 miles away in a drunken stupor saying he was gonna kill her. I stopped talking to her after this happened.
blackbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 17:20   #53
kostnerave

1966 Tuy Hoa, Vietnam was a very active place while I was there. Same kind of thing happen to me but my M-16 worked.
kostnerave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 15:03   #54
tenforme

Back in the old country, I came across a guy beating the hell out of a woman. I pulled him off and gave him a pretty thorough demonstration of what being beaten felt like.

When I had him suitably "subdued" I called an ambulance (for the woman) and the police for the guy.

Got a nice thank you from the police and the woman (his ex).

A good grounding in martial arts is probably as good as a weapon in CQC.

About 10 years later I tried to stop another guy from beating his girlfriend and came close to getting a bottle in the face from the girlfriend and had to subdue them both - no good deed remains unpunished I guess
tenforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 19:47   #55
Road Dog

I was about to be beaten by an irate "gentleman" that probably weighed 240 on a light day. There was no doubt about it he was intent on inflicting bodily harm. The "gentleman" got to within 6 or 7 feet of me before he noticed the G23. Without another word he abruptly left and that was fine with me.
Road Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 20:39   #56
kussor

yes, several times, and other times, I came very close to needing the gun, but didn't have one, or other times, were I not 6 ft and 200 lbs of black belt, would have needed the gun.

U get "somethings' here, too. Every year in the US, about 1 million people are dogbitten,and more die of dog attacks than of the bears everyone seems to be so worried about.

Last edited by kussor; 07-04-2013 at 20:41..
kussor is offline   Reply With Quote