SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-03-2013, 15:44   #51
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoCop View Post
Sounds to me like they're in a pissing contest with each other.
I think you are right. That seems to happen a lot when the people get arguing and not thinking straight.
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 15:48   #52
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by wct097 View Post
I personally object to the idea that an individuals Second Amendment rights can be stripped without due process as a result of another individual requesting a protective order with zero burden of proof.

I have NEVER heard of a judge rejecting a restraining order request. An angry ex-GF or wife can easily have your 2A rights stripped with nothing more than a trip to the police station and a completely fabricated story.
It can even happen to cops who depend on their weapons for survival. All it takes is that little witch to go tell soem lies and they issue the temporary restraining order and then it is served and the party that wrote the request normally tells some lies to get the other person in trouble with the law. Of course the women don't think of the ramifications of what they are doing. It really isn't right that people can lose their rights because of someone being po'ed.
Old 10-03-2013, 15:51   #53
JuneyBooney

Quote:
[/B]

Sorry. Not without due process. That would be the best solution instead of a knee jerk reaction like taking away the guy's guns. Besides, I'm sure since he went back to her house he violated the order of protection which he will in turn have to go to court and answer why he disregarded a judges orders not to do x, y and z. The old adage of give him enough rope... applies here.
You are right on the spot with that and if there was a problem all she had to do was call the police to be there while he picked up his things...that is how it works around here.
Old 10-03-2013, 16:03   #54
Ohio Copper

There is a lot of personal bias in here.
Ohio Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 17:30   #55
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
There is a lot of personal bias in here.
Like has been said, there's a lot of personal experience backing it...

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 17:33   #56
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Honesty and Integrity are all to rare these days. It's almost like they're extinct.

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 17:42   #57
Ohio Copper

Now, now gentlemen, let's not push our "moral superiority" on to others.

Last edited by Ohio Copper; 10-03-2013 at 17:43..
Old 10-03-2013, 18:08   #58
tsmo1066
Happy Smiley

Quote:

Oh good lord.
What point that I listed is inaccurate? The fact is, a PO strips a person of many constitutional rights, not just 2nd amendment rights. POs also can prevent people from accessing other property that they own, not just their guns. That's why I asked if your issue with POs was specific to gun rights, or to the low standard of evidence required for them in general?

Last edited by tsmo1066; 10-03-2013 at 18:09..
tsmo1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 20:10   #59
whoops dude

IMO the burden of proof should be much higher than it is. I wouldn't wanna be jammed up cause a girl I dumped was pissed and made up some crap.

Deuteronomy 15:11
You cannot follow Christ and not care about others.
whoops dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 20:23   #60
patriot550

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy View Post
The ONE thing my ex-wife didn't accuse me of was threatening her so my guns would be taken away. I could never quite understand why. She contacted CPS, 4 times in 4 months, with accusations ranging from beating my son to sexually abusing him. All proven false, I need add.

I often wonder why she never accused me of threatening or abusing her.
Probably because she simply never thought to do it.

The thing I don't understand with this case is the letter said he MAY be subject to the firearm provision. Well, which was it? Could they have been any more vague?
patriot550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 20:27   #61
*ASH*

been posted and spoken on here plenty times. a woman scorned and one that makes up stories is believed by LEO 98% of time . a woman cries and cops melt.
been thru it myself with false crap being filed . and i had witnesses

the DV LAWS in effect now are complete and utter BS .

there are several gters who have had same problem , its a national problem

Last edited by *ASH*; 10-03-2013 at 21:16..
*ASH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 21:03   #62
Ohio Copper

Here's a tip for you guys who think this is BS.

Don't fall in love with crazy women, don't knock them up, don't live with them and certainly don't marry them.

You know a woman is crazy or not after a short period of time. You have no one to blame but yourself.

They are "shall arrest" laws because enough guys who thought she was the only slice of pie in the world went off and killed them.

I've said it before here: I've taken just as many women to jail as well. If a man and woman wanna get drunk and beat the snot out of each other for fun and then one gets mad and calls us, you're both going. **** you, I'm not here to referee two idiots swimming in the shallow end of the gene pool.

We determine a primary physical aggressor based on training and experience.

If the back of your hand is all busted up and her face looks like she went ten rounds with Tyson, you're going to jail. She didn't just hit a door or is a clumsy girl.

In short, be civilized. If she wants to go ride another horse, swallow your pride and cut her loose.
Old 10-03-2013, 21:07   #63
*ASH*

dv laws are BS

The Okie Corral

Last edited by *ASH*; 10-03-2013 at 21:09..
Old 10-03-2013, 21:09   #64
Ohio Copper

You're right.

Any coward who hits a woman should be charged with felonious assault and sit in the joint for a couple years.

I'd ask you to articulate why you feel that way but id probably just get a bunch of insults and ". . .".

If you disagree with a law, lobby to have it rewritten. If she files a false police report against you, press charges.

