Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-03-2013, 09:19   #1
Mopaw

Help with geriatric cat

My cat will be seventeen next month. She is a picky eater (is it redundant to say that? she is a cat!). I think she is suffering from occasional constipation. I base this assumption on an observation one day recently. She began to vomit, and then passed a couple very hard stools from the other end. What can I do to help relieve the situation? I have tried higher-end food, but she will often snub the "good" stuff.
Any help would be appreciated.
Mopaw
Mopaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 14:28   #2
hammerkill

Vomiting will cause dehydration and hard stool but you need to find out why the cat is vomiting. I see the post is a few weeks old, how is the cat? You probably need to take the cat to the vet (if you haven't done so by now). The vomiting could be caused by a hairball or the cat ate something that disagreed with her or something worse. 17 years is getting up there for a cat. We have 8 cats so we've been through this before. Hope the cat is better.
hammerkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 20:40   #3
Mopaw

Yup, she's better now. Still treating her kindly. She has been a good companion since my dog found her under my truck at about 2-3 weeks of age.
Mopaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:30   #4
TheBlazer
TheBlazer

When my beloved cat, Sweetie, had surgery a few years ago, she didn't have a bowel movement for days afterward. I went to the vet and he gave me a tube of Lax'aire (not sure if it is prescription or not, it is made by Pfizer) and that had her internal plumbing back to normal in just a day or so.
TheBlazer is online now   Reply With Quote