GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2013, 01:41   #10501
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee
 
Lone_Wolfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: This side of a tombstone
Posts: 26,370


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
Already in prayer for your surgery today. God speed! Let us know when you are able to get online. Hugs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Praying everything will go well. I did not know you was having another.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
I pray that it will. Let us know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
More prayers inbound!
Thanks very much, my friends. Surgery turned out to be a lot more involved than my surgeon or I had anticipated. It was a revision to get my breasts to match better, but she ran into a few problems. She called the surgery a success, but I've got some new incisions to add to the tapestry known as my chest. I've been sedated and in a lot of pain today, but the kind of pain that'll subside in a few days. The downside is that I'm back on limiting restrictions for at least a week. But not near as bad as when I had the mastectomy/reconstruction.

The prayers are greatly appreciated.
__________________
NRA Benefactor Member++++++SAF Life Member+++++++++++

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:27   #10502
engineer151515
_______________
 
engineer151515's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 20,096




Many prayers.
__________________
A picture is worth a thousand words but you can't see what those shades of gray keep covered. You should have seen it in color. - Jamey Johnson - In Color
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:29   #10503
jakebrake
cracker
 
jakebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: too close to philly
Posts: 7,295
praying for ya, love.

rest as much as you can while keeping us informed.
__________________
21 clubmember #629 freemasons clubmember # 57
Kalashnikov klub member # 413 black rifle club # 830
The road to Hell is paved with good intent
jakebrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:36   #10504
Lady Glock
Senior Member
 
Lady Glock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 3,495
Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
More and more prayers Wolfe! Gentle hugs.
__________________
This is ok, right? I'm not breaking any rules or making anyone mad at me for this comment, Right?

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:38   #10505
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289
 
DustyJacket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Missouri, East of KC
Posts: 5,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
... I've got some new incisions to add to the tapestry known as my chest...
Once the pain diminishes, you should get a chest tattoo.
Kinda like the one circulating on the internet (but not as large) of the woman who had a double mastectomy with no reconstruction.
__________________
"...our quick technology allows use to indulge our deepest stupidity and tastelessness with out first thinking...."
DustyJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:02   #10506
flyover
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Western Kansas
Posts: 368
Sorry to hear that you needed more surgery. Glad to hear you are doing ok. More prayers inbound for you.
flyover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:45   #10507
VC-Racing
General Flunky
 
VC-Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: S.Fork of The Edisto River, SC
Posts: 2,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
I'm sure what my old self would say to me isn't much nicer. I could get 'earthy' back then, too.

I'm having another surgery in the morning, hopefully my last cancer related. Hopefully the last surgery on my chest for any reason! I don't think redoing any of the repairs would help at this late date, and the VA doc said the same thing. Hope this one goes well, I'm sure it will.
Just saw this. ...... We're praying for you ....



Vic and Lynne

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
__________________
Son, never kick a fresh cow turd on a hot day .. Hank Jr. On "The View".
VC-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:01   #10508
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp
 
Magnus2131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kansas
Posts: 11,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Thanks very much, my friends. Surgery turned out to be a lot more involved than my surgeon or I had anticipated. It was a revision to get my breasts to match better, but she ran into a few problems. She called the surgery a success, but I've got some new incisions to add to the tapestry known as my chest. I've been sedated and in a lot of pain today, but the kind of pain that'll subside in a few days. The downside is that I'm back on limiting restrictions for at least a week. But not near as bad as when I had the mastectomy/reconstruction.

The prayers are greatly appreciated.
Hopefully your last surgery ever. Enough ok?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
LW would have laughed that round off her chest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 00:22   #10509
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee
 
Lone_Wolfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: This side of a tombstone
Posts: 26,370


Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
: angel:: angel:

Many prayers.
Thank you.



Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
praying for ya, love.

rest as much as you can while keeping us informed.
Thank you.

Doing OK today, still having a lot of pain in several areas besides the normal pain.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
More and more prayers Wolfe! Gentle hugs.
Thank you. back



Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyJacket View Post
Once the pain diminishes, you should get a chest tattoo.
Kinda like the one circulating on the internet (but not as large) of the woman who had a double mastectomy with no reconstruction.
I'm not sure I'm tracking here. A tatoo of a woman who'd had a mastectomy on my chest?



Quote:
Originally Posted by flyover View Post
Sorry to hear that you needed more surgery. Glad to hear you are doing ok. More prayers inbound for you.
It was unexpected, just turned out to be more and longer than expected.

Thank you.



Quote:
Originally Posted by VC-Racing View Post
Just saw this. ...... We're praying for you ....



