SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-04-2013, 20:50   #176
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostsOnPercocet View Post
But you're arguing a point that doesn't need to be argued. A simple check of the chamber solves that problem.

And don't fall back on the procedure nonsense. I see cops breaking the law all the time let alone procedure.
Really, then perhaps you can tell us some of your personally observed violations.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 20:56   #177
ray9898

There are a few on here that like to throw out the "here they come" statement on any LE topic when actual LEO's come to discuss a related issue. For those who wonder why we do, it is because the topic of conversation is about what we do and of course it is of interest to us.

I went through a time where I really tried to ignore LE topics on here but it didn't last long term. The reason? I get tired of people telling me "this is how cops do things" because I usually end up shaking my head saying "no it isn't". I have worked the streets for over a decade and most of the "100% facts" I see on here about my line of work are basically false or mischaracterized.

Post a subject that people feel passionately about and watch those associated with it flood the topic. That is just what happens and LEO's are no different when it comes to LE topics. My profession isn't perfect, none are, but I am proud of it and will not turn a blind eye when I see what I believe is false information. This is just another example, I am being told it is undisputed how a situation would be handled if it involved a 'civi' and I know that is false from my first hand experience.

Last edited by ray9898; 09-04-2013 at 21:58..
ray9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:02   #178
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Just thought of something... did the Cop have a custom trigger job done on this G35?
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:59   #179
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
Just thought of something... did the Cop have a custom trigger job done on this G35?
It was asked earlier...
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyelikeglasses View Post
I wonder if he did a 25 cent trigger job? Or which connector?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrain View Post
I'd bet it's the stock Glock connector. Why would you think otherwise?
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyelikeglasses View Post
IDK, but the question gets asked around here in court room what-ifs.

Was he tactical enough to be carrying a G35?

Was he using a G22 holster and his pistol was sticking out of the top?

Old 09-05-2013, 04:49   #180
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostsOnPercocet View Post
I understand training, but I also understand adaptation. Critical thinking.

Granted, I'm sure the very last thing that guy thought when he woke up is a kid was going to sneak a finger into his holster and fire his gun, but it still doesn't change the core issue. He should have assessed the sitution, danger, and took the round out.

As far as "what if the officer came into a situation later that day".......um....? Really? A trained professional isn't going to reload/double check one of him main tools? I check mine every single time I leave the house. I check mine every single time I rack the slide just to make sure there is one in the chamber. That is a weak argument to make in my opinion.

And honestly, if he can't remember to do that, should he really be trusted with that much responsibility?
BS.. You have obviously never been in a shooting or lethal force encounter.

Your ignorance is astounding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 09-05-2013, 08:41   #181
The Fist Of Goodness

Is it bad that I actually miss Eyelikeglasses?

Sent from my MB865 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Old 09-05-2013, 09:17   #182
Sniffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fist Of Goodness View Post

^^
Old 09-05-2013, 09:33   #183
RussP

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniffler View Post
^^
As Sniffler can attest to, I sent a PM out to several participants, eyelikeglasses included, notifying them that the thread had been moved, just in case they missed the thread redirect.

Old 09-05-2013, 11:17   #184
Mushinto
Master Member

I'd have put it in Furball at this point.

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind, always.
Mushinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 19:08   #185
*ASH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
As Sniffler can attest to, I sent a PM out to several participants, eyelikeglasses included, notifying them that the thread had been moved, just in case they missed the thread redirect.
you moved a thread that was supposed to be moved on page 1 chief . big red sticky / so many miss it when reading lol
Old 09-05-2013, 19:25   #186
RussP

I didn't move it. Can't move it myself. Just noticed it was back here and didn't want y'all to miss out on further participation.

Last edited by RussP; 09-06-2013 at 04:48..
Old 09-05-2013, 19:35   #187
*ASH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
I didn't move it. Can't move it myself. Just noticed it was back here and didn't want y'all to miss out on further participation.
well who moved it hmmmmmmmmm thats weird well whoever moved it they got bout 3 more that need to be in here lol
Old 09-05-2013, 20:58   #188
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership

This is a civil liberty issue, how?
"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle
Sam Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 21:19   #189
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 4

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:26   #190
countrygun

Quote:

Yes, it is. You need to spend more time at the range practicing.

Last edited by countrygun; 09-06-2013 at 01:28..
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:14   #191
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
This is a civil liberty issue, how?
Quote:
Originally Posted by *ASH* View Post
...bout 3 more that need to be in here lol
*ASH*, you're the one so adamantly campaigning for threads to be moved to Civil Liberties Issues, why don't you take Sam's question...

Thanks...

Old 09-06-2013, 05:51   #192
RussP

Still no information in the local news about the "shooter".

Old 09-09-2013, 15:36   #193
harley rider

Question for LEO's - I am a retired Fire Fighter and have had a CCW now for 12 years, spent many years with local LEO's at the range. When NOT on the firing line. If a gun was loaded or unloaded - it was done in front of / over a special box (sorry for not knowing the name) where IF the round discharged - it went into the special box.

Not sure if this is standard for most departments or not - it has been suggested that the Lodi cop take out the live round and enter the classroom with an empty chambered Glock - therefore, he would have to reload this to go back on the road - for the people suggesting this - where would you have the LEO do this little procedure?? In their car. in the bathroom at the school, in the classroom??

LEO's when having a weapon on their side - should always be loaded - This entire issue centers around the poor holster design and the Kid being able to get his/her finger on the trigger..

You can bet Lodi PD is looking at what happened and **** will happen

History is a myth that men agree to believe.
Napoleon
harley rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 16:13   #194
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley rider View Post
Question for LEO's - I am a retired Fire Fighter and have had a CCW now for 12 years, spent many years with local LEO's at the range. When NOT on the firing line. If a gun was loaded or unloaded - it was done in front of / over a special box (sorry for not knowing the name) where IF the round discharged - it went into the special box.

Not sure if this is standard for most departments or not - it has been suggested that the Lodi cop take out the live round and enter the classroom with an empty chambered Glock - therefore, he would have to reload this to go back on the road - for the people suggesting this - where would you have the LEO do this little procedure?? In their car. in the bathroom at the school, in the classroom??

LEO's when having a weapon on their side - should always be loaded - This entire issue centers around the poor holster design and the Kid being able to get his/her finger on the trigger..

The event as not held in the controlled environment of a school.

It was held in a public parking lot between the Lodi News-Sentinel and the Lodi Library.

Old 09-09-2013, 16:19   #195
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley rider View Post

It is a sad thing that people think the answer to everything is a "rule" or a procedure. It is not possible to write rules that cover everything and make the world safe.

I just wonder how many people that suggest a "rule" as the cure are also the folks that complain about "intrusive laws that impinge of the freedom of responsible citizens"? claiming that abuse of something by one person doesn't mean that there needs to be a law from preventing other people ................
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 22:11   #196
Patchman
Florist

Next they'll be calling for LEOs assigned to schools/school properties to carry their guns chamber empty!

And thank YOU for being perfect, all the time, every time. Go forth and reproduce. We need more of you.

Last edited by Patchman; 09-17-2013 at 22:12..
Patchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 23:53   #197
WarCry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchman View Post
Next they'll be calling for LEOs assigned to schools/school properties to carry their guns chamber empty!
Try flipping back through this thread if you want to see some of those calls.