GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-08-2013, 11:39   #161
-aK-

The photo's aren't showing up on those last couple posts LG1. Not sure if it's just me. Darn't.
"It is a precedent fraught with danger for the country, for when Congress once begins to stretch its power beyond the limits of the Constitution, there is no limit to it and no security for the people...the Constitution, to be worth anything, must be held sacred and rigidly observed in all its provisions."--Colonel David Crockett -- A.K.A. Davy Crockett -- -- Member of the U.S. Congress 1827-31 & 1832-35 --
-aK- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:59   #162
LongGun1
StraightShooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by -aK- View Post
The photo's aren't showing up on those last couple posts LG1. Not sure if it's just me. Darn't.
Try now.

"Accuracy first, Speed second.....Speed first, Accuracy never"
LongGun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:32   #163
Stevekozak
Returning video

Quote:
Originally Posted by quake View Post
Ran my first batch of 9mm reloads. Been reloading a long time (since Reagan's first term actually), but never bothered with 9mm until now; just had the dies on hand and been saving the brass for a few years now.

124-grain plated truncated-cone, over 4.1 of titegroup. Hope to get to the range tomorrow or next day to try them out. Not looking for them to be carry ammo or high-precision loads; just something to bang plates with out to 25 yards or so.
Let me know how that load works out for you. I have done all my 9mm loading with 115s, but I am a huge fan of titegroup. I need to get my press running again.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:33   #164
quake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevekozak View Post
Let me know how that load works out for you...
Didn't have my chrono in the truck, but I ran a hundred of them yesterday thru three different guns with no problems. Ran thru a Smith M&P, Glock 19, and Kahr CM9 all fine, with the exception of failing to lock the slide on the CM9 one time; which the CM9 is occasionally prone to do anyway.

Didn't have my chrono, but I did alternate some in the mags with factory stuff and couldn't tell any noticeable difference at all between felt recoil between the two. Not a scientific test, but all I could do at the time; and so far so good.

One thing about truncated-cone bullets is that you usually want to load them toward the shorter side of the allowable range; shorter than a roundnose fmj of the same weight would be. And if you use plated like these are, be mindful of not overcrimping, as it can damage the plating and cause serious accuracy issues.

"Only problem with women my own age, is they're so damn old." - my dad at 89...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
quake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:43   #165
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

10 25lb bags of sugar.'08.

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 13:15   #166
dukeblue91

I traded 6 boxes of 9mm for some cheap Rosi 38 special revolver and a box of 50 38 special.
I thought I had a line on some more 9mm but that didn't pan out so now I wonder if i'm going to miss that 300 rounds I traded.
I have also only been able to find one box of 38 special locally.
So now I have a revolver and only 100 rounds for it and have not been able to shoot it as I don't know when I will find some more ammo.
I'm still good on 9mm but will not be able to shoot like I was if I can't find a place to replenish them.
I had also helped a few friends out with some 9mm and some .22LR which shortened me too on the 9mm.
I have to stop being so nice to people that don't see a need to stock up a little till it is too late.
dukeblue91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 17:56   #167
gnepig
Remember

Casted about 350 130gr 9mm round nose projectiles the other day and set around loading a hundred rounds today. I like the Power Pistol powder as it is (was) inexpensive to buy and has pretty good power ie I have to use less than the lowest value listed in the Lee book to feel close to the same power (or recoil) as the store bought rounds. These loads/rounds are working great through our Beretta 92s, our Glocks (with stainless barrels), the wifes Kimber and our 995 carbines.

Last edited by gnepig; 06-02-2014 at 11:32..
gnepig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:30   #168
Stevekozak
Returning video

Quote:
Didn't have my chrono in the truck, but I ran a hundred of them yesterday thru three different guns with no problems. Ran thru a Smith M&P, Glock 19, and Kahr CM9 all fine, with the exception of failing to lock the slide on the CM9 one time; which the CM9 is occasionally prone to do anyway.

Didn't have my chrono, but I did alternate some in the mags with factory stuff and couldn't tell any noticeable difference at all between felt recoil between the two. Not a scientific test, but all I could do at the time; and so far so good.

One thing about truncated-cone bullets is that you usually want to load them toward the shorter side of the allowable range; shorter than a roundnose fmj of the same weight would be. And if you use plated like these are, be mindful of not overcrimping, as it can damage the plating and cause serious accuracy issues.
Thanks for the feedback! Are you using Berrys plated? What OAL did you load at (as you said to load to the shorter sideof the allowable). I think you have inspired me to get the press up and running again this weekend. I had not set it back up after I moved.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:09   #169
quake

Not to turn this into the reloading forum, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnepig View Post
Casted about 350 130gr 9mm round nose projectiles the other day and set around loading a hundred rounds today. I like the Power Pistol powder as it is (was) inexpensive to buy and has pretty good power ie I have to use less than the lowest value listed in the Lee book to feel close to the same power (or recoil) as the store bought rounds. These loads/rounds are working great through our Beretta 92s, our Glocks (with stainless barrels), the wifes Kimber and our 995 carbines.
No leading issues there? I use a lot of plain old cast bullets in .38, .45acp and .45lc; but went with plated in 9mm's due to potential lead buildup concerns, and also due to some (minor) use in glocks with factory barrels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevekozak View Post
Thanks for the feedback! Are you using Berrys plated? What OAL did you load at (as you said to load to the shorter sideof the allowable). I think you have inspired me to get the press up and running again this weekend. I had not set it back up after I moved.
On the oal, I'd have to double check, but iirc right at 1.110 - 1.115 (don't hold me to that).

