Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 19:58   #1
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 45,160
Blog Entries: 64
Are you writing your Congressperson over what happened in Watertown???

You know, Watertown, the searches.

Many are saying they were unconstitutional.

Just trying to gauge how many are writing their Reps and Senators in DC asking them to begin hearings into the searches.

Are you?
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 20:44   #2
wprebeck
Got quacks?
 
wprebeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In a flooded corn field
Posts: 8,807
Nope, not a one.


BTW, one of my coworkers has a buddy on BPD SWAT. He got trigger time on the dead suspect. If I ever visit up there, I'm buying him a beer or three.
wprebeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:25   #3
OldSchool64
Platinum Membership
 
OldSchool64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: In The Danger Zone
Posts: 5,965
I probably will, at least I know I should.

I want my congressmen to know that I am not in favor of any type of militarized police action that would remotely resemble what happened in Watertown. I'd also have to include that the lockdown of Boston, miles away from the search area, seemed totally unreasonable to me.

I'm not sure exactly what I'd say but I'd keep it short and to the point. The intention would be to make them think about what is wrong with the type of police action that happened in Watertown.

Last edited by OldSchool64; 04-27-2013 at 03:43..
OldSchool64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:03   #4
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 45,160
Blog Entries: 64
wprebeck, really? "Trigger time"? Someone is going to be offended... Was he among those who spoke at that news conference?

I disagree with you not writing. Congress needs to hear all positions. Don't be shy, now...
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:34   #5
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 45,160
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchool64 View Post
I probably will, at least I know I should.

I want my congressmen to know that I am not in favor of any type of militarized police action that would remotely resemble what happened in Watertown. I'd also have to include that the lockdown of Boston, miles away from the search area, seemed totally unreasonable to me.

I'm not sure exactly what I'd say but I'd keep it short and to the point. The intention would be to make them think about what is wrong with the type of police action that happened in Watertown.
That is a probably, should, need to, don't know...

I'd say there is more "No," in there than, "Yes."
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:21   #6
Stevekozak
Returning video
 
Stevekozak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
That is a probably, should, need to, don't know...

I'd say there is more "No," in there than, "Yes."
Well, this post will certainly encouarage him if he is one the fence about it....... Russ, really, if you really want people to do it, try more positive reenforcement and less well....you. Maybe I am just cranky and caffine-less this morning.
__________________
"You fight until you die. That's the whole deal in life. PERIOD." Regular Joe
Stevekozak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:28   #7
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 45,160
Blog Entries: 64
Well, how about you? Instead of criticizing me, although it is probably more fun, how about your answer to the question.

Are you planning on contacting your Congresspersons and what will you tell them?
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:55   #8
Stevekozak
Returning video
 
Stevekozak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Well, how about you? Instead of criticizing me, although it is probably more fun, how about your answer to the question.

Are you planning on contacting your Congresspersons and what will you tell them?
No I am not planning to contact my Congress persons. I don't find criticizing you any fun at all. I like it when you are being reasonable and impartial. You have the ability and I have seen it in many threads before, but you also have the ability to be unproductively taunt-happy. I prefer the former and wish you would realize that the latter hurts whatever cause you are supporting. I would be perfectly happy to read along in these threads and never make a peep.
__________________
"You fight until you die. That's the whole deal in life. PERIOD." Regular Joe
Stevekozak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 14:59   #9
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 45,160
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevekozak View Post
No I am not planning to contact my Congress persons.
Why is that?
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 17:03   #10
OldSchool64
Platinum Membership
 
OldSchool64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: In The Danger Zone
Posts: 5,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
That is a probably, should, need to, don't know...

I'd say there is more "No," in there than, "Yes."
I'll say this...

If I don't do it within the next few days I'll get side track and blow it off. I'll get busy with other stuff and I'll keep living in my own little world thinking everything is just fine.
OldSchool64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 23:36   #11
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 45,160
Blog Entries: 64
Would any of you be more inclined to take action if an event like Watertown, the house to house search, had occurred in your home town, your state?

Would it make a difference if it was in your "back yard"?
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:25   #12
OldSchool64
Platinum Membership
 
OldSchool64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: In The Danger Zone
Posts: 5,965
FYI Russ...

At this time I believe that hearings into this matter will begin, therefore my influence is not necessary.

However, my primary concern with this matter is the heavy-handedness of the search efforts, and with the loss of Constitutional Rights of the people within the search area.

I've realized I can't put on blinders and earmuffs, I've never been one of the sheep and I never will be. If, at some point in time, I feel the need to write, I will.

Last edited by OldSchool64; 04-30-2013 at 13:07..
OldSchool64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 15:47   #13
G19G20
Status Quo 2014
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,004
Nope, I have not but I already explained why in one of the other watertown threads. I don't expect Congresscritters that are already quite comfortable ignoring the Constitution to suddenly give a crap now.
G19G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:00   #14
*ASH*
MEMBER OF 601
 
*ASH*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: nc
Posts: 22,878
im gonna write your mom and tell her you play to much online .


good grief .
__________________
Death is the wish of some, the relief of many, and the end of all.
umm excuse me are those extragent circus pants you have on ?? or do you work for a circus ?
*ASH* is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 20:01.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,442
476 Members
966 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31