SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-18-2013, 08:43   #61
Jim S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewsky View Post
I sold the old Wingmaster my father gave me. I had no use for it.
That's fine as long as you did what you wanted to do.
My humble opinion is this...
Nothing feels better than an old and well used Wingmaster.

$460.00 into the new gun. How much did you get for the old gun?
Hopefully at least $200.00.
Old 06-21-2013, 14:19   #62
glocksmith02

What cops did for years and years is called transition to sidearm, because the shotgun is now useless...

Aippi I saw that a lot during qualifications and scenario based training too. We used to have monthly stress shoots. Honestly, after we did that for a while and everyone put more rounds through the shotguns, proficiency improved a lot. Then we traded for 11-87's.

Rutgersgrad, I just bough a new 870p this week, model 24407. I would be totally uninterested in an express model. The 870p is far superior. That being said I wish I had the wingmaster I bought in 1968 back again. But if I had it, it would be for limited use, and treated like a prize possession.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:00   #63
vram74

Think about it: If you should ever find yourself in a situation that requires you to "use" your shotgun, would you prefer the Police haul off your store bought 870 or the one your Dad gave you?

**Edit** Just now read that you sold it. You'll regret that. I regret getting rid of the guns my dad gave me.

Last edited by vram74; 06-22-2013 at 08:02..
vram74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 20:07   #64
RutgersGrad

Send a message via AIM to RutgersGrad
Quote:
Originally Posted by glocksmith02 View Post
What cops did for years and years is called transition to sidearm, because the shotgun is now useless...

Aippi I saw that a lot during qualifications and scenario based training too. We used to have monthly stress shoots. Honestly, after we did that for a while and everyone put more rounds through the shotguns, proficiency improved a lot. Then we traded for 11-87's.

Rutgersgrad, I just bough a new 870p this week, model 24407. I would be totally uninterested in an express model. The 870p is far superior. That being said I wish I had the wingmaster I bought in 1968 back again. But if I had it, it would be for limited use, and treated like a prize possession.

I actually decided to get a 870P and I love it too . And in case anybody got me confused with another poster on this thread I did not sell my Dad's old Wingmaster. I had my reasons why I decided to get an 870P and I'm happy in my choice For one, my Dad probably wouldn't like if I made any modifications to it so I figured I might as well leave it as is and get my own in the config that I want.

Last edited by RutgersGrad; 06-28-2013 at 13:23..
RutgersGrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:18   #65
MStarmer
In Jail...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vram74 View Post
Think about it: If you should ever find yourself in a situation that requires you to "use" your shotgun, would you prefer the Police haul off your store bought 870 or the one your Dad gave you?

**Edit** Just now read that you sold it. You'll regret that. I regret getting rid of the guns my dad gave me.

I honestly never understood this thinking? You see it a lot in the 1911 forums. If I am ever involved in a shooting (and survive) where the gun ends up and in what condition I get it back in (if ever) is of no concern to me. If I get a rusted hulk of a 1911 back and it's engraved and stamped with property numbers so be it. That gun has served it's purpose and deserves a place on my wall or desk. I'm sure if I used a weapon passed on to me my dad would rest well knowing it protected me and my family, not that it's sitting in a room somewhere...
Old 06-23-2013, 12:08   #66
glock2740
Gun lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.Kiser View Post
A new 870 will be a downgrade...
Quote:
Originally Posted by vafish View Post
I'd rather have the 44 year old Wingmaster with the 20" barrel than a brand new 870P.
OP, these are your answers right here.
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:09   #67
aippi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roneye View Post
Flex tab system, slide, carrier and bolt - Remington part number F93339

Separate

Breech Bolt assembly F93915 (police)
Carrier Assembly F102190
Slide F401023

I think these numbers are correct might want to check with JD just to confirm.

Correct parts. The Breech bolt is $100, the carrier $20 and the slide is $22. So total is $142. Now the killer.... the flex tab conversion kit with all three parts is F93339 and is $87 but is LE restricted. Yet some guys have been lucky and got the right cubical clown to sell them one. Brownells list the kit for $99 but seems to always be sold out. So if Brownells can sell the kit to civilains Remington should.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Remington LE Armorer
Mossberg LE Armorer
aippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:29   #68
Browner

I went to a gun store in Jackson Michigan 2 days ago and asked them about a 870p. The first guy didn't know anything about 870 police models. However the other guy that came out was a retried cop. He knew more about them then I did. He found one at one of their distributors for a retail 810. He sold it to me for 740 plus tax. So I ordered it and hopefully will see it next week. The one I got had the mag ex, rifle sights, and reg but stock with recoil pad. I will add a Mesa stock later. Ron
Browner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 21:06   #69
Nestor
Lean & Mean

Looks like the prices on 870P are creeping up.
On top of that the new flexi-tab kit is nearly impossible to find and I've heard the rumours that Remington is classifying this kit as LE part only these days. So if You are planning to buy the older Wingmaster and modify it later with the flexi-tab kit...it may be difficult to accomplish actually.
I just bought a complete 3" Wingmaster receiver from the early 90's already equipped in the flexi-tab. High gloss stock and forend. That will be my next build...or skeet gun, since a friend of mine is trying to get me into this sport.

R.I.P Jeff (23Skidoo), Chad (CJLandry) & Mark (Okie) You all will be missed.
Nestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 22:14   #70
Browner

My 870P came in today. It took 2 Weeks to get it, but it was worth it. I'm looking at adding a Knoxx stock later maybe. The other 870P that I could have ordered had the Knoxx stock but were 5 shot tubes. So I went for the 7 shot, then I can add the Knoxx stock later. Ron
Browner is offline   Reply With Quote