GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-26-2013, 19:33   #1
Jamesey

Would you REALLY shoot federal agents if they come for you?

We've all heard the 2nd Amendment is for resisting a tyrannical government and many of us have thought (fantasized?) about what we would do if they come for our guns. This seems more likely to happen given the actions of our current administration

Sent from my LG-VS700 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Old 10-29-2013, 18:01   #2
ArmoryDoc

*crickets chirping*
ArmoryDoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 18:22   #3
c01
Crazy Eye

Crickets evacuating.....
c01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 18:40   #4
Jamesey

OK, that was obviously an incomplete post as well as an incomplete thought. Here's the rest of it:

Perhaps it won't come to a literal gun confiscation. Perhaps it'll be IRS agents coming to collect the ObamaCare "fine" you've refused to pay, or agents coming to take you to the doctor for your mandatory annual wellness check even though you feel fine. Maybe you refused to answer certain intrusive questions ("when was the last time you had sex and with whom?") on your last office visit. Or perhaps the medical premium for the coming year has doubled and you simply CAN'T PAY IT. Or some other reason that has caused you to ping on the feds' radar. Whatever the reason, 20-30 armed and armored officers are closing in on your home, car, etc., and your BS meter says there's no justifiable reason for such a show of force. What do you think you would do?

Unless I'm way off base, this is the very reason so many have collected AR's, AK's, and lots of ammo--to resist an oppressive, abusive, unconstitutionallly acting government. There have already been small scale demonstrations of police state mentallity during "emergencies" like natural disasters, manhunts for dangerous suspects (Boston bombers) and I don't think I'm stretching credibility to think that it could happen during the next 3 years (or more?) of our current administration. I have idly thought about what I would want to do versus what I could actually do if they ever came to my door. Here are my thoughts, FWIW.

I would WANT to grab what guns I have and engage the intruders as they came thru the door. The likelihood that I would survive is very low. I'd be outnumbered, outgunned, and outrained. I might take a few out before they cut me down but that's all.

If by some miracle I were to prevail, the next question becomes: WHAT NOW?? I obviously can't stay there; reinforcements will be coming soon. I could snatch some genuine assualt weapons and ammo and try to run, but to where?? I'm just John Q citizen; I don't have a safehouse somewhere else. Should I use my car? No, they know what I drive. Take one of theirs? Probably has gps tracking, and they'd notice one of their vehicles missing within minutes. I could ditch whatever vehicle I use a short distance away and casually walk away....but what about the 2-3 M4/MP5's I just procured?? That would stand out in a crowd. If only I had grabbed a black gear bag before I left!! And I still have nowhere to go, to hide!!!

This is about as far as the action movie in my mind gets. Unless I'm already part of an unorganized citizen militia group (I'm not) I would have no coherent idea of what to do next. Defending myself against 1 or 2 criminal thugs is one thing; resisting 1 or 2 dozen (or more) government thugs is quite another. As the Borg of Star Trek lore would say, Resistance is Futile....or at least it seems to be.

Assuming the administrator lets this post stand, what thoughts do any of you have?? If nothing else it could make for interesting storytelling.
Old 10-29-2013, 18:40   #5
Glockgeezer

What would I shoot them with? All my guns were lost in a tragic boating accident.
Glockgeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 18:44   #6
Joshhtn
The eBay Guy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Joshhtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 19:24   #7
Dalton Wayne
CLM Number 239
Epic mustache

Send a message via MSN to Dalton Wayne Send a message via Skype™ to Dalton Wayne
No way, but they can't take what I don't have

Good people sleep peaceable in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf
Regards
DW
Dalton Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 19:27   #8
Gun Shark

Send a message via AIM to Gun Shark Send a message via MSN to Gun Shark Send a message via Yahoo to Gun Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesey View Post
OK, that was obviously an incomplete post as well as an incomplete thought. Here's the rest of it:

Perhaps it won't come to a literal gun confiscation. Perhaps it'll be IRS agents coming to collect the ObamaCare "fine" you've refused to pay, or agents coming to take you to the doctor for your mandatory annual wellness check even though you feel fine. Maybe you refused to answer certain intrusive questions ("when was the last time you had sex and with whom?") on your last office visit. Or perhaps the medical premium for the coming year has doubled and you simply CAN'T PAY IT. Or some other reason that has caused you to ping on the feds' radar. Whatever the reason, 20-30 armed and armored officers are closing in on your home, car, etc., and your BS meter says there's no justifiable reason for such a show of force. What do you think you would do?

