SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-25-2013, 10:48   #21
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Ryan View Post
But a social program with a 1% fraud rate is a big deal yo!
That's the number they say is for trafficking. From your link:
Quote:
USDA has cut “trafficking” — the sale of SNAP benefits for cash, which violates federal law — by three-quarters over the past 15 years. Only 1 percent, or $1 in every $100 of SNAP benefits, is trafficked.
They misquoted the USDA report, The Extent of Trafficking in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program: 2009–2011
. Here is what the USDA said:
Quote:
TRAFFICKING IN 2009–2011

Based on the best data available for 2009–2011, estimates indicate the following:
  • Trafficking diverted an estimated $858 million annually from SNAP benefits;
  • Overall, approximately 1.3 percent of total SNAP benefits were trafficked; and
  • Approximately 10.5 percent of all authorized SNAP stores engaged in trafficking.
A variety of store characteristics and settings were associated to the level of trafficking. Small stores—largely composed of smaller and medium sized groceries, and convenience stores— accounted for about 15 percent of all redemptions, but were estimated to account for 85 percent of all trafficking redemptions.³
There is that ³. It says:
Quote:
³ It should be noted that the trafficking estimate for supermarkets is highly volatile, reflecting their low presence among retailers who are investigated or sent charge letters, issues with detecting trafficking in these large, complexly organized stores, and the large share of redemptions accounted for by these stores. It is feasible that the amount of trafficking accounted for, given the methodology, can change dramatically from one study period to the next.
Is it an indication that supermarkets might be under-targeted for investigations. There are plenty of chains with stores located where economic lines blend, merge. USDA calls it the "Poverty level of the store’s neighborhood."

Store violation rates really vary based on poverty levels and urbanization levels. Investigations are focused on the store types in certain locations frequented by customers at certain income levels.

The USDA report is interesting read, more complete than the article in the original link.
Quote:
Any comments on the well researched piece I linked?
Always go to the source documents.
Quote:
Or would you like to get all worked up over the Faux Outrage piece posted at the top of the thread?
Why do you call it "Faux Outrage?"

It points out problems in a system. The problem is being addressed. Do we all agree the efforts are properly focused? Do we agree that the efforts are strong enough? We probably do not.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 06:01   #22
The Machinist
No Compromise

Typical response of a liberal. Government waste justifies more government waste.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:58   #23
hogship
It's MY Island

I'm in favor of going back to the depression "soup kitchens".....it's an idea that worked for those who truly needed help to prevent starvation.

Besides, if there were no food stamps, there would be almost no starvation anyway......but, a lot of those prior recipients will have to use their disposable income for food. Goodbye to cell phones, Xboxes, drugs, and whatever else isn't necessary to subsist.

ooc
Visit my Vietnam photo album, 1968-69 click on link

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
hogship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:23   #24
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Hey, as any liberal will tell you, don't worry about the fraud and waste, we can just print more money to pay for it.

It's just like having a giant money tree.

And, any Tea Party people who tell you different are racist and crazy.

Last edited by series1811; 10-26-2013 at 07:24..
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:36   #25
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post

From the article...Okay, solution is make the cards photo cards. Cardholder can't get in for the photo?
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
Simple solution: eliminate the entire thing.

Why the hell should I be forced to subsidize someone's twinkies?
This. Until I see innocent victims of starvation I'll support limiting such aid to volunteer private organizations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
Go ahead and shrug off the poor, Atlas, and see whqat happens when a roving gang of them storm your place and kill you for your twinkies.
Bring it on, I didn't stock up on ammo just for paper punching. I'm smiling now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Machinist View Post
Go for it. Come to my house and try to steal from me.
No, come to my house! I've got cookies!

Quote:
Congratulations America
You're a ******* idiot.
Troll just violated the TOS with that picture.
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:41   #26
jakebrake
cracker

Quote:
How about how much those idiots have wasted over the last few years trying to repeal Obamacare? How much could we have accomplished if the children in the house hadn't been throwing a 2+ year long tantrum? Just their salaries alone while they all sat round wasting our tax money on doing nothing when they should have been doing their jobs is significant.

But a social program with a 1% fraud rate is a big deal yo!

Any comments on the well researched piece I linked?

Or would you like to get all worked up over the Faux Outrage piece posted at the top of the thread?
how much have you idiots wasted on obongo care? and cash for clunkers, and every other failed program, yet, you'll sit here an fake giving a rat's ass about the well being of our country, while pointing out as government shutdown?

Last edited by jakebrake; 10-26-2013 at 07:41..
jakebrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:44   #27
hogship
It's MY Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
how much have you idiots wasted on obongo care? and cash for clunkers, and every other failed program, yet, you'll sit here an fake giving a rat's ass about the well being of our country, while pointing out as government shutdown?
Not to mention the "transparency" is on par with a brick wall.

ooc
Visit my Vietnam photo album, 1968-69 click on link

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
hogship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:59   #28
Big Mad Dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
The truth is the vast majority of liberals (Obama butt kissing bleeding heart idiots) don’t care about facts they believe only propaganda delivered from their masters. Given enough time liberals will turn America in to a western china with two classes the elite rulers and the majority as abused and used workers whose only hope is to not be too abused or killed by their masters. Liberals are not real Americans they are willing to embrace a political system that has failed several times throughout history but hay they don’t believe history any more than they do facts.

P.S. if the leech class want my stuff they will have to outlast my ammo supply.

Why so serious

If you don’t have any horses you must saddle your dogs - Dr. Saad
Big Mad Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:05   #29
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

I honestly don't care.

Just give them the money in cash and cut out the middle man.

If we limited this to people that needed the money in order to eat this wouldn't even be an issue. The poor who still have some integrity aren't doing this anyway.

As a matter of fact, while we are at it why don't we total up all their entitlements and give it all to them in cash?

Look where all these attempts at government control have landed us.

Regards,
Happyguy
Proverbs 21:31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but victory is of the LORD.

"I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive at death safely."

Last edited by happyguy; 10-26-2013 at 09:22..
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:09   #30
madbaumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
Hey, as any liberal will tell you, don't worry about the fraud and waste, we can just print more money to pay for it.

It's just like having a giant money tree.

And, any Tea Party people who tell you different are racist and crazy.
I'm not crazy...my mama had me tested!