Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-20-2013, 21:37   #1
76794p

Rant: the story of an anti gunner

I am apologize if i am in the wrong forum.

The story of my anti gunner sister

My sister is my same class in high school, but has a remarkably different view on gun ownership. The high school we go to is full of liberals and she is friends with they and the art teacher are extremly anti gun. They lack logic.

My sister used to not care about gun rights, but now she has been indoctrinated into the idea of " gun show loopholes" and that anything semi auto is evil. I have been able to resist the indoctrination and keep logic and American values.

With the NRA meeting coming to town, Houston, in two week, the art teacher and some kids want to go protest it. She does too. I am fine with that and the meeting is truly what America was founded on. Two seperate groups that have different views expressing them in the same area. Expression of the 1st and 2nd amendment rights.

That is my rant and here are my questions.

1. How do i try to bring over to my side?

2. Can she, a minor, or the art teacher try to legally bar me, an adult, from entering the meeting? I am thinking not because i am an adult. What do y'all think?

Thanks,
Pat
76794p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 22:33   #2
countrygun

Ask her to define this sinister "gun show loophole" and be prepared with fact and a copy of the law, to show her that it is simply an empty term thrown about by people who have an agenda but no facts.

Do your research, so YOU are familiar with the facts and show her how crime has gone down in the cities and States with sane concealed Carry laws.

Again, be prepared to show her how the places with the toughest "gun control" laws have the highest crime.

Do your research and be prepared to show how kids have had access to semi auto firearms (hint 1905 Winchester) and had for years without "shooting sprees. It is a societal problem not a problem with an object.

Be prepared to get her "up to speed" on the Constitution and it's meanings and purpose including the Amendments. Ask her if she thinks that more modern firearms mean that the Second Amendment should be changed, does that mean that Radio TV and the Internet should be censored because they are modern?

These are general "touchstones" that will require you to learn and be conversant with to be effective. Others can give more detailed info but I like to encourage research and true "learning'

Good Luck.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:38   #3
1gewehr

Logic and facts are the best answer.

WHY do they want 'gun control'?
If it is to reduce 'gun violence', then you merely ask why just 'gun violence'? Why not all types of violence? Once you get into that discussion, then some folks soon realize that guns are NOT the problem.
If it's because 'guns just kill people', then the discussion can get more involved. I usually ask why police and military carry guns. Whatever the answer they give, it leads to a reason why private citizens should ALSO have guns.

NEVER start arguing. As soon as you do, the other person will get defensive and stop actually considering whatever point you are trying to make. Be polite, and ask questions. Very few liberals can actually defend their beliefs with facts or logic. Asking them try to do that is usually a good place to start. Act interested and don't interrupt.
1gewehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:17   #4
OldSchool64
Platinum Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76794p View Post
I am apologize if i am in the wrong forum.

The story of my anti gunner sister

My sister is my same class in high school
, but has a remarkably different view on gun ownership. The high school we go to is full of liberals and she is friends with they and the art teacher are extremly anti gun. They lack logic.

My sister used to not care about gun rights, but now she has been indoctrinated into the idea of " gun show loopholes" and that anything semi auto is evil. I have been able to resist the indoctrination and keep logic and American values.

With the NRA meeting coming to town, Houston, in two week, the art teacher and some kids want to go protest it. She does too. I am fine with that and the meeting is truly what America was founded on. Two seperate groups that have different views expressing them in the same area. Expression of the 1st and 2nd amendment rights.

That is my rant and here are my questions.

1. How do i try to bring over to my side?

2. Can she, a minor, or the art teacher try to legally bar me, an adult, from entering the meeting? I am thinking not because i am an adult. What do y'all think?

Thanks,
Pat
Old 04-24-2013, 07:59   #5
Jeffrey Lebowski
Not a golfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchool64 View Post
This is where I am stuck myself.
Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote