GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-14-2010, 23:57   #1
SalfromCal

For those with Advantage Arms Conversion Kit.

Everybody talks about how great this kit is and how easy it's to install plus this and plus that but, I notice that there is not a single post showing how to take it apart or, lets say, "a complete disassembly" of the slide, not even a video on You Tube. I don't think it can be more difficult than a Glock slide but, it will be nice if AA put puts out a formal instruction sheet showing the few steps on how to remove the extractor in case it gets damage or plug with carbon. I noticed that the .22 Advantage Arms Conversion Slide uses a little fastener, not a solid pin, to hold the extractor in place. That fastener can be removed by pushing/pressing it out with a (-3/32) brass pin punch in order to remove the extractor and the safety plus both springs. Well, at least it worked for me. You'll be surprised how much carbon builds up inside these parts, specially if you run the kit wet so it's a good idea to clean it at least every 200 rounds.
Advantage Arms sells extractor and safety kits but they won't tell you how to remove them maybe because they want us to mail the kit back to CA? or...... probably we need to take the AA Conversion Kit Armorer's Course..

Last edited by SalfromCal; 03-25-2010 at 00:12..
SalfromCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 17:03   #2
tinman517

Have you seen this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3Qdyp-SxqY
tinman517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 18:10   #3
SalfromCal

It just goes as far as the slide cover plate and firing pin removal.
SalfromCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 21:32   #4
Emmett4glock

Reviving an old thread but here is an AA disassembly youtube video:

Last edited by Emmett4glock; 10-25-2013 at 21:59..
Emmett4glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 14:22   #5
Dave.1

SalfromCal, I remember you got pretty fed up with your AA kits and took down your posts on how to improve them.
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1251184

I've been working on auto pistols for quite a while but I learned a lot from the pictures you had posted and used them as a guide when I worked on my AA kits.

I would imagine your right, they want you to send the stuff to them, but when I've emailed back and forth with them about parts they've always been helpful. Even sent me a free recoil spring as an extra once.

I can't say I blame any manufacturer when they'd rather have you send something in to them. Just look in General Glocking at how many threads start with "I put in my new.....just like the directions said and now my Glock won't reset."

Any way, a big thanks to you, SalfromCal for sharing you knowledge and pictures on the AA kit. Was a great help to me. What are you shooting now?

Dave
Dave.1 is offline   Reply With Quote