Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-02-2013, 22:18   #1
TRDownShift

Hi, New G23 owner.

Hey guys, My name is Alex, I just got my first gun, not so much for self defense but, what happened was a buddy of mine took me to the range one day and let me shoot his G27, and I just though it was a Ball.

So I picked up a G23 because I wanted something a little bigger, and in the same caliber, but not quite full size. I'll be taking the 23 to the range for the first time tomorrow :D

I do however have a few questions (a few good stupid ones too) I guess, for my first question, I'm a car guy, and I love tuning and customizing my cars, so it would only make sense for me to want to do the same to my gun :P

I've been doing some looking and there's all kinds of "upgrades" and accessories for these things and it looks kinda neat but... I have also read somewhere that glocks being great guns and all dont take too well to "upgrades".. things like the gun going off two or three times (or even unloading the mag) can happen if you try to change the trigger and I found one neato thing that might help with the .40 S&W "snap" being a recoil spring upgrade but someone told me that can cause the gun to jam if the new spring makes the reload action too fast.

So I guess my real question is can you guys tell this n00b what some good upgrades would be vs some bad ones?

My next question runs into that "stupid question" category that I spoke of before :P .... annnnnd.... are there any earbud style (or over ear) headphones that will cancel out enough noise to be used as ear protection inside an indoor range? lol sorry I know it's a STUPID question, but i'm a stupid kid who may not mind rockin out a bit while I drop a few mags :P

*puts on flame retardant suit*

One last question, even though I got this gun 90% for the range I plan on getting my CHL really just because I can (that and transporting it will become easier) What i wanted to know was A: how well does this gun "conceal" And B: is really for any carry guys here in texas, how stingy are austin cops about "printing" because like I said T-SHIRTS lol there will be printing, at least a little while bending over, I mean, do people really have a **** fit if they catch a little peek of the handle or something stupid like that?
TRDownShift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 22:38   #2
skeeter7
Brass Vulture

Just shoot it as is for a while before you start tinkering with it. If it aint broke, dont fix it...
NECC #401
skeeter7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:56   #3
bac1023

Welcome and congrats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:30   #4
mymini40

Welcome to the forum!
mymini40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 21:56   #5
Glock40man

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter7 View Post
Just shoot it as is for a while before you start tinkering with it. If it aint broke, dont fix it...

Welcome to GT.
Old 06-04-2013, 14:45   #6
pipedreams

Enjoy GT....................

Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.
pipedreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 21:02   #7
Paul53
Geezer Boomer

Howdy! 23 is a fine gun. Really, for now put all your money into practice ammo. Eventually your Glock will tell you what to buy.

Example: my glove size is 3XL. All the add on money has gone towards making my 19 (same size as a 23) easier for my big paws.

If your gun came with the stock sites (plastic), most people consider them just factory place holders till the owner buys a real set of sights. But even then, try every set of sites you can find until one tells you it's the right one for you.

This will save you from wasting money like changing the halogen in your headlights.
Old 06-04-2013, 21:27   #8
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

Welcome to GT.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:06   #9
ca survivor

ca survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:51   #10
TRDownShift

Thanks for the welcome guys, and yeah, You're right paul, I Just got to put the first 100 rounds through the gun yesterday and I love it, but the "stock" sights are very much so poopie :P I found to hit what I'm aiming for I have to aim up and to the right lol and it was only at about 15~20 yards >.<" So yes, new sights are first on the list :P
TRDownShift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:51   #11
oily_oink
###########

From Michigan!