GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2013, 23:23   #51
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 54,748


Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_DUDE View Post
Hookers and blow! Guaranteed to seal any deal
Maybe Springfield should have asked IMBEL to bring along some Brazilian girls. You snooze, you looze.
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 23:30   #52
RetailNinja
Senior Member
 
RetailNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tuktoyaktuk
Posts: 1,407
Send a message via AIM to RetailNinja
If I recall, none of the submitted pistols "won", the Colt simply broke down later in the test than the other submitted 1911s...
__________________
Conservatism is a cardiac disorder - Brietbart
Liberalism is a mental disorder - Savage
RetailNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:18   #53
CA_DUDE
Dude here.
 
CA_DUDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Apparently Uncle Sam's Misguided Children think so. Otherwise, the IMBEL would have won, right?
Of course. That's why the beretta won too. It was obviously the best choice, right? I have the utmost faith that all our government agencies are completely objective in the evaluation and awarding of contracts
CA_DUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:14   #54
railfancwb
Senior Member
 
railfancwb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Shelbyville, Tennessee TN
Posts: 3,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_DUDE View Post
Of course. That's why the beretta won too. It was obviously the best choice, right? I have the utmost faith that all our government agencies are completely objective in the evaluation and awarding of contracts
New York City is going to sell the Brooklyn Bridge to fund the earphone police contingent, and I have first option to buy it. Wanna buy me out?


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
"Never give to your friend any power that your enemy may some day inherit." -- Paul Weyrich
railfancwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:11   #55
brisk21
Senior Member
 
brisk21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Apparently Uncle Sam's Misguided Children think so. Otherwise, the IMBEL would have won, right?

Yeah thats why they use the Beretta, cause its the best. Oh wait, no its not. The It wasn't even their first choice. The Sig was. Thats also why they still use the DI Colt M4. Cause its better than the HK416, SCAR 16, Bushmaster ACR, ect...right? Exactly. Uncle sam does NOT always choose the best products on the market. In fact, they rarely do.
brisk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:01   #56
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 54,748


Quote:
Originally Posted by brisk21 View Post
Yeah thats why they use the Beretta, cause its the best. Oh wait, no its not. The It wasn't even their first choice. The Sig was. Thats also why they still use the DI Colt M4. Cause its better than the HK416, SCAR 16, Bushmaster ACR, ect...right? Exactly. Uncle sam does NOT always choose the best products on the market. In fact, they rarely do.
Did the Beretta win the XM9 trial? Or did it lose out to SIG?
Also had the ACR or whatever actually tested against the M4 in a trial of any sort?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
Can you dig it?

Last edited by fnfalman; 03-24-2013 at 11:04..
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:02   #57
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 54,748


Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_DUDE View Post
Of course. That's why the beretta won too. It was obviously the best choice, right? I have the utmost faith that all our government agencies are completely objective in the evaluation and awarding of contracts
Which pistol outperformed the Beretta in the XM9 trial?


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 14:33   #58
CA_DUDE
Dude here.
 
CA_DUDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Which pistol outperformed the Beretta in the XM9 trial?


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Hell if I know. Point is, time has clearly shown that Beretta is clearly the best pistol out there. CLEARLY.

And we all know that a small number of trial firearms is clearly indicative of the performance of their respective model across the board.

And furthermore we all know and wholeheartedly believe that the whole trial came down to which gun fired more rounds before breaking down. There was no consideration to unit cost, parts cost, or any other sort of financial issues. We all know that the USMC get's whatever they want, not matter the price.

Frankly I don't care what pistol won. I have an MC Op that I couldn't be more satisfied with. Did I fight back tears and contemplate unloading it when I found out it lost in the trial? Not for a second. If I had Colt Rail Gun would I have rubbed it in everyone's face as being clearly superior? The mall ninja in me says "hells yeah", but damn that's so lame.

My point is just that if you truly believe any given firearms is used by said agency because it is clearly the best, I'll have some of what your smoking. The Corps has used SA parts for years to keep the MEU/SOC guns in the game. Must not be to bad then right?
CA_DUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:40   #59
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 54,748


Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_DUDE View Post
Hell if I know. Point is, time has clearly shown that Beretta is clearly the best pistol out there. CLEARLY.
It had a hell of a war time service, that's for damn sure. Going on ten years now in a harsh environment. However, I'm sure that XDs and Glocks and SWs are just as comparable with their own records of war time services. CLEARLY.

Quote:
And we all know that a small number of trial firearms is clearly indicative of the performance of their respective model across the board.
Gotta start somewhere. Unless you think it's realistic that whenever Uncle Sam puts out a trial, it should be with 2000-specimens per manufacturer?

Quote:
And furthermore we all know and wholeheartedly believe that the whole trial came down to which gun fired more rounds before breaking down. There was no consideration to unit cost, parts cost, or any other sort of financial issues.
Usually when Uncle Sam puts out a bid, there usually is a price cap.

Quote:
We all know that the USMC get's whatever they want, not matter the price.
I thought that only the Special Forces and Navy SEAL units get to do that?

Quote:
Frankly I don't care what pistol won. I have an MC Op that I couldn't be more satisfied with. Did I fight back tears and contemplate unloading it when I found out it lost in the trial? Not for a second. If I had Colt Rail Gun would I have rubbed it in everyone's face as being clearly superior? The mall ninja in me says "hells yeah", but damn that's so lame.
You do what you gotta do, cowboy.

Quote:
My point is just that if you truly believe any given firearms is used by said agency because it is clearly the best, I'll have some of what your smoking. The Corps has used SA parts for years to keep the MEU/SOC guns in the game. Must not be to bad then right?
I couldn't care less which cool units carry what. I buy my guns based on my wants and my needs. However, we're talking about Colt versus Springfield in this trial. Colt won. Tough luck.

All the crying and whining (maybe not by you but by others) isn't going to change the fact that Colt won and Springfield lost.
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:42   #60
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 54,748


Quote:
Originally Posted by RetailNinja View Post
If I recall, none of the submitted pistols "won", the Colt simply broke down later in the test than the other submitted 1911s...
That's how things work in a trial. The gun that broke less usually wins. Just like the Beretta didn't finish the XM9 trial unscathed. It had malfunctions and whatnots as well...just less than its competitors.
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:39.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 840
226 Members
614 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42