Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-15-2014, 19:58   #1
DonCT

The state of modern marriage

Is quite good. In fact, better than it has been in decades.

All those folks worrying that the falling percentage of Christians, increasing numbers of atheists and the legalization of same-sex marriage would doom traditional marriage can rest easy. The divorce rate in America is continuing its three-decade decline and is now below 1940s levels.

Religious Issues

Combine that with the plunging crime rate over the past 30 years

Religious Issues

and the fact that teens getting pregnant at much lower rates than since WWII

Religious Issues

and you reach the inescapable conclusion that socially, there has never been a better time to be an American.

Last edited by DonCT; 02-15-2014 at 20:05..
DonCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 20:04   #2
Batesmotel

Divorce may be down but cohabitation is way up. Many people won't need to divorce because they just never marry.

An attorney friend handles a lot of "Dissolution of Assets" cases. Basically splitting assets without the need for divorce proceedings because they never married.
Old 02-16-2014, 06:55   #3
FriarTuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batesmotel View Post
Divorce may be down but cohabitation is way up. Many people won't need to divorce because they just never marry.

An attorney friend handles a lot of "Dissolution of Assets" cases. Basically splitting assets without the need for divorce proceedings because they never married.

Good point, Bates, but likely DonCT will ignore it; he's part of the sexual anarchy lobby in today's media 'elites', quack psychology, and lib politics. They once claimed to only want "freedom" to do whatever in the privacy of their own bedrooms, but that was a lie. Now they parade their perversions in our faces on Main Street and in our media, especially Hollywood "entertainment". They want access to our children. LGBTism was once called an "alternative" lifestyle, but now it's the preferred lifestyle of libs and the Democratic Party.

Now they want to use the police power of the state to persecute "intolerant" Christians, and also to make sure there is no return from a "choice" (mistake) a confused child may once have made. "Once gay, always gay" is their motto. Thus California's new law making it taboo to counsel minors how to overcome unwanted same-sex attraction.

They also want kids to use whichever restroom, boys or girls, they may think they want, never mind girls' right to privacy. And they want twisted, medical mutilation sex change operations to permanently remove perfectly healthy body parts, to be done at taxpayer expense.

They're even perverting the rainbow, kidnapping it as their symbol, like they did the word "gay". God gave us the rainbow as a reminder, not only that He judges sin, but that He forgives and heals those who repent.

Last edited by FriarTuck; 02-16-2014 at 07:02..
FriarTuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 07:23   #4
Dave514

Get the government out of a religious institution. Solve a problem.
I will not attack your doctrines nor your creeds if they accord liberty to me. If they hold thought to be dangerous - if they aver that doubt is a crime, then I attack them one and all, because they enslave the minds of men."
Robert Ingersoll
Dave514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:12   #5
DonCT

More great news:

Abortion is at a 40-year low

Religious Issues
Old 02-16-2014, 08:14   #6
DonCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave514 View Post
Interesting point. Because all this great development coincided with what is known as "The Great Decline"

Religious Issues

Quote:
Religiosity in the United States is in the midst of what might be called The Great Decline. Previous declines in religion pale in comparison. Over the past fifteen years, the drop in religiosity has been twice as great as the decline of the 1960s and 1970s.
http://tobingrant.religionnews.com/2...tes-one-graph/
Old 02-16-2014, 10:11   #7
Vic Hays

And how many children are being born by single mothers?

The backbone of society is not just a lack of divorce, it is strong nuclear families. Single parents just don't have the time and energy to properly mentor their children.

Psalms 37:25-26. I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.
He is ever merciful, and lendeth; and his seed is blessed.

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Vic Hays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 13:42   #8
Guss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Hays View Post
And how many children are being born by single mothers?
The Pro-Lifers should be delighted with the statistics on that.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/almost-h...unwed-mothers/
Guss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 01:04   #9
Alizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCT View Post
Is quite good. In fact, better than it has been in decades.
That can't be right. All the experts said that allowing gays to marry would destroy the institution of marriage.
Alizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 07:13   #10
DonCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizard View Post
That can't be right. All the experts said that allowing gays to marry would destroy the institution of marriage.
Seriously. With flawless logic, they predicted that allowing homosexual couples to marry each other would cause heterosexual marriages to collapse.

Old 02-17-2014, 09:22   #11
FriarTuck

Quote:
Seriously. With flawless logic, they predicted that allowing homosexual couples to marry each other would cause heterosexual marriages to collapse.

The UN is about to recognize the Kinsey Institute for Research in Sex, Gender and Reproduction based at Indianna University. Kinsey was considered a great researcher and scientist in the 1950s thru 1970s by perverts with PhDs and the homosexual and pedophile movements which to this day thank Kinsey for their advances.

In 1981, an actual great scholar, Judith Reisman, raised questions about Kinsey. She found that he had solicited pedophiles to violate infants and children for his alleged data on child sexuality, utilizing manual abuse, oral and anal sodomy, and genital intercourse. He also got data from imprisoned sex offenders, prostitutes, and promiscuous homosexuals.

Karma finally caught up with Kinsey: his death was at least partly due to orchitis secondary to self-instrumentation (he liked sticking wires up his urethra).

The Bible is right. Perversion isn't good for you or for society, and sex outside of marriage is wrong (full disclosure: I failed to follow these rules all the time myself back in the day. But I've repented and been forgiven. You can too -ask and ye shall receive).
Old 02-17-2014, 09:32   #12
Vic Hays

Quote:

With the pressures of modern life and then taking away the sanctity and honor of marriage and then passing laws that encourage unwed mothers to have children out of wedlock. It is a wonder that many get married at all.