This batch was X-treme bullets 124 plated TC. Do have a thousand Berry's 124 plated TC on order from dillon, but don't know when they'll ship. Hopefully soon, as I've only got about 400 left on hand.

X-treme: http://www.xtremebullets.com/category-s/9666.htm

Berry's at Dillon: https://www.dillonprecision.com/#/co...BulletsBullets

The x-tremes are fine up close for drills & such, but shooting past a hundred yards or so, they're pretty erratic. The Berry's are hollow-based, making them longer oal for the same bullet weight; and the extra length (bearing surface) may(?) make for better bullet stabilization and potentially better medium- to long-range accuracy. Not a critical thing really, just figured I'd experiment with them since they're roughly the same price as the x-tremes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 04-11-2013, 18:53   #170
gnepig
Remember

Quote:
"Not to turn this into the reloading forum, but... Survival/Preparedness Forum"

"No leading issues there? I use a lot of plain old cast bullets in .38, .45acp and .45lc; but went with plated in 9mm's due to potential lead buildup concerns, and also due to some (minor) use in glocks with factory barrels."

Not when you use the bullet lube correctly, but I always fire a couple of jacketed rounds through when finished just to make sure. My friends Sig 226 likes these rounds a lot but he noticed that they lead up a lot through that gun. Must be the type of rifling?
We have the Wolf barrel for the G26 and the Fire Dragon for the G19, we have no leading issues with those. Still need to acquire a stainless barrel for the G17.

I like the Xtreme Plated brand projectiles alright but the Barry's seem better to me, I wondered why so I measured and weighed a whole box of each and the Barry's were more consistently made height, weight and width wise.
Can't seem to score a box of either lately tho.

Two days before casting a few rounds my tire shop buddy hooked me up with a 5 gallon bucket of spent wheel weights. I trade him a couple of boxes of 9mm reloaded rounds for his scrap lead = everyone is happy...

Last edited by gnepig; 04-11-2013 at 19:04..
gnepig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 19:10   #171
quake

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnepig View Post
...Can't seem to score a box of either lately tho...
Truth.

Old 04-11-2013, 19:47   #172
actionshooter10
CLM Number 19
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirgi08 View Post
10 25lb bags of sugar.'08.
Running a still?
"Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence from the hour the Pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurences and tendencies prove that to ensure peace security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable the very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
George Washington
First President of the United States
actionshooter10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 22:40   #173
-aK-

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongGun1 View Post
Try now.
Nice!
"It is a precedent fraught with danger for the country, for when Congress once begins to stretch its power beyond the limits of the Constitution, there is no limit to it and no security for the people...the Constitution, to be worth anything, must be held sacred and rigidly observed in all its provisions."--Colonel David Crockett -- A.K.A. Davy Crockett -- -- Member of the U.S. Congress 1827-31 & 1832-35 --
-aK- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 23:23   #174
LongGun1
StraightShooter

Quote:
Not to turn this into this into the reloading forum

Well....let me pile on also!

Ordered a 5 cavity, .310, flat nose w/.18 meplat, gas check, 235gr (wheel weights) mold for subsonics with the .300 Blk..

..and got on the list for a 4 cavity, .311 , gas check, hollow point 130gr mold for supersonics.

Working out a deal with a friend to cast 10k of each!

But...if the long overdue small rifle primers do not make it in..

..I may have to use some of my emergency stock!

Installed the Ergo Gapper on the new Bushmaster....much better now!

Received the new Nikon 2x7 P-300 SuperSub Scope & installed it on the AAC 300 Blk Handirifle.

"Accuracy first, Speed second.....Speed first, Accuracy never"

Last edited by LongGun1; 04-11-2013 at 23:34..
LongGun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:00   #175
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionshooter10 View Post
Running a still?

Baking/barter ect.'08.

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:28   #176
SRT76

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionshooter10 View Post
Running a still?
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByOHubCampfire1365870420.701490.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	232667

🌙🌵👀🌵

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 04-13-2013, 11:42   #177
M1A Shooter

Send a message via Yahoo to M1A Shooter
need to start storing more molasses if you like rum

as far as preps, i traded an unused compound bow for another mossberg 500. now to find some factory polymer stocks for my two pistol grip shotguns. (got two factory pistol grips and a shockwave raptor if anyone is wanting to trade...)

Last edited by M1A Shooter; 04-13-2013 at 11:44..
M1A Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:25   #178
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

acquired some used hay for the garden.

G29Reload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 17:12   #179
Stevekozak
Returning video

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT76 View Post
Attachment 232667

��������

I wouldn't mind a nip of that!
Old 04-16-2013, 08:55   #180
SRT76

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByOHubCampfire1366123916.674790.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	151.4 KB
ID:	232730

Finally found time, in between kid activities, work and play, to have the dirt delivered to finish off the garden.

Started seeds in trays two weeks ago. Will be ready to plant very soon. Okra, squash, tomatoes, herbs, peppers, cucumbers, and a lime tree.