SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-25-2013, 17:22   #41
Kentak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxGun View Post
There is still immense natural wealth across much of Africa . This wealth stays in the hands of the ruling elite like I explained to you. Your view of African history is faulty and your view of modern African society and politics is faultier. Oil and mineral wealth flows into the hands of African leaders of each country, and these leaders are typically members of the tribal elite. The majority of what trickles down will usually stay within the tribal structure. Education, infrastructure, health concerns...all secondary priorities and, when addressed, are typically addressed in a way that benefits the tribe of the ruling elite in a given country first. That's where the loyalties and allegiances lie.
I've traveled there. I've talked at length to guides, outfitters and the men who work for them. I've seen how those countries work first hand. No wealth left? LOL...there's plenty of "wealth" left, it's simply hoarded by the ruling elite, their families, their tribal brothers, and their families. They generally don't care about whoever is left. They live in expansive houses, wear Saville Row suits, are chauffeured around in Mercedes limos, have servants and guards everywhere, and send their kids to foreign universities. That's why, in virtually every African country, there are relief agencies working in every corner. That's why, in virtually every African country, there is a revolutionary movement out in the bush. They are not all necessarily well-organized or funded, but there is almost always a faction willing to take up arms. The hunting guides and their concessions are usually pretty much left alone (although not always), because they generate cash flow for the leadership. The biggest problem is rebels in trucks driving though the bush shooting everything they see with AK47s. They'll take ivory and rhino horn, but everything else they just enjoy seeing it die.
Nobody's going to read that crap. Paragraphs and spaces are your friend.

See my post above. Divide your posts up into discrete points separated by space.

Got it?

Last edited by Kentak; 10-25-2013 at 17:23..
Kentak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 18:13   #42
TxGun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentak View Post
Nobody's going to read that crap. Paragraphs and spaces are your friend.

See my post above. Divide your posts up into discrete points separated by space.

Got it?
You mean like my post #19, AH ? Read it; don't read it. I really don't give a damn.

Last edited by TxGun; 10-25-2013 at 18:17..
TxGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 18:36   #43
Naelbis

Africa had plenty of economic and political stability when the Colonial powers ran the show, it was necessary for good business. Problem was that they never taught the locals how to rule and just turned things over to favored tribes when they left. Africa is a nice example of what happens when tribal societies don't properly evolve.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Ohub Campfire mobile app