Vic and Lynne
Thank you both. BTW, how is Lynne doing?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Hopefully your last surgery ever. Enough ok? : hugs:
I really like that idea!
__________________
NRA Benefactor Member++++++SAF Life Member+++++++++++

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 02:08   #10510
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289
 
DustyJacket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Missouri, East of KC
Posts: 5,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
...not sure I'm tracking here. A tatoo of a woman who'd had a mastectomy on my chest?
No. A tattoo like the other woman got. Hide the scars.

Google Mastectomy Tattoos - If I paste a link or photo here, I'll get another infraction.....

There are many styles depending on the scar locations. One, even looks like a flowery halter top.
__________________
"...our quick technology allows use to indulge our deepest stupidity and tastelessness with out first thinking...."
DustyJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 19:49   #10511
VC-Racing
General Flunky
 
VC-Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: S.Fork of The Edisto River, SC
Posts: 2,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post





Thank you both. BTW, how is Lynne doing?





She's doing well. We just went back to the plastic surgeon last week and scheduled her next procedure for October , then go back to the oncologist in September . We'll keep praying for you .........




Vic



sent from a Toshiba Thrive via the Ohub Campfire app
__________________
Son, never kick a fresh cow turd on a hot day .. Hank Jr. On "The View".
VC-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 18:42   #10512
sawgrass
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,312
LW I hope you are beginning to feel better from the recent surgery.
Not sure if this was an alignment or tissue or both but hopefully you're on the mend and will benefit from it. You are in my thoughts.

On a bit of a side note, S and I are getting married.
Neither of us ever thought that we would have this opportunity. Fortunately we have the love and support of family and friends. S'es 98 year old Aunt might as happy as we are. Love truly is kind if we choose to allow it. We narrowed down the cake choices today and are working on the flowers. Neither of us has much of an idea of what we are doing that way. We see 1911's and Mosin's evaporating into the sky with every check that we sign.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
I've learned over the years that if you don't get exactly what you want, you'll never satisfy the desire. :cool:

Last edited by sawgrass; 08-05-2013 at 18:44..
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 21:42   #10513
Steel Head
Tactical Cat
 
Steel Head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: the cat box
Posts: 4,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Hopefully your last surgery ever. Enough ok?
No kidding.

Hope you feel better soon LW.
__________________
Sent from a Deere 544G or a Cat D3B or a Case 580SK or a Komatsu PC28 or PC220LC, or down in a hole with a worn down shovel, or sky high from sniffin PVC glue or the cat box.
Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 21:44   #10514
Steel Head
Tactical Cat
 
Steel Head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: the cat box
Posts: 4,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
LW I hope you are beginning to feel better from the recent surgery.
Not sure if this was an alignment or tissue or both but hopefully you're on the mend and will benefit from it. You are in my thoughts.

On a bit of a side note, S and I are getting married.
Neither of us ever thought that we would have this opportunity. Fortunately we have the love and support of family and friends. S'es 98 year old Aunt might as happy as we are. Love truly is kind if we choose to allow it. We narrowed down the cake choices today and are working on the flowers. Neither of us has much of an idea of what we are doing that way. We see 1911's and Mosin's evaporating into the sky with every check that we sign.
A big congrats SG!
__________________
Sent from a Deere 544G or a Cat D3B or a Case 580SK or a Komatsu PC28 or PC220LC, or down in a hole with a worn down shovel, or sky high from sniffin PVC glue or the cat box.
Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 22:09   #10515
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp
 
Magnus2131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kansas
Posts: 11,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
LW I hope you are beginning to feel better from the recent surgery.
Not sure if this was an alignment or tissue or both but hopefully you're on the mend and will benefit from it. You are in my thoughts.

On a bit of a side note, S and I are getting married.
Neither of us ever thought that we would have this opportunity. Fortunately we have the love and support of family and friends. S'es 98 year old Aunt might as happy as we are. Love truly is kind if we choose to allow it. We narrowed down the cake choices today and are working on the flowers. Neither of us has much of an idea of what we are doing that way. We see 1911's and Mosin's evaporating into the sky with every check that we sign.
Congratulations Sawgrass!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
LW would have laughed that round off her chest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 22:24   #10516
sawgrass
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,312
Thanks Steel Head and Magnus2131.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
I've learned over the years that if you don't get exactly what you want, you'll never satisfy the desire. :cool:
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:32   #10517
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee
 
Lone_Wolfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: This side of a tombstone
Posts: 26,370


Quote:
Originally Posted by VC-Racing View Post
She's doing well. We just went back to the plastic surgeon last week and scheduled her next procedure for October , then go back to the oncologist in September . We'll keep praying for you .........




Vic

Hopefully October will be her last surgery, I'm sure she's tired of it too. Of course, I'll oray that her test next month comes up clean. I have my next check in a couple days.




Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
LW I hope you are beginning to feel better from the recent surgery.
Not sure if this was an alignment or tissue or both but hopefully you're on the mend and will benefit from it. You are in my thoughts.

