SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-23-2013, 19:25   #1
frank4570
Feral human

So I looked up what a left wing conspiracy is

and was a little surprised to find I have actually been exposed to one, I just didn't realize it. Here it is.

It is the belief that the NRA is supported by, and works for, rich and powerful gun companies. And that their money is used to bribe politicians. And most Americans want more gun control but they can't stop the powerful NRA. They actually don't believe that the NRA is backed by average people.

I just thought it was interesting.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 20:06   #2
EOS
Pro Liberty

I'd be willing to bet gun companies make more money from government/LEO contracts than civilian sales. 2A restrictions wouldn't hurt them too badly. I've got my problems with the NRA, but Lefties always look for corporate boogeymen to blame, no matter if there is logic behind it or not. And nevermind that their POTUS is bought and paid for by the big central banks.

No doubt the NRA gets donations from gun companies, it's in their best interest, more people buying guns means more profits, what's wrong with that? Not to mention us being able to buy guns is a natural and Constitutional right. But in no way do I think the NRA is running based soley on the interests of Colt, Glock or whoever. With the amount of members the NRA has, It's unlikely.

In other words.......bull****. Why don't they try looking into the corporate activity of the banks that own their president instead of the ones that sell me my guns?

"A lie makes it around the world before the truth gets its pants on."
EOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 20:06   #3
EOS
Pro Liberty

I'd be willing to bet gun companies make more money from government/LEO contracts than civilian sales. 2A restrictions wouldn't hurt them too badly. I've got my problems with the NRA, but Lefties always look for corporate boogeymen to blame, no matter if there is logic behind it or not. And nevermind that their POTUS is bought and paid for by the big central banks.

No doubt the NRA gets donations from gun companies, it's in their best interest, more people buying guns means more profits, what's wrong with that? Not to mention us being able to buy guns is a natural and Constitutional right. But in no way do I think the NRA is running based soley on the interests of Colt, Glock or whoever. With the amount of members the NRA has, It's unlikely.

In other words.......bull****. Why don't they try looking into the corporate activity of the banks that own their president instead of the ones that sell me my guns?

"A lie makes it around the world before the truth gets its pants on."
EOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 20:12   #4
Comrade Bork

IF every gun company were merged into a single corporation, the resulting corporation would not make it onto the Fortune 500.

The gun industry is TINY, folks.

They don't have the vast wealth the lefties think they have!
Comrade Bork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 20:44   #5
Ronny
Good Guy

Gun companies are not really the same as defense contractors which really are rich and powerful. NRA is primarily a gun owner special interest group but is also supported by gun companies of course, but not really supported at all by the powerful military industrial complex variety of company like General Dynamics or Raytheon. There's always a grain of truth in these things. In this case it's just a grain. But the polling I've seen indicates the majority does support gun control. Fortunately our minority is well organized. Not that I'm a big fan of NRA, due to historical reasons though.
Old 03-23-2013, 21:49   #6
Gunnut 45/454

The OP obvious you've been listening to Bloomberg, Biden, Pelosi and the like! Why do you listen to those liars!