Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:55   #1
BigMoosie

Glock 17 blowback airsoft for training?

Does anyone have any recommendations, I'm looking to get one for training inside over the winter. Must have a metal slide and have the same weight feel and the slide must cycle to simulate the feel.
BigMoosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:06   #2
akgunnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMoosie View Post
Does anyone have any recommendations, I'm looking to get one for training inside over the winter. Must have a metal slide and have the same weight feel and the slide must cycle to simulate the feel.
Check out www.redwolfairsoft.com. They sell all kinds of quality airsoft guns, plus metal slides, accessories, and other upgrades.
akgunnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:19   #3
BigMoosie

Thanks, do you know where abouts these guys are based?

Last edited by BigMoosie; 10-24-2013 at 08:29..
BigMoosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:42   #4
tager

Quote:
Morning Big Moosie

I have many Air Soft (most are KWA) blowback in about every large auto pistol I own. Unfortunately I don't have an Air Soft clone in the Glock format (yet).

The one I shoot the most (about daily) is an exact replica on my Sig 226.

At 10-12 yards the thing is accurate enough for most training purposes but it will only do about a 3" group at 10 yards.

What I have found is the Air Soft guns are just great for doing Force-on-force training with other Air soft owners. In fact the Air Soft has shown me a few things to work on in my close (arms length) type armed confrontations.

The Air Soft is also just great for doing holster draw & fire training. Something most ranges don't allow & something you donít want to do in your basement with live rounds.

Now on the down side-- The blow back does disrupt the sight picture & demand a re-acquisition of the sight picture but no where near as much as a real recoiling hand gun.

My other big complaint is the trigger pull & pull through on the air soft is no where near like on a real handgun. I have worked on & worked on all my air soft triggers & so far can't get them even close to any of their real counterparts.

I have no real complaints with my KWA blow back guns but have broken a few trigger/hammer parts over the last few years (easy enough to buy replacements on the interweb). But keep in mind that I usually shoot a 100 shots or more daily & most of the parts are just cheap diecast aluminum.

I do shoot Propane instead of green gas as it would be cost prohibitive to shoot green gas as much as I shoot. IF you watch the propane cylinder storage temperatures you can get quite even pressure shot to shot & even get a full magazine of shooting out of each propane filling. (too hot or too cold on the propane storage does change the mag amount per filing & change the working pressures slightly).
tager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 18:20   #5
ken grant

KWA Glock Airsofts are almost impossible to find as they no longer make them.

A KSC is easier to find and almost the same pistol as they are made by the same people.

I have a KSC G17 and it is a great Airsoft but I have not shot it much as I have several KWA G19's (one still NIB)and shoot them a lot.
My #1 G19 had over 20,000 BB's through it and then the barrel broke.
I sent it to KWA/USA and they did a total rebuild . It cost a little over $50.00 including shipping.
I also use Propane in mine and in warm temps can get over 6,000 shots per bottle while getting over 2 mags shot each fill.

They are great practice tools you can use at home for drawing and pointshooting as they weight about the same as the real ones but you don't get the noise,recoil or same trigger pull.
They don't fit all holsters but do fit in most that the real Glocks do.
Old 10-26-2013, 21:09   #6
TSiWRX

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by akgunnut View Post
Check out www.redwolfairsoft.com. They sell all kinds of quality airsoft guns, plus metal slides, accessories, and other upgrades.
Thanks, do you know where abouts these guys are based?
Redwolf is located Hong Kong.

Although plenty safe and easy enough to do, there's really no need for you to take that route unless you're looking at the airsoft as more than a training tool to supplement your firearms work (translation - if you collect airsoft replicas or skirmish game ). There are plenty of US-based companies that will offer excellent pricing on Taiwan-made airsoft replicas that will be plenty sufficient for your needs...

...well, sorta.......

tager and ken grant have both given excellent advice, but I want to focus specifically on your desires:

Quote:
No matter how many/much "metal" components are on the replica, it's not going to have the same weight distribution as the real-deal.

If you really wanted to, I'm sure you can figure out a way to really weight-bias the front of the replica, but until you do so, it'll have a very center-balanced feel, with most of the weight being in the grip due to the pressurized-gas reservoir that is the replica's magazine.

Trust me, I've got a Glock 18 replica as well as a Glock 26 replica - both of which plays host to as many "metal" upgrades as there are available out there. I've got a host of other airsoft replicas, too (I have 1911 replicas that costs as much as a real-deal Wilson), and yes, all share this same trait.

If you're looking for absolute realism in weight balance, you'd be better served with properly weighted magazines for your Glock pistol.

Cycling of the slide also won't feel realistic, no matter which aftermarket "metal slide" you use. Even sub-caliber .22 conversion kits will produce more felt recoil. There are specialized pneumatic recoil simulators available, if this is what you're really looking for in terms of practice.

Here are a few recent past threads that might be helpful to you:

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...hlight=airsoft
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...5#post20233775
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...t#post20121584
TSiWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:52   #7
Kcolg

We have 12 KWA Glock replicas. Been used for force on force training for about 10 years. Had 2 break but it was the operators fault, one was dropped and broke the slide and the other a guy (who had no business doing so) tried to demonstrate to another how to disasemble and reasemble it and the slide is now jammed on crooked.. They are made of cheap pot metal so a drop on a hard surface will usually break them. Ours shoot at 305 - 315 fps. And use a quality .2 gr. BB for best accuracy. Maybe try .25 gr. as well.
Old 10-27-2013, 13:14   #8
threefeathers
Scouts Out

We use several airsofts in our CCW and Safety classes. It is Sam Spade who teaches the class so ask him.
threefeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:06   #9
A'boy
fulla hateraid

Send a message via Yahoo to A'boy
An even better training tool.
http://nextleveltraining.com/content...raining-pistol
Old 10-29-2013, 08:11   #10
Clusterfrack

I use a KSC G19 airsoft replica to keep me honest in my dryfire drills (which of course are done with a real Glock). I think it's an excellent training tool.
Old 11-08-2013, 16:43   #11
Colinz

most of it deleted...

Last edited by Colinz; 11-08-2013 at 16:44.. Reason: too fast on the trigger...
Colinz is offline   Reply With Quote