On a bit of a side note, S and I are getting married.
Neither of us ever thought that we would have this opportunity. Fortunately we have the love and support of family and friends. S'es 98 year old Aunt might as happy as we are. Love truly is kind if we choose to allow it. We narrowed down the cake choices today and are working on the flowers. Neither of us has much of an idea of what we are doing that way. We see 1911's and Mosin's evaporating into the sky with every check that we sign.
"We see 1911's and Mosin's evaporating into the sky with every check that we sign" , that's funny. Congrats and good luck to you both. Just make sure you dot your t's and cross your i's before you take that walk down the aisle.

I'm feeling better, thank you. The surgery pain now hurts less than the usual chest pain, so I'm back to my usual gripes about that.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Head View Post
No kidding.

Hope you feel better soon LW.
I wish!

Thank you.
__________________
NRA Benefactor Member++++++SAF Life Member+++++++++++

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:39   #10518
VC-Racing
General Flunky
 
VC-Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: S.Fork of The Edisto River, SC
Posts: 2,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Hopefully October will be her last surgery, I'm sure she's tired of it too. Of course, I'll oray that her test next month comes up clean. I have my next check in a couple of days


Sent from my SCH-I545 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Yes she is... I constantly amazed by her attitude . I took her to the range a few weeks ago and things did not go as well as she hoped. She had lost a lot of strength in her grip and wasn't able to maintain her grip while shooting. It really made her mad , so she she bought some tennis balls to squeeze and build up her grip strength. .She's not giving up , she's got a lot of fight in her.....
__________________
Son, never kick a fresh cow turd on a hot day .. Hank Jr. On "The View".

Last edited by VC-Racing; 08-06-2013 at 10:41..
VC-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 16:55   #10519
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee
 
Lone_Wolfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: This side of a tombstone
Posts: 26,370


Quote:
Originally Posted by VC-Racing View Post
Yes she is... I constantly amazed by her attitude . I took her to the range a few weeks ago and things did not go as well as she hoped. She had lost a lot of strength in her grip and wasn't able to maintain her grip while shooting. It really made her mad , so she she bought some tennis balls to squeeze and build up her grip strength. .She's not giving up , she's got a lot of fight in her.....

If the tennis balls don't do well, get her a nerf ball. I've used them before with better results. lad to hear she's hanging tough. Fighting cancer is no fun, even without chemo.



I got a PM from Lady Glock asking for heavy-duty prayers. She's not allowed to go into any details on GT, but she did privately. All I'm going to say is that she needs some serious prayers to resolve a situation she's dealing with. Can we send them and good thoughts up for her? Thanks
__________________
NRA Benefactor Member++++++SAF Life Member+++++++++++

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 17:21   #10520
jakebrake
cracker
 
jakebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: too close to philly
Posts: 7,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Can we send them and good thoughts up for her? Thanks
yes. yes we can.

ask we speak.
__________________
21 clubmember #629 freemasons clubmember # 57
Kalashnikov klub member # 413 black rifle club # 830
The road to Hell is paved with good intent
jakebrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 17:27   #10521
Lady Glock
Senior Member
 
Lady Glock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 3,495
Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
I got a PM from Lady Glock asking for heavy-duty prayers. She's not allowed to go into any details on GT, but she did privately. All I'm going to say is that she needs some serious prayers to resolve a situation she's dealing with. Can we send them and good thoughts up for her? Thanks
Thank you so much my friend. And thank you to all who will pray for my situation. It just keeps piling on and piling on. I'm sick from all the pain, worry, and just completely ticked off for the stuff I'm dealing with because of some people doing with my belongings what they were told NOT TO! Totally destroying something that I cant be without, but now am forced to. Please...keep up the prayers, they are so important to me.
__________________
This is ok, right? I'm not breaking any rules or making anyone mad at me for this comment, Right?

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:45   #10522
BobInTX
Senior Member
 
BobInTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,088
Blog Entries: 2
^^ Praying for you.
__________________
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:43   #10523
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp
 
Magnus2131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kansas
Posts: 11,267
Ongoing prayers for you all.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
LW would have laughed that round off her chest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 17:16   #10524
CJStudent
Fenced In
 
CJStudent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KY
Posts: 17,469
Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
More prayers and for the both of you, LW and LG!
__________________
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 17:41   #10525
Lady Glock
Senior Member
 
Lady Glock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 3,495
Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Thank you...the hugs and prayers are much appreciated. I'm so tired of all the trials. I think God needs a new calculator if he thinks he's only giving me what I can handle. :(
__________________
This is ok, right? I'm not breaking any rules or making anyone mad at me for this comment, Right?

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:42.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 729
186 Members
543 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42