Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2013, 08:41   #181
The Fist Of Goodness
Senior Member
 
The Fist Of Goodness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Falling into Crime's Dinner Party.
Posts: 2,312
Is it bad that I actually miss Eyelikeglasses?

Sent from my MB865 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
__________________
Quote:
Don't forget that everything we know is being filtered through the media which is like playing a game of telephone with mentally challenged people in the middle.
The Fist Of Goodness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:17   #182
Sniffler
Senior Member
 
Sniffler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Western North Carolina
Posts: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fist Of Goodness View Post
Is it bad that I actually miss Eyelikeglasses?

Sent from my MB865 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
^^
__________________
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
Sniffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:33   #183
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 44,524
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fist Of Goodness View Post
Is it bad that I actually miss Eyelikeglasses?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniffler View Post
^^
As Sniffler can attest to, I sent a PM out to several participants, eyelikeglasses included, notifying them that the thread had been moved, just in case they missed the thread redirect.
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:17   #184
Mushinto
Master Member
 
Mushinto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Melbourne, Florida, USA
Posts: 12,124
I'd have put it in Furball at this point.
__________________
ML

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind, always.
Mushinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 19:08   #185
*ASH*
MEMBER OF 601
 
*ASH*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: nc
Posts: 22,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
As Sniffler can attest to, I sent a PM out to several participants, eyelikeglasses included, notifying them that the thread had been moved, just in case they missed the thread redirect.
you moved a thread that was supposed to be moved on page 1 chief . big red sticky / so many miss it when reading lol
__________________
Death is the wish of some, the relief of many, and the end of all.
umm excuse me are those extragent circus pants you have on ?? or do you work for a circus ?
*ASH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 19:25   #186
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 44,524
Blog Entries: 64
I didn't move it. Can't move it myself. Just noticed it was back here and didn't want y'all to miss out on further participation.
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921

Last edited by RussP; 09-06-2013 at 04:48..
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 19:35   #187
*ASH*
MEMBER OF 601
 
*ASH*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: nc
Posts: 22,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
I didn't move it. Can't move it myself. Just noticed it was back here and didn't want y'all to miss out on further participation.
well who moved it hmmmmmmmmm thats weird well whoever moved it they got bout 3 more that need to be in here lol
__________________
Death is the wish of some, the relief of many, and the end of all.
umm excuse me are those extragent circus pants you have on ?? or do you work for a circus ?
*ASH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 20:58   #188
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership
Senior Member
 
Sam Spade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 21,207
This is a civil liberty issue, how?
__________________
"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle
Sam Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 21:19   #189
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 45,630
Blog Entries: 1



Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 4
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:26   #190
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fist Of Goodness View Post
Is it bad that I actually miss Eyelikeglasses?

Sent from my MB865 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Yes, it is. You need to spend more time at the range practicing.




Last edited by countrygun; 09-06-2013 at 01:28..
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:14   #191
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 44,524
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
This is a civil liberty issue, how?
Quote:
Originally Posted by *ASH* View Post
...bout 3 more that need to be in here lol
*ASH*, you're the one so adamantly campaigning for threads to be moved to Civil Liberties Issues, why don't you take Sam's question...

Thanks...
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:51   #192
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 44,524
Blog Entries: 64
Still no information in the local news about the "shooter".
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 15:36   #193
harley rider
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 128
Question for LEO's - I am a retired Fire Fighter and have had a CCW now for 12 years, spent many years with local LEO's at the range. When NOT on the firing line. If a gun was loaded or unloaded - it was done in front of / over a special box (sorry for not knowing the name) where IF the round discharged - it went into the special box.

Not sure if this is standard for most departments or not - it has been suggested that the Lodi cop take out the live round and enter the classroom with an empty chambered Glock - therefore, he would have to reload this to go back on the road - for the people suggesting this - where would you have the LEO do this little procedure?? In their car. in the bathroom at the school, in the classroom??

LEO's when having a weapon on their side - should always be loaded - This entire issue centers around the poor holster design and the Kid being able to get his/her finger on the trigger..

You can bet Lodi PD is looking at what happened and **** will happen
__________________
Enjoy today for tomorrow may never come, Harley

History is a myth that men agree to believe.
Napoleon
harley rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 16:13   #194
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 44,524
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by harley rider View Post
Question for LEO's - I am a retired Fire Fighter and have had a CCW now for 12 years, spent many years with local LEO's at the range. When NOT on the firing line. If a gun was loaded or unloaded - it was done in front of / over a special box (sorry for not knowing the name) where IF the round discharged - it went into the special box.

Not sure if this is standard for most departments or not - it has been suggested that the Lodi cop take out the live round and enter the classroom with an empty chambered Glock - therefore, he would have to reload this to go back on the road - for the people suggesting this - where would you have the LEO do this little procedure?? In their car. in the bathroom at the school, in the classroom??

LEO's when having a weapon on their side - should always be loaded - This entire issue centers around the poor holster design and the Kid being able to get his/her finger on the trigger..

You can bet Lodi PD is looking at what happened and **** will happen
The event as not held in the controlled environment of a school.

It was held in a public parking lot between the Lodi News-Sentinel and the Lodi Library.
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 16:19   #195
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by harley rider View Post
Question for LEO's - I am a retired Fire Fighter and have had a CCW now for 12 years, spent many years with local LEO's at the range. When NOT on the firing line. If a gun was loaded or unloaded - it was done in front of / over a special box (sorry for not knowing the name) where IF the round discharged - it went into the special box.

Not sure if this is standard for most departments or not - it has been suggested that the Lodi cop take out the live round and enter the classroom with an empty chambered Glock - therefore, he would have to reload this to go back on the road - for the people suggesting this - where would you have the LEO do this little procedure?? In their car. in the bathroom at the school, in the classroom??

LEO's when having a weapon on their side - should always be loaded - This entire issue centers around the poor holster design and the Kid being able to get his/her finger on the trigger..

You can bet Lodi PD is looking at what happened and **** will happen
It is a sad thing that people think the answer to everything is a "rule" or a procedure. It is not possible to write rules that cover everything and make the world safe.

I just wonder how many people that suggest a "rule" as the cure are also the folks that complain about "intrusive laws that impinge of the freedom of responsible citizens"? claiming that abuse of something by one person doesn't mean that there needs to be a law from preventing other people ................
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 22:11   #196
Patchman
Florist
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Land of Flora, Fauna & Merriweather
Posts: 12,446
Next they'll be calling for LEOs assigned to schools/school properties to carry their guns chamber empty!
__________________
Although many good citizens in your jurisdiction may own and carry guns, keeping it real still fall on those who carry badges.

In a gunfight, even if you do everything right, you can still get killed.

Last edited by Patchman; 09-17-2013 at 22:12..
Patchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 23:53   #197
WarCry
Senior Member
 
WarCry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: IL, on the banks of the Muddy River
Posts: 7,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchman View Post
Next they'll be calling for LEOs assigned to schools/school properties to carry their guns chamber empty!
Try flipping back through this thread if you want to see some of those calls.
__________________
"I'm your priest, your shrink, your main connection to the switchboard of souls. I'm the Magic Man, the Santa Claus of the Subconscious. You say it, you even think it, you can have it." - Lenny Nero
WarCry is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 22:16.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 990
282 Members
708 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31