GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2013, 12:58   #21
Glock30Eric
.45 ACP
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Southern Maryland
Posts: 3,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
How would you even know that?
Religious Issues
Glock30Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 13:24   #22
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot
 
Geko45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Short final
Posts: 14,295


Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockPride View Post
He is monotheistic
What does this mean in context to god? That he believes in the single all-powerful deity of himself? Ok, sure...

Quote:
Your argument fails. If He was/is totalitarian he would FORCE all to worship him. Instead, he allows free will. You choose to accept or not.
The god of the bible allows free will in the same sense that Joseph Stalin did. You either choose to do as you are told or you choose to go to a very bad place where bad things happen to you. So, either Stalin was a libertarian or your god is a totalitarian.

Quote:
It takes a lot of faith and courage to believe in the unseen, but not much to not believe. Dogpile right here, you're gonna do it anyway. Matters not, I know where I stand.
Accepting the mythos of your family and community is not brave, it's conformist. It takes a lot more bravery to be the one to point out that the emperor is wearing no clothes.

Quote:
But I do know there is a satan, because there is such thing as absolute evil. I have seen it and if you open your eyes you may see it as well. One only needs to watch the nightly news to see that.
The nightly news is evidence that mankind needs no supernatural source of evil to sway it to commit crimes upon one another.
__________________
Peace is our profession, war is just a hobby...


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Geko45; 09-06-2013 at 13:26..
Geko45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 15:27   #23
muscogee
Senior Member
 
muscogee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,841


Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockPride View Post
He is monotheistic, but not totalitarian. Your argument fails. If He was/is totalitarian he would FORCE all to worship him. Instead, he allows free will. You choose to accept or not.
Free will? You do what you're told or go to Hell for eternity. Even Stalin wasn't that draconian. Looks like force to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockPride View Post
It takes a lot of faith and courage to believe in the unseen, but not much to not believe. Dogpile right here, you're gonna do it anyway. Matters not, I know where I stand.

But I do know there is a satan, because there is such thing as absolute evil. I have seen it and if you open your eyes you may see it as well. One only needs to watch the nightly news to see that.
Do you have faith there is a Satan or or you know? Which is it?

Is the presences of evil evidence for the presence of Satan of evidence for that there is not God? How do you "know".
__________________
"We don't pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes."

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 15:55   #24
JBnTX
JB in Tx
 
JBnTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 14,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockPride View Post
He is monotheistic, but not totalitarian. Your argument fails. If He was/is totalitarian he would FORCE all to worship him. Instead, he allows free will. You choose to accept or not.

I usually sit these out because I feel they are a 'pile on JB' thread. In fact, maybe we should change the forum name to non-religious discussion or Atheists Unite? Wait, I know, we can call it Dogpile on JB.

It takes a lot of faith and courage to believe in the unseen, but not much to not believe. Dogpile right here, you're gonna do it anyway. Matters not, I know where I stand.

I have open arms for those who wish to hear the word and believe and I wish harm for no one. I will pray for you, but I don't generally proselytize, just try to live a good example. I'm not perfect and I'll be the first to tell you so.

But I do know there is a satan, because there is such thing as absolute evil. I have seen it and if you open your eyes you may see it as well. One only needs to watch the nightly news to see that.

Shalom and may you find peace and love, whatever that means to you.
Great post! Keep posting!

Don't worry about me, I can take the "dogpile". It's how I draw these Godless heathens out into the light so God can see their blasphemous attitudes toward him.
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 16:00   #25
ksg0245
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
How would you even know that?
How would you know the bible isn't a trick to keep the unworthy from Nirvana?
ksg0245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 16:10   #26
Gray_Rider
Senior Member
 
Gray_Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Jacksonville Fla.
Posts: 1,539
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCT View Post
News flash: Atheists don't believe in Satan either. Adults who believe in fairy tales amuse us.

PS Those memes are pretty damn funny...because they are 100% true, according to the fiction book that you claim is the direct word of god.
You claim the Bible is "fiction". May I ask what makes you so sure?

Adults who believe the infinate universe just invented and powers itself let alone the dozens of diverse life forms in say a cup of pond water completely self sufficient and self created amuses me.

Better hope the Bible is fiction. It doesn't end well as a book of "myths and fables" goes for people who reject it's offer of salvation.

Your ranting and jeering of Christian beliefs is amusing to me too.
Your behaviour concerning your rabid unbelief is exactly what the Bible says it is

Gray_Rider
__________________
Deo Vindice!
We warned you in 1862!

Last edited by Gray_Rider; 09-06-2013 at 16:30..
Gray_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 16:21   #27
Lockback
Polymerlicious!
 
Lockback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,476
I'm not the world's most religious guy, but ... well, let me put it this way: I've never been exactly overwhelmed by the intellectual power of most atheists.

Last edited by Lockback; 09-06-2013 at 16:21..
Lockback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 16:33   #28
Michael Rye
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Great post! Keep posting!

