GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-04-2013, 19:33   #21
fastbolt

My Benchmade 555HGPNK Mel Pardue design Mini Hollow Ground Griptilian has 154CM steel, a 2.9" blade ... and a hot pink handle.

I picked it up for under $70 at a cop shop, where it was sitting unsold because it was a pink knife in a display case filled with black tactical knives.

I thought it was a deal for the 154CM steel, the Axis lock and the less than 3" blade (as I sometimes travel to a couple places where LB's with blade lengths over 3" are prohibited ... but I can carry a concealed handgun under LEOSA ).

Larger version (in black)

Probably find them elsewhere for similar pricing, but speed & cost of shipping probably varies, too.
Sub Club #9; .40 S&W Club #1953; S&W Club #3913
Retired LE - firearms instructor/armorer

Last edited by fastbolt; 05-04-2013 at 19:35..
fastbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:54   #22
FireForged
Millenium #3936

Kershaw leek
Old 05-13-2013, 14:34   #23
G26AZ

I used to EDC a Spyderco Endura, but then on a whim picked up a Benchmade Griptillian (full size). It quickly became my EDC because of the axis lock system on it. It is the most solid locking system that I personally have ever tried - feels like a fixed blade when its open. but, its also quick and easy to close when you are finished with it.

I bought my daughter a Mini-Grip (in pink of course) to carry in her purse for times if her date started getting a little too frisky . . .

To me, the Griptillian is one of the best values for the money out there for EDC knives.
G26AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 18:22   #24
SCSU74
St. Cloud Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbolt View Post
My Benchmade 555HGPNK Mel Pardue design Mini Hollow Ground Griptilian has 154CM steel, a 2.9" blade ... and a hot pink handle.

I picked it up for under $70 at a cop shop, where it was sitting unsold because it was a pink knife in a display case filled with black tactical knives.

I thought it was a deal for the 154CM steel, the Axis lock and the less than 3" blade (as I sometimes travel to a couple places where LB's with blade lengths over 3" are prohibited ... but I can carry a concealed handgun under LEOSA ).

Amazon.com: Benchmade Pardue Design Axis Pink Mini-Griptilian Hollowground Modified Sheepsfoot with Ambidexterous Thumb Holes: Sports & Outdoors

Amazon.com: Benchmade Knife 550HG Griptilian Pardue Plain Edge Folding Knife with Hole Opener and Black Handle".: Sports & Outdoors

Probably find them elsewhere for similar pricing, but speed & cost of shipping probably varies, too.
well it happend again I have way too much time on my hands so I sent in my 551 to have the blade replaced with a 550BK blade. I'm going to swap that blade with my order from today:

http://www.benchmade.com/products/551-1304

I think the black blade and black/blue G10 handles are going to look awesome! I love the 500 blade, I have been playing with my spyderco's a lot and the axis lock makes the spydie openings even faster/smoother. I'll post pics once everything comes in.
Old 05-15-2013, 22:13   #25
plp

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbolt View Post

Amazon.com: Benchmade Pardue Design Axis Pink Mini-Griptilian Hollowground Modified Sheepsfoot with Ambidexterous Thumb Holes: Sports & Outdoors

Amazon.com: Benchmade Knife 550HG Griptilian Pardue Plain Edge Folding Knife with Hole Opener and Black Handle".: Sports & Outdoors

Used to work with Mr. Pardue, somewhere in the shed have a machete he made that weighs a ton. I can't imagine he would've endorsed a pink handle, but then again he always had a great sense of humor. As a surveyor, then again he may have specifically designed it that way for high visibility, now that I think about it it actually makes sense.

I'm more utilitarian than tactical, have always carried a Victorinox Swiss Army knife as my #1 EDC. They are just hard to beat, tend to use the screwdrivers and bottle opener more than the blades. Very well made, will hold a razor edge better and longer than most 440 stainless, and are typically fairly small. #2 EDC is a cheapo 5" folder that I removed the handle planks from, about 3/8" wide and weighs next to nothing, fits in my back pocket next to my wallet. I can sit all day and never know it is there and open it is about 8", plenty big enough for just about anything that requires a larger blade.
plp is offline   Reply With Quote