Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-26-2013, 20:38   #21
Bren
NRA Life Member

The whole gay thing is one of the great ironies of Islam (right after the ironic "religion of peace" thing).

Based on what I have learned in 15 months of working with Afghans every day as well as Army training and hearing from other soldiers, the majority of muslim men would be called gay/bisexual by westerners, but they are violently ani-homosexual. I was reading one of the early articles about USMC Maj. Jason Brezler, who is in trouble for warning other Marines that an Afghan commander was sexually abusing boys on U.S. facilities. In the srticle was a statement that about 50% of Pashtun men have little boys, 9-14, as bacha bazi boys (Americans usually call them "chai boys") that they have sex with. My interpreter, last time I was here, estimated that aboput 80% of the privates in our basic training company were having sex with each other or sergeants and officers - but he was pretty flaming himself, so he may have overestimated.

However, they remain publicly anti-gay to the point they might actually kill this guy. If he was in Afghanistan, his life would be short.

Last edited by Bren; 10-26-2013 at 20:39..
Bren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 21:10   #22
Mad Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
It shows his mindset and where his loyalties lie.

It's extremely important what "book" he puts his hand on when he swears to uphold the laws of our land.

Most of the laws of our land are based on the Judeo-Christian belief system, so he should put his hand on a Bible when he swears to defend and uphold those laws.

Many of the concepts and belief systems described in the Quran are contradictory to the Judeo-Christian belief system. Why would he put his hand on one belief system and swear an oath to another?

Good Lawd lol.

I'm so sick of fundie idiots who don't even know about Christianity, let alone other religions.
Old 10-26-2013, 21:34   #23
ArtyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
It shows his mindset and where his loyalties lie.

It's extremely important what "book" he puts his hand on when he swears to uphold the laws of our land.

Most of the laws of our land are based on the Judeo-Christian belief system, so he should put his hand on a Bible when he swears to defend and uphold those laws.

Many of the concepts and belief systems described in the Quran are contradictory to the Judeo-Christian belief system. Why would he put his hand on one belief system and swear an oath to another?

I know plenty of Atheists in the military. Should they leave the service? I even know several Muslim Soldiers who have sacrificed far more than most Americans- they have the Purple Hearts to prove it. Who has done more for their country? Somehow if you're white and Christian you have a special status?
Old 10-26-2013, 22:20   #24
Gunnut 45/454

The Maggy
Maybe cause every public servant has since our nation was born! But we already know you support the Gay cause so a gay muslim suits you just fine doaen't it!
Old 10-26-2013, 22:29   #25
MZBKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnut 45/454 View Post
The Maggy
Maybe cause every public servant has since our nation was born! But we already know you support the Gay cause so a gay muslim suits you just fine doaen't it!
Thomas Jefferson didn't swear his oath of office on the bible, Ignoramus.
MZBKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 22:36   #26
Mad Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtyGuy View Post
I know plenty of Atheists in the military. Should they leave the service? I even know several Muslim Soldiers who have sacrificed far more than most Americans- they have the Purple Hearts to prove it. Who has done more for their country? Somehow if you're white and Christian you have a special status?
Good friend of mine is from Jordan. His sis did several tours in Iraq as a translator. She still has to put up with all sorts of racial slurs and being called a terrorist and whatnot. She's active duty Army.

Funny thing is she's not even Muslim. Whole family is Catholic.

Ignorant people are ignorant lol.
Old 10-26-2013, 22:37   #27
Mad Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnut 45/454 View Post
The Maggy
Only thing worse than Evangelical Christians who don't know squat about their religion are "Patriots" who don't know squat about America.
Old 10-26-2013, 22:43   #28
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Ryan View Post
Good friend of mine is from Jordan. His sis did several tours in Iraq as a translator. She still has to put up with all sorts of racial slurs and being called a terrorist and whatnot. She's active duty Army.

Funny thing is she's not even Muslim. Whole family is Catholic.

Ignorant people are ignorant lol.
Being currently in the Army and deployed, I don't believe you. I haven't seen that anywhere I've been. I've met US soldiers actually from Iraq, iran and Afghanistan and never saw them mistreated.
Bren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 05:35   #29
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maggy View Post
1)What is a radial muslim?
A rival sect of the angular muslims, but from what I can tell they both boil down to about the same thing.
Quote:
2) Why does it matter what book he put his hand upon to swear in?
Because it makes no sense to have a congressman swear an oath on the book he actually believes in rather than the book the OP believes in. Why risk the wrath of a God you really believe exists, should you violate that oath? Much safer to break an oath to Zeus, cause Zeus got no juice anymore.

Randy

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

Last edited by steveksux; 10-27-2013 at 05:36..
steveksux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 05:59   #30
walt cowan

So if he adds crackhead to that list...he could become the potus.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:15   #31
Mad Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Being currently in the Army and deployed, I don't believe you. I haven't seen that anywhere I've been. I've met US soldiers actually from Iraq, iran and Afghanistan and never saw them mistreated.
I just know what he told me 2nd hand from her.

Going by some of the knuckleheads from my old unit I can totally see it. Some of those guys were troglodytes.

I got the impression that most of it was when she's out in town. She looks Arab.

Last edited by Mad Ryan; 10-28-2013 at 02:16..
Mad Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:42   #32
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Ryan View Post
I just know what he told me 2nd hand from her.

Well, you can't get any more definitive than that.