SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-08-2013, 19:18   #1
billn

Billions on new drone base in the US in AZ

Satellite images reveal secret Nevada UAV site

"A new satellite image of an isolated airstrip in Nevada shows a secret but operational unmanned air vehicle (UAV) test facility. The Yucca Lake airfield"

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/art...v-site-365721/

'Those who are willing to sacrifice essential liberties for temporary security deserve neither liberty nor security.' - Benjamin Franklin
billn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 19:39   #2
Superchud1

To clear up one part of the article. The MQ-1 and 9's are washed by hand not because of a sensitive skin coating. It's to avoid water intrusion into the airframe.

And a question.

Where did you get billions from? And Arizona? Article says Nevada.

Last edited by Superchud1; 08-08-2013 at 19:43..
Superchud1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 20:09   #3
billn

It is Nevada, not AZ. There are other articles about the billions in cost.

'Those who are willing to sacrifice essential liberties for temporary security deserve neither liberty nor security.' - Benjamin Franklin
Old 08-08-2013, 20:13   #4
Superchud1

Quote:
Originally Posted by billn View Post
It is Nevada, not AZ. There are other articles about the billions in cost.

Link? To the other articles, I'm curious and would like to read more.

Last edited by Superchud1; 08-08-2013 at 20:14..
Superchud1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 20:21   #5
billn

A drone cost $20...lol

Old 08-08-2013, 20:31   #6
billn

In the future the only owned private thoughts will be between your ears. All other communications will be stored in some computers.

Old 08-08-2013, 20:36   #7
Superchud1

Quote:
In the future the only owned private thoughts will be between your ears. All other communications will be stored in some computers.
What?

Not trying to be a d!ck, I work on the drone program at Creech. I'm sitting 80 feet from an MQ-9 right now. I'm curious about the info the news has on these programs. Specifically what they get right and wrong.

Tin foil aside I just wanted to read more.
Old 08-08-2013, 20:41   #8
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchud1 View Post
What?

Not trying to be a d!ck, I work on the drone program at Creech. I'm sitting 80 feet from an MQ-9 right now. I'm curious about the info the news has on these programs. Specifically what they get right and wrong.

Good luck. Here you will mostly hear from those who think the government in preparing an army of mind-reading drones to attack overweight prepers wearing tinfoil hats. Rational thought is rare in a GT thread with the word "drone" in the title.
Old 08-08-2013, 20:42   #9
billn

Very nice. Which branch of the service? How many levels deep is the base at Yacca lake?

Last edited by billn; 08-08-2013 at 20:44..
Old 08-08-2013, 20:47   #10
billn

I think all forms of communications are being stored in Utah and many other places in the US. Since we are grabbing phone, internet, and other communication our thoughts are stored with it too. Since smart electric meter boxes can listen in the home our private thoughts are about to vanish.

Old 08-08-2013, 20:49   #11
billn

Since you work on drones does the NSA monitor all your activities to make sure a breach is security is not happening?

Old 08-08-2013, 20:52   #12
Superchud1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Good luck. Here you will mostly hear from those who think the government in preparing an army of mind-reading drones to attack overweight prepers wearing tinfoil hats. Rational thought is rare in a GT thread with the word "drone" in the title.

But we are preparing an army of mind-reading drones to attack overweight preppers. Radar guided, so they track the tin foil.
Old 08-08-2013, 20:58   #13
Superchud1

We monitor the NSA and already can read you thoughts. And after bringing up your file all I can say is damn dude.
Old 08-08-2013, 21:13   #14
Superchud1

Quote:
I think all forms of communications are being stored in Utah and many other places in the US. Since we are grabbing phone, internet, and other communication our thoughts are stored with it too. Since smart electric meter boxes can listen in the home our private thoughts are about to vanish.

I think I see where you went wrong. "I think". That's where you went astray, you obviously are not.

I don't know if all forms of electronic communication are being monitored. I highly doubt it due the the massive amount of data that is generated every second. We certianly don't collect any. And smart electric meter boxes that can listen in the home? Really.
Old 08-08-2013, 21:17   #15
Superchud1

If you do have any questions about the drone program I would be happy to answer them.
Old 09-10-2013, 16:09   #16
cesaros

Quote:
What?

uhg...I hate creech afb...

I'm sorry you have to work at that poop dump.

The pen IS mightier than the sword; but when you run out of ink, I will be ready with plenty of ammo.
cesaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 20:42   #17
Superchud1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesaros View Post
uhg...I hate creech afb...

I'm sorry you have to work at that poop dump.

I'm trying to think of something positive to say about Creech.....The Korean food shack isn't bad........That's all I got.
Old 09-12-2013, 21:48   #18
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Satellite images reveal secret Nevada UAV site

"A new satellite image of an isolated airstrip in Nevada shows a secret but operational unmanned air vehicle (UAV) test facility. The Yucca Lake airfield"

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/art...v-site-365721/
What country did you think we would park, build, test and fly UAV's in? Does this actually seem like an issue to you? We can aprk our hellicopters, fighters and bombers here, but not UAVs?

That doesn't seem to be a rational position for intelligent people to support - we can have massively armed aircraft all over America, but the biggest threat is a tiny one that the pilot doesn't have to sit inside.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:43   #19
Blast
'nuff said

To some, an armed aircraft without a pilot is automatically a weapon against American citizens by the gov.
Completely irrational.
Old 01-12-2014, 18:26   #20
Laslo

Quote:
To clear up one part of the article. The MQ-1 and 9's are washed by hand not because of a sensitive skin coating. It's to avoid water intrusion into the airframe.

And a question.

Where did you get billions from? And Arizona? Article says Nevada.
So all this money spent and they can't fly them in the rain? Nice to know.