GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2013, 17:51   #21
oldman11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,730
__________________
Travel light and come well balanced.
Willie Nelson as Doc Holiday
in Stagecoach
oldman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 18:09   #22
JFrame
Senior Member
 
JFrame's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Mid-Atlantic, US of A
Posts: 32,243
I'm sure Obama believes that Bill Ayers is a much finer example of an American than, say, John Adams or Thomas Jefferson... Political Issues


.
__________________
"When newspapers are controlled, it's amazing how ignorant and immune from pressure the government can be." -- Amartya Sen

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 18:22   #23
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 11,018
Quote:
OBAMA: "Unfortunately, you’ve grown up hearing voices that incessantly warn of government as nothing more than some separate, sinister entity that’s at the root of all our problems…They’ll warn that tyranny’s always lurking just around the corner.
Yes, trust Uncle Fed and just disregard that armed drone circling above your head.
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 18:44   #24
juggy4711
Nimrod Son
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Galveston County, TX
Posts: 3,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbehredt View Post
We were warned, the founders knew it would happen. I think they'd be surprised it lasted this long.
I agree. I've posted this many times and it is almost always ignored.

"In these sentiments, Sir, I agree to this Constitution with all its faults, if they are such; because I think a general Government necessary for us, and there is no form of Government but what may be a blessing to the people if well administered, and believe farther that this is likely to be well administered for a course of years, and can only end in Despotism, as other forms have done before it, when the people shall become so corrupted as to need despotic Government, being incapable of any other." - Ben Frankiln

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
Where did he say to reject the founders words? I get that the person writing the article is accusing him of it. But I didn't see him quoted as actually saying it.
You can't possibly be that dense.
juggy4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 19:14   #25
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggy4711 View Post
You can't possibly be that dense.
Insulting me won't make your imaginary quote magically appear. If he told people to ignore the founding fathers... You should have no problem providing the quote.
__________________
Pascal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Theory:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Grace:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Big Bang:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 19:37   #26
juggy4711
Nimrod Son
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Galveston County, TX
Posts: 3,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
Insulting me won't make your imaginary quote magically appear. If he told people to ignore the founding fathers... You should have no problem providing the quote.
It won't? Ah crap then I take it back. You are that dense.
juggy4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 19:38   #27
Michael Rye
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
Insulting me won't make your imaginary quote magically appear. If he told people to ignore the founding fathers... You should have no problem providing the quote.
It's not a quote.

Obama tells OSU grads to reject the Founding Fathers' voices. That's the thread title.

I can tell you to do something in such a way as not to actually leave you with something to quote me on.

Following the ideas in his speech would be a rejection of the Founders beliefs.

Make sense?
Michael Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 19:43   #28
Grayson
Senior Member
 
Grayson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,129


Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
funny, didnt the democrats/liberals say just the opposite during the hippie phase?
I'm too young to remember the Hippie times.

I'm NOT too young to remember the BushII years...seems like the Dems weren't all lovey-dovey with the government then either. I remember how "questioning the government IS patriotic" came from many 'a Dems lips then....
__________________
GRNC. NRA, GOA Life
Keep doing 2A activism - each one of us is carrying at least 20 lazy gun owners that can't be bothered to!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
make it SUPER EASY!

Call the Senate on Bloomberg's dime: 855-440-4800
Grayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 20:39   #29
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggy4711 View Post
It won't? Ah crap then I take it back. You are that dense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Rye View Post
It's not a quote.

Obama tells OSU grads to reject the Founding Fathers' voices. That's the thread title.

I can tell you to do something in such a way as not to actually leave you with something to quote me on.

Following the ideas in his speech would be a rejection of the Founders beliefs.

Make sense?
I see... so we all agree he didn't actually say what you're accusing him of saying? Sure... if you hate a person enough you can take whatever they say and try and inject a double meaning that threatens your ideas and beliefs just so you can hate them even more. But in reality... as in... the real world where facts matter... he didn't actually say it.

"Unfortunately, you’ve grown up hearing voices that incessantly warn of government as nothing more than some separate, sinister entity that’s at the root of all our problems…They’ll warn that tyranny’s always lurking just around the corner. You should reject these voices. Because what they suggest is that our brave and creative and unique experiment in self-rule is somehow just a sham with which we can’t be trusted."

No mention of the founding fathers at all. As someone who really isn't biased, what he appears to be saying is to not listen to anyone that says making America great is a lost cause. That even our leaders are citizens and those that say the government is too broke to fix and evil to the core go against it's most basic principles. I'm not crazy about Obama either. But you guys hate him, with a venom that really makes you kinda crazy. He's a president. His time will pass and there'll be some other tool to ***** about shortly.
__________________
Pascal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Theory:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Grace:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Big Bang:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 21:08   #30
juggy4711
Nimrod Son
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Galveston County, TX
Posts: 3,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
I see... so we all agree he didn't actually say what you're accusing him of saying? Sure... if you hate a person enough you can take whatever they say and try and inject a double meaning that threatens your ideas and beliefs just so you can hate them even more. But in reality... as in... the real world where facts matter... he didn't actually say it.

"Unfortunately, you’ve grown up hearing voices that incessantly warn of government as nothing more than some separate, sinister entity that’s at the root of all our problems…They’ll warn that tyranny’s always lurking just around the corner. You should reject these voices. Because what they suggest is that our brave and creative and unique experiment in self-rule is somehow just a sham with which we can’t be trusted."

