Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:45   #41
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
I don't know about you guys but I am going to run down to my FFL and not order one as fast as I can.

I would put my Springfield Operator up against the Colt anytime, and win.

1911 Forums

Old 03-22-2013, 14:07   #42
MD357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockdude1 View Post

I would put my Springfield Operator up against the Colt anytime, and win.

"Win" at what? Kinda hard to take anyone that posts a pic of their 1911 with that duuchey Hornady Zombie ammo, seriously.

Last edited by MD357; 03-22-2013 at 14:08..
MD357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 15:35   #43
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD357 View Post
"Win" at what? Kinda hard to take anyone that posts a pic of their 1911 with that duuchey Hornady Zombie ammo, seriously.
Old 03-22-2013, 16:41   #44
Jason D
Silver Membership
INFRINGED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD357 View Post
I couldn't help but laugh at that comment.

Alexander Hamilton, author of Federalist No. 1. 10/27/1787
Jason D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 13:17   #45
Teecher45

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_lowry123 View Post
Nice find on the ruger!! I went by whittakers last week, and it was packed. I'm not sure if people were buying or just looking around. I left shortly after getting in. Too packed for me!! I was kidding about going out and getting one though. I'm not sure where kygunworks is? Lexington maybe?

2nd amendment charges an arm and a leg. Did you see the colt 6920 they had for 2400? That place charges MSRP, then let you talk them down 30 dollars. I really don't see how there still open. I'd love to see what they'd charge for one of these colt MARSOC.
Yeah Whitakers is crazy. But I still love it. I think 2nd amendment stays open because some people just buy what they can and pay what they're asking. Last Saturday I was in there looking and a man and woman came in looking for a Glock 9mm. They didn't have any so they bought a Glock in .357 Sig, 1 box of bullets and a cheap holster. Almost $800.
Yeah, they still had those M4's, 4 of them @ $2499 each...

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 03-23-2013, 14:17   #46
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Wasn't there a Springfield something or another that was submitted to the USMC for testing against the Colt too? Hmmm...two came in and the Colt came out winning. I wonder what happened to the Springfield?
Old 03-23-2013, 21:34   #47
brisk21

Holy Wilson Combat prices Batman!!!
brisk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 21:36   #48
brisk21

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Wasn't there a Springfield something or another that was submitted to the USMC for testing against the Colt too? Hmmm...two came in and the Colt came out winning. I wonder what happened to the Springfield?

Dude. Do you really think that Colt makes a better 1911 than Springfield? Are you delusional? They both make quality guns, but Colts aren't necessarily better.
Old 03-23-2013, 22:41   #49
CA_DUDE
Dude here.

Quote:
Hookers and blow! Guaranteed to seal any deal
CA_DUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 23:22   #50
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisk21 View Post
Dude. Do you really think that Colt makes a better 1911 than Springfield? Are you delusional? They both make quality guns, but Colts aren't necessarily better.
Apparently Uncle Sam's Misguided Children think so. Otherwise, the IMBEL would have won, right?
Old 03-23-2013, 23:23   #51
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_DUDE View Post
Hookers and blow! Guaranteed to seal any deal
Maybe Springfield should have asked IMBEL to bring along some Brazilian girls. You snooze, you looze.
Old 03-23-2013, 23:30   #52
RetailNinja

Send a message via AIM to RetailNinja
If I recall, none of the submitted pistols "won", the Colt simply broke down later in the test than the other submitted 1911s...
Old 03-24-2013, 01:18   #53
CA_DUDE
Dude here.

Quote:
Apparently Uncle Sam's Misguided Children think so. Otherwise, the IMBEL would have won, right?
Of course. That's why the beretta won too. It was obviously the best choice, right? I have the utmost faith that all our government agencies are completely objective in the evaluation and awarding of contracts
Old 03-24-2013, 06:14   #54
railfancwb

Quote:
Of course. That's why the beretta won too. It was obviously the best choice, right? I have the utmost faith that all our government agencies are completely objective in the evaluation and awarding of contracts
New York City is going to sell the Brooklyn Bridge to fund the earphone police contingent, and I have first option to buy it. Wanna buy me out?