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Vic Hays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 12:11   #13
FriarTuck

Quote:
In Seattle, that Muslim who tried to burn down a crowded gay nightclub at New Years said, "Homosexuals should be exterminated".
Why no denunciations of this "homophobia" from San Francisco libs, the SPLC, and assorted other progressive human rights fans?
Why do they keep on pushing for continued Muslim immigration?
Isn't that kinda 'government promoting a religious institution'?
Wouldn't stopping Muslim immigration "solve a problem" here?
Old 02-17-2014, 12:19   #14
Dave514

What in the hell are you rambling on about? We're talking about the state of modern marriage.... Oh, I get it, because I spanked your little bottom in that other thread by pointing out how you take one little grain of truth like the FBI warning Norris and turn it into a whole nightmare about how we should all be afraid of all Muslims in the US, you now want to insult me here and make insuations about things I've never even remotely said.

Well, I'm going to stick with the Marriage topic here so if you want to go on about Muslims then just run back over to the other thread and don't ruin this one too.
I will not attack your doctrines nor your creeds if they accord liberty to me. If they hold thought to be dangerous - if they aver that doubt is a crime, then I attack them one and all, because they enslave the minds of men."
Robert Ingersoll

Last edited by Dave514; 02-17-2014 at 12:19..
Old 02-17-2014, 12:30   #15
Guss

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriarTuck View Post
Karma finally caught up with Kinsey: his death was at least partly due to orchitis secondary to self-instrumentation (he liked sticking wires up his urethra).
Or could it have been a heart ailment and pneumonia?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Kinsey#Death
Guss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 13:22   #16
Roering
Sorting nuts

Quote:
It would be nice. I doubt the government would leave us alone though.

Never buy vegan tacos from a chick with longer armpit hair than yourself. - Woofie
Roering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:39   #17
FriarTuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guss View Post
Or could it have been a heart ailment and pneumonia?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Kinsey#Death
The New York Times gushed over what a wonderful scientist this pervert was. Gee, would a leftist rag like the New York Times ever fudge the truth, perhaps by suggesting that he died solely of heart ailment and pneumonia, with no mention of the shameful orchitis due to self-instrumentation?

The New York Times saw their biased communist reporter Durranty get a Pulitzer for 'reporting' Stalin's propaganda that no Ukrainian kulaks were dying, when, in fact, about 4 million of them, men, women, and children, were being murdered by Stalin's man-made famine. Yeah, leftist MSM is really reliable and truthful...NOT!
Old 02-18-2014, 12:33   #18
FriarTuck

Quote:
What in the hell are you rambling on about? We're talking about the state of modern marriage.... Oh, I get it, because I spanked your little bottom in that other thread by pointing out how you take one little grain of truth like the FBI warning Norris and turn it into a whole nightmare about how we should all be afraid of all Muslims in the US, you now want to insult me here and make insuations about things I've never even remotely said.

Well, I'm going to stick with the Marriage topic here so if you want to go on about Muslims then just run back over to the other thread and don't ruin this one too.
The OP brought up homosexuality ("same-sex marriage") and the opinion that the left was improving things.

My post that you're complaining about mentioned homosexuality and how the left was making things worse by championing Islam. Far from making things better, today's left ruins many things, including:
-modern marriage (by redefining marriage, by easy divorce laws that harm children and plague society with more crime, drug abuse, welfare recipients, by marginalizing Christianity which gave us a free, just, prosperous, strong society with healthy family units, honesty, and a good work ethic, in the first place)
-health care (Obamacare is causing millions to lose health care coverage, and seeks to put insurance companies out of business)
-the Second Amendment (libs' Obama is striving to end it by any means, legal or illegal -remember Fast and Furious?)
-the Defense Of Marriage Act (Americans wanted it, but Obama illegally refused to enforce it, and let lib activist judges shove homosexuality down the public's throat in place after place)
-prosperity (Obama's out-of-control spending and raising of our debt is leading to financial meltdown, and attendant chaos)
-our sovereignty and borders (Obama wants them to remain undefended, and tens of millions of illegal immigrant to be given citizenship to vote Democrat)
-our security (by spying on we, the people. And by illegally and unjustly siccing the IRS on conservatives. And by continuing to admit lots of Muslims, when we know Islam teaches war against all non-Muslims and is doing so every day)

There's more, lots more. But you get the idea. Libs don't make things better, quite the contrary. John Muir once noted that everything in the universe is hitched to everything else. So this thread DOES encompass everything I've mentioned, since libs have been ruining them as well as modern marriage.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:42   #19
Dave514

Not hating gay marriage is pro Muslim?... Uhhh, you ARE aware that Muslims are against gay marriage, right?

I say we should get the government out of religion and you turn that into me "pushing for continued Muslim immigration".

Oh, that's right. You are with JB that the Constitution was for freedom to practice Christianity and nothing more, nothing less.

Stick with the topic of modern marriage and stop making up stuff about me wanting to immigrate more Muslims.
Robert Ingersoll
Old 02-18-2014, 12:59   #20
FriarTuck

Quote:
(2)Not hating gay marriage is pro Muslim?... Uhhh, you ARE aware that Muslims are against gay marriage, right?
(1) stop making up stuff about me wanting to immigrate more Muslims.
(1) Are you saying you agree that we should stop Muslim immigration?

If so, hallelujah!

(2) Christians don't "hate gay marriage". Christians just want to keep the age-old definition of marriage, as being between one-man and one-woman, generally till death do them part.

Christians are to hate the sin, but love the sinner. If a "gay" or a Muslim can be brought to Christ, there is great rejoicing. But the saved individual changes his ways: he abandons sodomy, he abandons jihad/sharia.