Don't worry about me, I can take the "dogpile". It's how I draw these Godless heathens out into the light so God can see their blasphemous attitudes toward him.
God reads posts on GTRI? Who knew?

I am sure he appreciates your help in drawing us out.
Michael Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 16:35   #29
DonCT
Senior Member
 
DonCT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Rye View Post
God reads posts on GTRI? Who knew?

I am sure he appreciates your help in drawing us out.
I would think if god was omniscient he wouldn't need JBs help, but that's just me being arrogant again.
__________________
Libertarian, gun-toting journalist.
DonCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 16:37   #30
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot
 
Geko45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Short final
Posts: 14,295


Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCT View Post
I would think if god was omniscient he wouldn't need JBs help, but that's just me being arrogant again.
And smug, don't forget get smug...
__________________
Peace is our profession, war is just a hobby...


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Geko45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 16:45   #31
muscogee
Senior Member
 
muscogee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,841


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray_Rider View Post
You claim the Bible is "fiction". May I ask what makes you so sure?

So much of the Bible can't possibly be true. Ergo it's fiction. Here's a good place to start. Be sure to follow the links at the end of the article after you finish it.

http://danielmiessler.com/blog/the-b...on-of-evidence
.
__________________
"We don't pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes."

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 16:49   #32
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot
 
Geko45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Short final
Posts: 14,295


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray_Rider View Post
You claim the Bible is "fiction". May I ask what makes you so sure?

Adults who believe the infinate universe just invented and powers itself let alone the dozens of diverse life forms in say a cup of pond water completely self sufficient and self created amuses me.
The latter (imperfect and incomplete) description is supported by literally volumes of empirical observations. The former is supported by absolutely nothing.

Furthermore, the latter is completely logical once you understand the well defined and concrete governing principles whereas the former is a fanciful tale that defies all known scientific knowledge and, to be perfectly honest, strains credulity.

Theists keep trying to pretend modern scientific knowledge is the truly absurd of the two, but all they do is reveal their complete lack of knowledge and poor critical reasoning skills.

Quote:
Better hope the Bible is fiction.
Theists always seem to relish this thought. The idea that those that don't buy into their nonsense will get what's coming to them always seems to get them revved up.
__________________
Peace is our profession, war is just a hobby...


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Geko45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 17:42   #33
Ramjet38
SONS OF LIBERTY
 
Ramjet38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Wilderness of Life
Posts: 3,548


Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCT View Post
There is no Satan. You have dedicated your life to a myth and are the personification of why raising children in a religion is tantamount to child abuse.
He has you by the balls, and you don't feel his grip.
__________________
"Illegitimi non carborundum"
VFW Life Member; NRA Life Member
Ramjet38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 18:38   #34
ksg0245
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramjet38 View Post
He has you by the balls, and you don't feel his grip.
It isn't much of a grip if it can't be detected.
ksg0245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 18:41   #35
ksg0245
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray_Rider View Post
You claim the Bible is "fiction". May I ask what makes you so sure?
Conflicting stories and claims that contradict reality.
ksg0245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 19:33   #36
DonCT
Senior Member
 
DonCT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksg0245 View Post
It isn't much of a grip if it can't be detected.
Seriously. My date to the sophomore pin dance had a stronger grip.
__________________
Libertarian, gun-toting journalist.
DonCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 19:47   #37
hogfish
Señor Member
 
hogfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: fl
Posts: 4,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramjet38 View Post
He has you by the balls, and you don't feel his grip.
Soft hands.
__________________
Opinions are like noses...everybody's got one.

"Almost no matter the question, capitalism and freedom are the answers, while government and religion are not." Syclone538
hogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 20:00   #38
Swiper
Senior Member
 
Swiper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 2,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockPride View Post
He is monotheistic, but not totalitarian. Your argument fails. If He was/is totalitarian he would FORCE all to worship him. Instead, he allows free will. You choose to accept or not.
Free will? Does not force? No coercion? What happens to people who refuses to worship him? Damned for all time in the burning inferno of Hell, perhaps?
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Your God - By Cheryl Wheeler
Swiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 22:24   #39
steveksux
Massive Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 14,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksg0245 View Post
It isn't much of a grip if it can't be detected.
Omnipotent God can't squeeze your balls hard enough for you to notice?

He seemed a lot more powerful in the old days.

Randy
steveksux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 22:47   #40
John Rambo
Raven
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 8,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Now we're getting to the nut of most of the atheists posts on this forum.

You bad mouth God and his servants, but you'll drop to your knees in a heartbeat before Satan and worship him without question.

Let's quit brow beating the Christians and start confessing your love for your real master.

..
You misunderstand completely, my otherwise totally sensible pen-pal.

Atheists post these things to point out the logical failures of a belief system that is utterly unable to stand up to scrutiny. Its not that they believe in Satan. Its that they think your concept of Satan is so damn hilarious.
John Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:01.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,078
273 Members
805 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 16:42