Old 03-24-2013, 08:11   #55
brisk21

Quote:

Yeah thats why they use the Beretta, cause its the best. Oh wait, no its not. The It wasn't even their first choice. The Sig was. Thats also why they still use the DI Colt M4. Cause its better than the HK416, SCAR 16, Bushmaster ACR, ect...right? Exactly. Uncle sam does NOT always choose the best products on the market. In fact, they rarely do.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:01   #56
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisk21 View Post
Yeah thats why they use the Beretta, cause its the best. Oh wait, no its not. The It wasn't even their first choice. The Sig was. Thats also why they still use the DI Colt M4. Cause its better than the HK416, SCAR 16, Bushmaster ACR, ect...right? Exactly. Uncle sam does NOT always choose the best products on the market. In fact, they rarely do.
Did the Beretta win the XM9 trial? Or did it lose out to SIG?
Also had the ACR or whatever actually tested against the M4 in a trial of any sort?

Last edited by fnfalman; 03-24-2013 at 11:04..
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:02   #57
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Which pistol outperformed the Beretta in the XM9 trial?

Old 03-24-2013, 14:33   #58
CA_DUDE
Dude here.

Quote:
Which pistol outperformed the Beretta in the XM9 trial?

Hell if I know. Point is, time has clearly shown that Beretta is clearly the best pistol out there. CLEARLY.

And we all know that a small number of trial firearms is clearly indicative of the performance of their respective model across the board.

And furthermore we all know and wholeheartedly believe that the whole trial came down to which gun fired more rounds before breaking down. There was no consideration to unit cost, parts cost, or any other sort of financial issues. We all know that the USMC get's whatever they want, not matter the price.

Frankly I don't care what pistol won. I have an MC Op that I couldn't be more satisfied with. Did I fight back tears and contemplate unloading it when I found out it lost in the trial? Not for a second. If I had Colt Rail Gun would I have rubbed it in everyone's face as being clearly superior? The mall ninja in me says "hells yeah", but damn that's so lame.

My point is just that if you truly believe any given firearms is used by said agency because it is clearly the best, I'll have some of what your smoking. The Corps has used SA parts for years to keep the MEU/SOC guns in the game. Must not be to bad then right?
Old 03-25-2013, 08:40   #59
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Hell if I know. Point is, time has clearly shown that Beretta is clearly the best pistol out there. CLEARLY.
It had a hell of a war time service, that's for damn sure. Going on ten years now in a harsh environment. However, I'm sure that XDs and Glocks and SWs are just as comparable with their own records of war time services. CLEARLY.

Quote:
And we all know that a small number of trial firearms is clearly indicative of the performance of their respective model across the board.
Gotta start somewhere. Unless you think it's realistic that whenever Uncle Sam puts out a trial, it should be with 2000-specimens per manufacturer?

Quote:
And furthermore we all know and wholeheartedly believe that the whole trial came down to which gun fired more rounds before breaking down. There was no consideration to unit cost, parts cost, or any other sort of financial issues.
Usually when Uncle Sam puts out a bid, there usually is a price cap.

Quote:
We all know that the USMC get's whatever they want, not matter the price.
I thought that only the Special Forces and Navy SEAL units get to do that?

Quote:
Frankly I don't care what pistol won. I have an MC Op that I couldn't be more satisfied with. Did I fight back tears and contemplate unloading it when I found out it lost in the trial? Not for a second. If I had Colt Rail Gun would I have rubbed it in everyone's face as being clearly superior? The mall ninja in me says "hells yeah", but damn that's so lame.
You do what you gotta do, cowboy.

Quote:
My point is just that if you truly believe any given firearms is used by said agency because it is clearly the best, I'll have some of what your smoking. The Corps has used SA parts for years to keep the MEU/SOC guns in the game. Must not be to bad then right?
I couldn't care less which cool units carry what. I buy my guns based on my wants and my needs. However, we're talking about Colt versus Springfield in this trial. Colt won. Tough luck.

All the crying and whining (maybe not by you but by others) isn't going to change the fact that Colt won and Springfield lost.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:42   #60
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetailNinja View Post
If I recall, none of the submitted pistols "won", the Colt simply broke down later in the test than the other submitted 1911s...
That's how things work in a trial. The gun that broke less usually wins. Just like the Beretta didn't finish the XM9 trial unscathed. It had malfunctions and whatnots as well...just less than its competitors.