Unless I'm way off base, this is the very reason so many have collected AR's, AK's, and lots of ammo--to resist an oppressive, abusive, unconstitutionallly acting government. There have already been small scale demonstrations of police state mentallity during "emergencies" like natural disasters, manhunts for dangerous suspects (Boston bombers) and I don't think I'm stretching credibility to think that it could happen during the next 3 years (or more?) of our current administration. I have idly thought about what I would want to do versus what I could actually do if they ever came to my door. Here are my thoughts, FWIW.

I would WANT to grab what guns I have and engage the intruders as they came thru the door. The likelihood that I would survive is very low. I'd be outnumbered, outgunned, and outrained. I might take a few out before they cut me down but that's all.

If by some miracle I were to prevail, the next question becomes: WHAT NOW?? I obviously can't stay there; reinforcements will be coming soon. I could snatch some genuine assualt weapons and ammo and try to run, but to where?? I'm just John Q citizen; I don't have a safehouse somewhere else. Should I use my car? No, they know what I drive. Take one of theirs? Probably has gps tracking, and they'd notice one of their vehicles missing within minutes. I could ditch whatever vehicle I use a short distance away and casually walk away....but what about the 2-3 M4/MP5's I just procured?? That would stand out in a crowd. If only I had grabbed a black gear bag before I left!! And I still have nowhere to go, to hide!!!

This is about as far as the action movie in my mind gets. Unless I'm already part of an unorganized citizen militia group (I'm not) I would have no coherent idea of what to do next. Defending myself against 1 or 2 criminal thugs is one thing; resisting 1 or 2 dozen (or more) government thugs is quite another. As the Borg of Star Trek lore would say, Resistance is Futile....or at least it seems to be.

Assuming the administrator lets this post stand, what thoughts do any of you have?? If nothing else it could make for interesting storytelling.
My thoughts are it's one of the stupidest questions and answers I have seen in a while.

Anyone have that "it's a trap" image?

I am also insanely surprised this thread still exists. Especially after the OP's post.

"No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms." --Thomas Jefferson

"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."

Last edited by Gun Shark; 10-29-2013 at 19:37..
Gun Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 19:47   #9
Laslo

Read here NSA

Oh crap the NSA was able to read my post before the edit.

Last edited by Laslo; 10-29-2013 at 19:49..
Laslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:53   #10
walt cowan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesey View Post
We've all heard the 2nd Amendment is for resisting a tyrannical government and many of us have thought (fantasized?) about what we would do if they come for our guns. This seems more likely to happen given the actions of our current administration

Sent from my LG-VS700 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
ever think about asking that question over at the du? sure would give the nsa boys something to read.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:56   #11
eb07
Sharkin'

Another apex predator post.
eb07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:23   #12
F350

Yea, right! Like I'm going to answer that on an open forum probably monitored by every alphabet agency of the federal government.
F350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:32   #13
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Dude, you have it all wrong. We collect these weapons to shoot little brown welfare mongers and their grubby little shoeless, diaperless offspring when the .gov finally can't pay for them anymore.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:33   #14
w9trb

Quote:
Originally Posted by walt cowan View Post
ever think about asking that question over at the du? sure would give the nsa boys something to read.
DU won't even let me sign on, guess they check ID's for voting purity.
w9trb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:42   #15
MATLOCK-G21
get to da chopa

Send a message via Yahoo to MATLOCK-G21
martial law!
Old 11-15-2013, 13:11   #16
Manimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun Shark View Post
My thoughts are it's one of the stupidest questions and answers I have seen in a while.

Anyone have that "it's a trap" image?

I am also insanely surprised this thread still exists. Especially after the OP's post.

The Furball Forum

Last edited by Manimal; 11-15-2013 at 13:12..
Manimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:34   #17
walt cowan

something about a box, stick, string and bait comes to mind.
Old 12-10-2013, 21:54   #18
Ohio Cop

You are the reason we have the 4473...

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Ohio Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 22:24   #19
Gun Shark

Send a message via AIM to Gun Shark Send a message via MSN to Gun Shark Send a message via Yahoo to Gun Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
You are the reason we have the 4473...

Last edited by Gun Shark; 12-10-2013 at 22:25..
Old 12-10-2013, 23:24   #20
Gun Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimal View Post
The Furball Forum
Thank you.

Last edited by Gun Shark; 12-10-2013 at 23:25..