Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-19-2013, 12:54   #1
Rec4LMS

Error 40 with an iPod Touch

I've got an iPod Touch (32GB). It's a pretty nice media player. I think I've had this thing for about two years. Every so often it fouls up and I have to restore it.

Now, it won't restore. I keep getting an error code of 40 on the thing.

I've tried Kernal Program Recovery (which could not find my iPod) and TinyUmbrella. Neither program worked. I did not try Red Snow as it had a disclaimer that it did not work with certain versions of iPods.

I've also had no luck getting it into DFU mode. (Since it's stuck in recovery mode it does not seem to want to do anything.)

Any suggestions out there?

"The number of casualties at the site of an attempted mass shooting is usually determined by whether the gun used to stop the killer is already at the site, or whether it must be carried there in the holster of a police officer."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Rec4LMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 16:15   #2
Drjones

Send a message via AIM to Drjones

Did a quick google & unfortunately, you may have a hardware problem on your hands....can you take to the Apple store for diagnosis?
Old 03-19-2013, 16:25   #3
Rec4LMS

Yeah, that was one of the "solutions" that I had found. I guess I can take it someplace, but I was really trying to fix it myself.

From what people have told me about getting their iPods fixed, it would be more cost effective to buy a new one.

"The number of casualties at the site of an attempted mass shooting is usually determined by whether the gun used to stop the killer is already at the site, or whether it must be carried there in the holster of a police officer."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 03-19-2013, 16:42   #4
kirbinster

Did you change the operating system on your computer assuming it was a PC? I had an iPod Touch that would not work on my Win7 x64 desktop but works fine on my notebook running winxp.
kirbinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 17:39   #5
Rec4LMS

I tried to restore on two separate computers, but both were running Windows 7. I do have an old laptop with Vista on it. (It barely runs due to the fact that it's Vista and that it's had multiple encounters with spills.) I'll try to see if I can get that to work.