GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-17-2013, 18:19   #21
fran m

I saw a video of this where it never shows the man who was supposedly killed. I'm sure they have strong teeth and jaws, I don't buy that it was able to get that good of a bite in on a man, who would be moving when the beaver jumped on him.
fran m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:30   #22
OfficerChris
L.A. fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to OfficerChris
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Speaking of the aquatic mammal, Wait until your property is threatened by a beaver dam or your creek is contaminated with Giardia

See how cute they are then. It happened to a good friend of mine.
could happen of course, but its not like these are our enemies and you have to "kill em all".
They need a place to live too and if you go into their territory you have to behave.
Its like going into a forest and complaining about the animals there, shooting everything on sight.

Imho nature should always be preserved as good as possible and every animal should be handled with respect and care, even if its a wild one that attacks you.
If you get attacked - get out of there, if it doesnt work or is too dangerous scare it away with pepper spray, shooting in the ground or similar - if that is too dangerous or doesnt work - kill it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
OfficerChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:45   #23
blueiron

Nuke and pave. It's the American way.
blueiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:44   #24
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerChris View Post
could happen of course, but its not like these are our enemies and you have to "kill em all".
They need a place to live too and if you go into their territory you have to behave.
Its like going into a forest and complaining about the animals there, shooting everything on sight.

Imho nature should always be preserved as good as possible and every animal should be handled with respect and care, even if its a wild one that attacks you.
If you get attacked - get out of there, if it doesnt work or is too dangerous scare it away with pepper spray, shooting in the ground or similar - if that is too dangerous or doesnt work - kill it.
"Could happen" ? are we having an internet/overseas translation problem here? It DID happen. did I not make that clear enough?

I live in "The Beaver State" and unfortunately it refers to the aquatic mammals.

Do you know what Giardia is? do you know how it is transmitted? Sorry but my State animal has no business around the human environment. Cute critters that they are, they are still a pain in the *** and a health hazard. Their 'dams" create swamps that become mosquito breeding grounds.

Did you REALLY say this,

"every animal should be handled with respect and care, even if its a wild one that attacks you."

??????

stay away from my area, where we actually live with the cuddly critters of the forest. You wouldn't like what you see. Reality bites.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:36   #25
OfficerChris
L.A. fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to OfficerChris
We have enough problems here with other animals, but still the solution cant be to declare a war against the nature - thats sick.
Sometimes they are problems for the enviroment because there are too many, they transmit diseases or other things, but its not like its their decision. The human has a big influence when it comes to this by taking their space to live. As a result you cant handle all animals like pesty little critters and just kill them.

Preserve the nature as good as possible, one day you will regret it if you dont. Thats not hippie ****, thats important.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
OfficerChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:26   #26
steveksux
Massive Member

I for one would not want to live in a world without beavers.

Can't we all just get along????

Randy
steveksux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:49   #27
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerChris View Post
We have enough problems here with other animals, but still the solution cant be to declare a war against the nature - thats sick.
Sometimes they are problems for the enviroment because there are too many, they transmit diseases or other things, but its not like its their decision. The human has a big influence when it comes to this by taking their space to live. As a result you cant handle all animals like pesty little critters and just kill them.

Preserve the nature as good as possible, one day you will regret it if you dont. Thats not hippie ****, thats important.
If we hadn't killed off the buffalo we wouldn't have much in the way of cities and, more importantly, farms in the Midwest that feed millions of people. When a herd of buffalo want to go, they will go and fences don't stop them.

Granted that is an example, but none the less a real one, and really no more extreme than the silly notion of them being cute little creatures who don't mean any harm, like some Disney movie.

Maybe, that rat I shot in the barn was "just turning his life around" and I acted "stupidly" but he was in the feed bin.

Maybe the woodpecker that was trying to drill a hole in the side of my house was looking for his misplace Obamamphone, but I doubt it.

Man is part of the world too and has his destiny to carve a niche out too.

No, I don't think we have ever regretted reducing the buffalo numbers. I don't regret that the last of the grizzlies were cleared out of my area or the fact that there are no wolves around either. I don't feel any guilt about being a human .

PS. we still shoot cougars on sight around our community. Of course we actually live here. We get a tag good for 350 days a year and two bear tags because they are &(^(^ nuisance.

I suppose our experience and the experience of the State Fish and Game commission pales in comparison to the idealistic dreams of some. Rather like the experience of gun owners pales when some liberal dreams of a perfect world without guns.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:24   #28
Napalm561

Shot one last night in the city pond with my AR-15 while I was patrolling. about 75 yards away, first shot. HUGE yellow teeth.....musta been a smoker for years. No "Use of Force " report needed, said the Chief. 10-8!

Wiping the turds of humanity from the ass of society from 1600 to midnight.
Napalm561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:18   #29
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napalm561 View Post
Shot one last night in the city pond with my AR-15 while I was patrolling. about 75 yards away, first shot. HUGE yellow teeth.....musta been a smoker for years. No "Use of Force " report needed, said the Chief. 10-8!
Did you know that the tail of a beaver roasted in the coals of a campfire was considered a delicacy by the old mountain men?
Old 04-21-2013, 10:50   #30
Patchman
Florist

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Did you know that the tail of a beaver roasted in the coals of a campfire was considered a delicacy by the old mountain men?
OK, I'm assuming this was before Chinese restaurants that deliver became common.

In a gunfight, even if you do everything right, you can still get killed.
Patchman is offline   Reply With Quote