No mention of the founding fathers at all. As someone who really isn't biased, what he appears to be saying is to not listen to anyone that says making America great is a lost cause. That even our leaders are citizens and those that say the government is too broke to fix and evil to the core go against it's most basic principles. I'm not crazy about Obama either. But you guys hate him, with a venom that really makes you kinda crazy. He's a president. His time will pass and there'll be some other tool to ***** about shortly.
While I do not blame you for not being aware of my posting history, as I am not the most outspoken or prolific poster in GTPI, you are still that dense. I challenge you to find one, just one, post where I have demonstrated an irrational hate of Obama. In fact I have received grief at times when I didn't tow the "Obama is the worst ever" line. I have been called many a name just because I don't think Obama is the dumbest person ever.

Distrusting the government is a stance of the Founders is it not? Obama plain as day indicated that folks should reject that. If you require him to plainly state "reject the words of Founders" to perceive that was the intent of his statements then you are unable to understand context.

You are barking up the wrong tree trying to pin me as some birther. And yes you're biased as demonstrated by your responses.
juggy4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 21:09   #31
oldman11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggy4711 View Post
It won't? Ah crap then I take it back. You are that dense.
You can't win this argument juggy. It looks like he is an Obama lover and you know you can't win any argument with them. I understand what you are saying, and so does he, but he won't admit it.
__________________
Travel light and come well balanced.
Willie Nelson as Doc Holiday
in Stagecoach
oldman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 21:33   #32
juggy4711
Nimrod Son
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Galveston County, TX
Posts: 3,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman11 View Post
You can't win this argument juggy. It looks like he is an Obama lover and you know you can't win any argument with them. I understand what you are saying, and so does he, but he won't admit it.
I'm well aware of that. I wouldn't even go as far as to say G36 is an Obama lover. But for whatever reason, likely political cowardice, he feels the need to take such a stance. It's probably Emersonian consistency.
juggy4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 22:02   #33
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggy4711 View Post
Distrusting the government is a stance of the Founders is it not? Obama plain as day indicated that folks should reject that.
No he didn't. He indicated they they should reject that it is sinister and the cause of all problems. That tyranny is just around the corner. He never stated that the founding father's voices should be reject or even the notion that government should be held responsible to its people. He clearly is saying to reject the notion that government and politicians are evil. And that it isn't impossible to change the future. Like I said I'm no fan of Obama but because I'm not part of the lynch mob... I must be. I think he's making terrible mistakes left and right. He is my president though, so I want him to do well. It's in all of our best interest for him to do well. Despite the fact that he isn't... his comments weren't a rejection of democracy or the voices of the founders here.

Quote:
If you require him to plainly state "reject the words of Founders" to perceive that was the intent of his statements then you are unable to understand context.
Let's look at the context shall we. He's talking to a group of young people. Possible future leaders. Kids that are probably smart enough, that one speech isn't going to brain wash them. Their minds are probably already somewhat decided on their political leanings for the moment. Which do you think is more likely... he's attacking the founders or he's telling them the future is their's for the making? You think he's trying to tell them to toss the American idea... or is he telling them it's not too broke to fix?

Quote:
You are barking up the wrong tree trying to pin me as some birther.
Never said the word birther. You feeling guilty or something?

Quote:
And yes you're biased as demonstrated by your responses.
Yes I must be biased, I don't hate Obama enough to twist anything he says into a threat to democracy.
__________________
Pascal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Theory:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Grace:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Big Bang:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 22:06   #34
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggy4711 View Post
political cowardice
I don't even know what that means. Am I afraid of politics or afraid of politicians or what?
__________________
Pascal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Theory:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Grace:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Big Bang:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 22:09   #35
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman11 View Post
It looks like he is an Obama lover
Right... because I'm not frothing at the mouth with hatred of him to the point of making up nonsense to damn him... I must just love him to death. You sound like one of the crazies I was talking about. You don't have to agree with him... but he is your leader... you should hope he does well. But you're so blinded by your Us Vs Them hatred that you're content to be part of the problem.
__________________
Pascal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Theory:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Grace:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Big Bang:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 22:18   #36
snerd
Senior Member
 
snerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
... but he is your leader.........
I can think of "nothing" that he has "lead" us on. Nothing. He always slinks off into the background and let's the issue try to resolve itself. Any other view is delusional.
__________________
November 2014 - The Republicans Take the Senate & Keep the House! Get Out and Rock the Vote!! Yes, YOU!!
snerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 22:37   #37
juggy4711
Nimrod Son
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Galveston County, TX
Posts: 3,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
...Like I said I'm no fan of Obama but because I'm not part of the lynch mob... I must be...
You are stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggy4711 View Post
...I wouldn't even go as far as to say G36 is an Obama lover...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
Yes I must be biased, I don't hate Obama enough to twist anything he says into a threat to democracy.
Thank God we don't live in a democracy. At least we are not supposed to.
juggy4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 22:41   #38
juggy4711
Nimrod Son
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Galveston County, TX
Posts: 3,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
I don't even know what that means. Am I afraid of politics or afraid of politicians or what?
It means you're to chicken **** to state things the way they are because you're afraid you will be labeled a racist or some other such nonsense.
juggy4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 23:09   #39
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.
 
kirgi08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Acme proving grounds.
Posts: 28,074
Blog Entries: 1


__________________
I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 23:21   #40
TxGun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Family ranch in Texas
Posts: 2,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFrame View Post
I'm sure Obama believes that Bill Ayers is a much finer example of an American than, say, John Adams or Thomas Jefferson... Political Issues


.
Yeah, that sounds like what the socialist a_ _hole just might believe .
TxGun is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 13:16.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 947
275 Members
672 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31