Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-05-2013, 14:18   #1
Trumpet

Glock manufacturing...batches?

Ok, so I have a potentially "off" question. Does anyone know how Glock manufactures or decides what kind of pistols to make and when? Is there a pattern? If there is, what is it?

Reason I ask is the following...MD is about to have some really lame laws go into effect on 10/1, and every gun owner in this state is trying to get everything they can before then (myself included). I just joined the GSSF and plan on using my coupon to get a Gen4 G34, but neither of my GSSF dealers have one. So, do I wait assuming that they'll be cranking some out soon or do I just get another G19, because it could be "God knows how long"? Are there any Glock employees on GT that could shed some light?
Trumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:53   #2
1wise1

Quote "So, do I wait assuming that they'll be cranking some out soon or do I just get another G19, because it could be "God knows how long"? Are there any Glock employees on GT that could shed some light?"
Better plan for a soft chair, it's going to be a long wait. Just saw a story saying Glock is several hundred thousand guns behind filling orders in the United States. No mention of caliber, model or production schedules. My local GT Distributors is still taking orders for GSSF certificate guns but not promising delivery before the end of December.
If you can find a 19 Grab it fast. There are none available at all in Texas. 17's are scarce and law enforcement trade-ins are gone same day as they come in to dealers.
Note* I am not a Glock employee.