Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-01-2013, 18:21   #1
Glock 22 Shooter

Thoughts On Having Defense Weapons In School In Case Of Armed Intruder

Would You rather be in a school building doin this if its threatened with a gun or this obviously not shooting a machine gun but u get it
Glock 22 Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 22:08   #2
Lord

It's simple. They have fire drills several times a year. The people (teachers, administrators, and kids) are routinely trained how to react when there is a fire.

What is so difficult about training them to:

1. Group A (which consists of a small group of administrators) - activates PA system and sends the alert, or screams code into the radios that they all carry. Brief instructions including where the shooter is and which way he's heading
2. All teachers herd their kids into the halls and run them in an opposite direction and outside, or toward the gym where the doors are previously prepped "safe room" style.
3. Group B (another small group of teachers) - starts throwing chairs into the hall in an effort to create a 'barricade' for the shooter. this may cause him to go in a different direction than that which the kids are running to. if he can't get to the target, he can't fire at the target
4. Group C (another group of teachers or whomever) grabs fire extinguishers, pulls the pin, locks them open, and tosses them in the hallway in the direction that the shooter is coming from. clouds are created by spraying extinguishers. if he can't see the targets, he can't shoot the targets.
5. Group D (the 'trained' group) armed, and prepared. They don't go hunting for the shooter, they stand between the shooter and the direction that the kids ran. if the shooter comes this way, he is engaged. Once all the kids are out of the school, (assuming they all carry radios) word is given on the radio that the precious cargo is secured. all remaining school personnel head toward whatever pathway they are trained to take for immediate egress.

shooter is left in an empty school with police rapidly surrounding. and that's if he's not been engaged and killed by one of the trained armed personnel inside.

it's a rough plan and certainly one that can be refined. but I remember being herded into the hallways as a kid and crouching down for air raid drills. if they can prepare for that, they can prepare for this. Right now, there is NO training for potential "active shooter" scenarios, so pretty much anything is a step in the right direction.

Last edited by Lord; 09-01-2013 at 22:11..
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:02   #3
SJ 40

Grab a scissors out of the desk drawer. SJ 40
SJ 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:20   #4
dbgsig229

I like it. well thought out.
dbgsig229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 14:52   #5
Glock 22 Shooter

My local highschool where my little sister goes is actually the place I was talking about in my opinion kids should b trained to find a safe spot wherever the staff deems safe an let the staff take care of the threat with school defense weapons there I think in my honest opinion that there should be one in all major areas of the school because anyone wanting to kill is going to break in at a point there is the most people in order to just fire on a crowd
Old 09-09-2013, 14:54   #6
Glock 22 Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbgsig229 View Post
I like it. well thought out.
Well it really is that simple there are too many people so against guns there willing to say no to the one thing that could possibly save there kids
Old 09-09-2013, 15:06   #7
Glock 22 Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
It's simple. They have fire drills several times a year. The people (teachers, administrators, and kids) are routinely trained how to react when there is a fire.

What is so difficult about training them to:

1. Group A (which consists of a small group of administrators) - activates PA system and sends the alert, or screams code into the radios that they all carry. Brief instructions including where the shooter is and which way he's heading
2. All teachers herd their kids into the halls and run them in an opposite direction and outside, or toward the gym where the doors are previously prepped "safe room" style.
3. Group B (another small group of teachers) - starts throwing chairs into the hall in an effort to create a 'barricade' for the shooter. this may cause him to go in a different direction than that which the kids are running to. if he can't get to the target, he can't fire at the target
4. Group C (another group of teachers or whomever) grabs fire extinguishers, pulls the pin, locks them open, and tosses them in the hallway in the direction that the shooter is coming from. clouds are created by spraying extinguishers. if he can't see the targets, he can't shoot the targets.
5. Group D (the 'trained' group) armed, and prepared. They don't go hunting for the shooter, they stand between the shooter and the direction that the kids ran. if the shooter comes this way, he is engaged. Once all the kids are out of the school, (assuming they all carry radios) word is given on the radio that the precious cargo is secured. all remaining school personnel head toward whatever pathway they are trained to take for immediate egress.

shooter is left in an empty school with police rapidly surrounding. and that's if he's not been engaged and killed by one of the trained armed personnel inside.

it's a rough plan and certainly one that can be refined. but I remember being herded into the hallways as a kid and crouching down for air raid drills. if they can prepare for that, they can prepare for this. Right now, there is NO training for potential "active shooter" scenarios, so pretty much anything is a step in the right direction.
I like that plan but on the other hand no plan will guarantee to save everyones life but if u can bring the death total from 10 to 6 that's definitely better no kid deserves to die but all there chances are greatly increased by the simple fact that the staff that chooses to be armed are "packing" an trained in confronting a threat in order to save the lives of the students BUT your plan is a very good one I believe that something like that should be put in place to counteract a thought out plan to hurt innocent peoplr in a school
Old 09-10-2013, 14:20   #8
Alizard

There should be teachers who are trained as "reserve officers" and armed. Exact number based on school size. each would carry weapon, each classroom would have a safe with thumb scan to lock up the gun when the teacher wanted to disarm. Not brain surgery.
Alizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 14:25   #9
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

I trust me protecting myself with a gun more than others doing something else for me.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:04   #10
Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by janice6 View Post
I trust me protecting myself with a gun more than others doing something else for me.
True that... but you have to think from the perspective of a child in this case. They rely on us to protect them, by whatever means, because they can't defend themselves.