Last edited by Ohio Copper; 10-03-2013 at 21:11..
Old 10-03-2013, 21:14   #65
*ASH*

you were told awhile back not to post to me or bout me or anything . follow the rules chief
Old 10-03-2013, 21:16   #66
Ohio Copper

ROFL!

Wow.
Old 10-03-2013, 21:18   #67
Sinister Paige

Quote:
You're right.

Any coward who hits a woman should be charged with felonious assault and sit in the joint for a couple years.

I'd ask you to articulate why you feel that way but id probably just get a bunch of insults and ". . .".

If you disagree with a law, lobby to have it rewritten. If she files a false police report against you, press charges.

Don't hit someone of the opposite sex. Other than that, I agree with what you posted.

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
Dwight D Eisenhower
Sinister Paige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 21:19   #68
Ohio Copper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister Paige View Post
Don't hit someone of the opposite sex. Other than that, I agree with what you posted.
A lot of people these days are lacking on "the golden rule".
Old 10-03-2013, 21:30   #69
Sinister Paige

Quote:
A lot of people these days are lacking on "the golden rule".
I agree with your comment about avoiding crazy. But, much like when people get mugged in high crime areas, sometime it just happens.

A lot of the hate in this thread stems from the fact that all it takes is one little(little may be the wrong word) lie, and your right to ever own a gun again could be put in jeopardy, forever. Not to mention the fact that there is a stigma attached to DV and restraining orders that makes other people look upon you as low life, even though you may be 100% innocent.

Unfortunately, false accusations are not an uncommon trick in divorce/custody cases.

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
Dwight D Eisenhower
Sinister Paige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 21:33   #70
*ASH*

Quote:
I agree with your comment about avoiding crazy. But, much like when people get mugged in high crime areas, sometime it just happens.

A lot of the hate in this thread stems from the fact that all it takes is one little(little may be the wrong word) lie, and your right to ever own a gun again could be put in jeopardy, forever. Not to mention the fact that there is a stigma attached to DV and restraining orders that makes other people look upon you as low life, even though you may be 100% innocent.

Unfortunately, false accusations are not an uncommon trick in divorce/custody cases.
bingo
Old 10-03-2013, 21:34   #71
Ohio Copper

Quote:

Not at all. Which is why te advice of "GTFO" is a good one to heed.

People call us all the time for cheap crap like "he dropped the kids off ten minutes late, I want a report!" Well, you're not getting one, good night.

People use us as leverage, which is why I prefer to take both to jail if at all possible.
Old 10-03-2013, 21:40   #72
*ASH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoops dude View Post
IMO the burden of proof should be much higher than it is. I wouldn't wanna be jammed up cause a girl I dumped was pissed and made up some crap.
and unfortuantely all it takes is a girl /woman, girl friend or wife to get mad and LIE . and then its on cuzzz.

its kinda like sexual predators

a woman sleep s with much younger man is looked at as cool , or light or no jail time

man sleeps with much younger girl their ass is grass

same as DV , im betting that the ratio for men getting the worse end of a stick is 5 times higher then a womans .

Last edited by *ASH*; 10-03-2013 at 21:42..
Old 10-03-2013, 22:03   #73
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

It cuts both ways. Lots of guys lie about what their partner did/didn't do, said/didn't say.

In short, people have issues, people can't get along. It's not about gender, it's about people.

As said above, GTFO is great advice, handed out many many many times well before someone gets an order on them, or arrested, yet is rarely heeded.

I could post pages of things that would put daytime soaps to shame, but are real.

Short anecdote: One fine afternoon I was sitting in the halls of misery (court house, outside the family court) waiting to testify in a criminal hearing in the next courtroom.

I saw a man in a state of anxiety surrounded by his family/friends as he spoke to what may have been an attorney or "advice" person. It was clear he was there on a hearing to determine child support.

His tale........ at the important part, was that he was just praying that her period was only a bit late, as he planned to break up with her once it did... but it didn't and here they are.

So this guy, is in a poisonous/toxic relationship (his words/description of her/them), he's fully planning on and committed to breaking up with her, can't stand her..... but will continue to **** her.

Yeah. Bet he's bitter too on how the "system is stacked against him".

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 23:20   #74
whoops dude

I try my best to avoid toxic women/relationships but sometimes you just can't see the crazy. It literally comes out of nowhere and even if you cut ties right there and then, it doesn't stop the other person from dreaming something crazy up. Which is why I would like the burden of proof to be a little more than just "what she said".

Deuteronomy 15:11
You cannot follow Christ and not care about others.
whoops dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 23:29   #75
*ASH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoops dude View Post
I try my best to avoid toxic women/relationships but sometimes you just can't see the crazy. It literally comes out of nowhere and even if you cut ties right there and then, it doesn't stop the other person from dreaming something crazy up. Which is why I would like the burden of proof to be a little more than just "what she said".