Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-06-2013, 20:28   #1
ashecht

Another Walmart score!

Called a local Walmart tonite asking about 9mm or .45 ammo. Was told no 9 but alot of .45. Alot was an understatement. I would estimate at least 150 boxes of Winchester in the case. Since wife and son were with me I picked up 9 boxes. Clerk told me had at least 250 more boxes in the back. He also told that corporate has put a hold on any orders for 9mm. If it comes in, great, but stores cannot order it from corporate. Any day with 500 rounds of anything is a GOOD day
Ruger SR1911 Commander
Colt LE6920
ashecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:05   #2
Brucev

Excellent! Buy what you can, where you can, when you can! Buy it before the scalpers buy it, then reprice it and put it up for auction.
Brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 00:10   #3
DAIadvisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucev View Post
Excellent! Buy what you can, where you can, when you can! Buy it before the scalpers buy it, then reprice it and put it up for auction.
Wrong - that's just feeding the problem. Don't buy it just because you can, where you can as much as you can. Take a break, and chill out for a few months. Let the situation stabilize and then buy whatever you need. But hey, it's just me.
DAIadvisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:31   #4
G23c

thats a lot of .45. good to hear.
G23c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:42   #5
newgene

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashecht View Post
He also told that corporate has put a hold on any orders for 9mm.
That's a very informed clerk.
newgene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:53   #6
packeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgene View Post
That's a very informed clerk.
Local walmart had lots of 9mm. A few cases worth.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
packeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:09   #7
matt_lowry123

I haven't seen ammo at walmart for a solid 6 months. I'm just glad I already had my pile of ammo.
matt_lowry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 19:28   #8
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_lowry123 View Post
I haven't seen ammo at walmart for a solid 6 months. I'm just glad I already had my pile of ammo.
It's very scarce in the WMs around here too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 19:28   #9
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashecht View Post
Called a local Walmart tonite asking about 9mm or .45 ammo. Was told no 9 but alot of .45. Alot was an understatement. I would estimate at least 150 boxes of Winchester in the case. Since wife and son were with me I picked up 9 boxes. Clerk told me had at least 250 more boxes in the back. He also told that corporate has put a hold on any orders for 9mm. If it comes in, great, but stores cannot order it from corporate. Any day with 500 rounds of anything is a GOOD day
Very cool

Congrats!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 21:08   #10
08Dawg

Had good luck with my local Wal-Mart tonight. I decided to randomly wander in around 9:15 this evening, and they had one 50 rd box of .40 WWB for $18.95 and two 250 rd boxes of .40 Remington UMC for $89.95 on the shelf. I took the .40 WWB and one of the 250s. Also saw at least one 250 pack of .45 Rem and some smaller boxes (Hornady, maybe?) of .38. Didn't see any 9mil or .22, though, but I didn't look that hard. Only problem was I had to stand around for a good fifteen to twenty minutes before somebody would actually sell me some ammo. Nobody seemed very eager to try and sell me something.

Last edited by 08Dawg; 06-10-2013 at 21:09..
08Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 21:53   #11
WinterWizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAIadvisor View Post
Wrong - that's just feeding the problem. Don't buy it just because you can, where you can as much as you can. Take a break, and chill out for a few months. Let the situation stabilize and then buy whatever you need. But hey, it's just me.
I agree. And not only that, people need to stop buying if the prices are stupid. If you continue to pay the inflated prices, they will continue to charge them. Just like if you continue to go to stupid movies, they will continue to make them. You can just say no, and if enough people do so, they are forced to change. Simple as that. Unfortunately, most people are dumb and can't control their buying impulses.
WinterWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:17   #12
newgene

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterWizard View Post
I agree. And not only that, people need to stop buying if the prices are stupid. If you continue to pay the inflated prices, they will continue to charge them. Just like if you continue to go to stupid movies, they will continue to make them. You can just say no, and if enough people do so, they are forced to change. Simple as that. Unfortunately, most people are dumb and can't control their buying impulses.
Last night was a good night at WM. I didn't buy anything and they only had 7 boxes of 225 ct 22LR, but it was a great night. I walked up with 3 guys already at the counter. One more came while I was standing there. They brought out the 7 boxes, but myself and one other guy walked off because we didn't need any of it. The first guy who waited 2 hours bought his 3 boxes. The second guy only bought 2 boxes, and the guy who showed up at the fifth slot, bought the last 2. Yeah, it got wiped out, but I was proud of folks for not buying 22LR just because it was there.

