GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2014, 17:40   #101
steveksux
Massive Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 13,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchman View Post
The Grand Jury is a game played in the DA's court, where the DA has the home court advantage. No judge. No media. No defense. And it still took the DA two tries to get a win.

Next will be the trial.
Generally what do they say? The DA can get a GJ to indict a ham sandwich? If it took two tries here, it's likely not a strong case as some here think it is.

Randy
steveksux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 18:08   #102
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 42,577
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchman View Post
The Grand Jury is a game played in the DA's court, where the DA has the home court advantage. No judge. No media. No defense. And it still took the DA two tries to get a win.

Next will be the trial.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveksux View Post
Generally what do they say? The DA can get a GJ to indict a ham sandwich? If it took two tries here, it's likely not a strong case as some here think it is.

Randy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchman View Post
Next will be the trial.
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 12:27   #103
nmk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
Let me get this straight:


Not ok for a police officer to defend himself against an unarmed man.


Ok for a CCW holder (think George Zimmerman) to defend himself against an unarmed man.


Copy that.


Stay behind your computers where it's safe and leave the real work to men.
I have no idea what happened that night, but this is some very poor logic. Strawman, poor analogy, ad hom, etc.

Copy?
nmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 19:10   #104
Ohio Copper
Senior Member
 
Ohio Copper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: In the hood
Posts: 3,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmk View Post
I have no idea what happened that night, but this is some very poor logic. Strawman, poor analogy, ad hom, etc.

Copy?


An individual who was attempting to break into a residence (and ultimately took the door off the frame) was shot by police when he advanced on them. Etc. Etc.
__________________
Quote:
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do.

Benjamin Franklin
Ohio Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 14:21   #105
Ohio Copper
Senior Member
 
Ohio Copper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: In the hood
Posts: 3,926
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...ption-charges/


Perhaps the mayor should have worried about himself...
__________________
Quote:
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do.

Benjamin Franklin
Ohio Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 14:30   #106
John Rambo
Raven
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 8,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...ption-charges/


Perhaps the mayor should have worried about himself...
I don't understand the relevance. Did the police shoot him while he was unarmed, too?
John Rambo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 19:46   #107
Ohio Copper
Senior Member
 
Ohio Copper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: In the hood
Posts: 3,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
I don't understand the relevance. Did the police shoot him while he was unarmed, too?
The mayor had an awful lot to say in regards to Officer Kerrick's actions.

Those who live in glass houses and all....
__________________
Quote:
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do.

Benjamin Franklin
Ohio Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 19:47   #108
Ohio Copper
Senior Member
 
Ohio Copper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: In the hood
Posts: 3,926
Other news articles state that he was charged so quickly to prevent "race riots".

Where is his due process?
__________________
Quote:
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do.

Benjamin Franklin
Ohio Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:58   #109
Patchman
Florist
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Land of Flora, Fauna & Merriweather
Posts: 11,519
Now it's making a lot more sense. Forget the theory his motive was trying to prevent a race riot. More likely he wanted to start one.

Let's look at it more pragmatically. The mayor resigned this week. The shooting occurred in September of 2013. He fanned the flames pretty heavily. Timeline wise, the mayor attempted to use the shooting to throw the heat and focus of the corruption investigation off himself.
__________________
Sounds like he has nothing left but be a monkey's uncle. It's not like he's got a monkey's manhood left.

And thank YOU for being perfect, all the time, every time. Go forth and reproduce. We need more of you.

Last edited by Patchman; 03-27-2014 at 07:11..
Patchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:49   #110
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 42,577
Blog Entries: 64
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:53   #111
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 43,569
Blog Entries: 1


"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain".

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:17   #112
Ohio Copper
Senior Member
 
Ohio Copper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: In the hood
Posts: 3,926
I may be mistaken and don't catch me lying here but Officer Kerrick wasn't the only one thrown under the bus by his mayor and his staff, was he?
__________________
Quote:
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do.

Benjamin Franklin
Ohio Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:32   #113
hooligan74
Senior Member
 
hooligan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 2,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
Other news articles state that he was charged so quickly to prevent "race riots".

Where is his due process?

As a resident of Charlotte, I see no real world scenarios to back up that assertion (race riots were on the horizon).
hooligan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 13:59.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,234
416 Members
818 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42