I think people are getting tired of stocking up. If you truly are not going to shoot the ammo, it does not make financial sense to just buy it. First of all, you will have more opportunities by the end of the year, and why pay for something now when you can defer the cost into the future. Unless you think ammo will be outlawed or undergo some steady-state price increase, you actually lose money to buy it too soon.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:57   #13
ShallNotBeInfringed
NRA Business Al

The ammo problem is multi fold, and complex. The short of it, is buy what you can, any way you can, if you can afford it, because tomorrow could be worse.

In the future, if and when supplies build back strong again, every trip past a ammo display, purchase some for a rainy day. Keep it out of the reach of others, keep it dry and away from solvents, and always keep adding religiously to your stash.

Ammo is a good bartering coin, good for buying things in a depression. One can never have enough ammo.

How much is the amount where it starts to become a good stash? 1,000 rounds per gun Xs each family member. If you have 10 guns and five family members, the 200 rounds you now have is only 49,800 short.

Keep buying, the gov is, that you can count on, and they are using your money.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Ohub Campfire mobile app

Last edited by ShallNotBeInfringed; 06-11-2013 at 05:58..
ShallNotBeInfringed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:12   #14
jknight8907

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShallNotBeInfringed View Post
The ammo problem is multi fold, and complex. The short of it, is buy what you can, any way you can, if you can afford it, because tomorrow could be worse.

In the future, if and when supplies build back strong again, every trip past a ammo display, purchase some for a rainy day. Keep it out of the reach of others, keep it dry and away from solvents, and always keep adding religiously to your stash.

Ammo is a good bartering coin, good for buying things in a depression. One can never have enough ammo.

How much is the amount where it starts to become a good stash? 1,000 rounds per gun Xs each family member. If you have 10 guns and five family members, the 200 rounds you now have is only 49,800 short.

Keep buying, the gov is, that you can count on, and they are using your money.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Ohub Campfire mobile app
50k rounds? Planning on invading a small country?

Sent via teletype
jknight8907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 21:41   #15
Boot Stomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_lowry123 View Post

Same here. Early December was last time I seen ammo at Walmart. Other that 30/30, 270 or shotgun shells.
Boot Stomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:39   #16
newgene

Last night was the first time I've seen 325 ct packs of 22 on the shelves at WM with no line. I actually wasn't going to buy it, but I called my brother, and he said he's still hunting it down. So, I bought 3 boxes for him. He then drove up there and bought the last 2 boxes probably about 15 minutes later. They also had 44 wwb, 9mm federal 100 ct, rem 380, and rem 38 special. I even saw some 22 magnum. The day before, I passed on the 225 ct rem 22 boxes. However, when I told my brother I passed, he said he wished he would have known. Well, now he has 1625 rounds of it. He did have to wait a day.

All this, and I still can't find .223/5.56 brass case.

Last edited by newgene; 06-12-2013 at 04:40..
Old 06-12-2013, 14:18   #17
MEspin

Anyone notice that http://ammo-can.net/ is not giving inventory updates anymore? I've had no luck with walmart in the Baltimore area.
MEspin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 17:04   #18
WinterWizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShallNotBeInfringed View Post
No offense, but this is exactly the mentality I speak of. This mentality and those who spread it are the reason we have an extreme ammo shortage.
WinterWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 20:23   #19
Glock26z

I see these at gun shows and I have to laugh at the buyers spending to much monies for their ridiculas pricings. I buy wholsale from the factories with our license. If you see to high of prices on the tables of ammo comparedto the stores,walk away. these peoples are looking to make big profits from your wallets. IT IS SAD THAT IT HAS TO COME TO THIS but,they are the ones that are going to shut down the gun shows.
Glock26z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 22:43   #20
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterWizard View Post
No offense, but this is exactly the mentality I speak of. This mentality and those who spread it are the reason we have an extreme ammo shortage.

Bingo. The "bunker" mentality is killing us all. Many seem to have some delusion of holing up in their "Alpine Redoubt" while holding off veritable waves of attackers bent on stealing their precious staples.

Meanwhile, the ammo companies are laughing all the way to the bank.
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote