GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2014, 10:29   #26
aircarver
Silver Membership
Ride Continues
 
aircarver's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Ft. Worth TX
Posts: 24,322


Quote:
Originally Posted by waawaaweenie View Post
if the progressives think that a "fair" tax system has one person paying a bigger percentage of the taxes than another, they should also believe that person deserves more of a say in how the money is spent. only seems "fair"
THAT is never gonna compute in the liberal mind in a million years ....

.
__________________
They'd created a vast, permanently unemployed underclass, dependent upon the Republic's stupendous welfare machine for its very existence, and in so doing, they'd sown the seeds of their own destruction. No one could place two-thirds of a world's population on the Dole and keep them there forever without the entire system crashing . . . but how in hell did one get them off the Dole? -David Weber, Flag in Exile
aircarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:30   #27
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 42,635
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanVic View Post
Yeah, let's give the federal government the right to arbitrarily decide who they'd like to vote. What could go wrong? It's not like they've unfairly used their power to target people before.

I see the usual "conservatives" are in favor of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by waawaaweenie View Post
if the progressives think that a "fair" tax system has one person paying a bigger percentage of the taxes than another, they should also believe that person deserves more of a say in how the money is spent. only seems "fair"
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:38   #28
DonGlock26
Senior Member
 
DonGlock26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 106,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by akroguy View Post
Tax payers of record only get a vote.

Suck off the Gov't teat and you have ZERO say in what happens to the money the rest of us pay to sustain your dumb ass.
That's more like it. In the beginning, in the states, you had to own real property in order to vote. Today, a tax paying requirement would make sure that only people actually paying for the gov't would be able to control the gov't.
__________________
“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”
DonGlock26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:06   #29
steve4102
Senior Member
 
steve4102's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonGlock26 View Post
That's more like it. In the beginning, in the states, you had to own real property in order to vote. Today, a tax paying requirement would make sure that only people actually paying for the gov't would be able to control the gov't.
How would this affect those that work for the Government and do not contribute to the Tax base, only remove $$ from it? Would they be considered "Tax Payers" even though they contributed $0.00$ to the general tax fund? I say NO.
__________________
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
steve4102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 12:04   #30
Kablam
Senior Member
 
Kablam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanVic View Post
Yeah, let's give the federal government the right to arbitrarily decide who they'd like to vote. What could go wrong? It's not like they've unfairly used their power to target people before.

I see the usual "conservatives" are in favor of it.
We already have, and we're living with the result.

Last edited by Kablam; 02-16-2014 at 12:05..
Kablam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 12:21   #31
Reheater
Yarr
 
Reheater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Where the Army sends me
Posts: 1,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve4102 View Post
How would this affect those that work for the Government and do not contribute to the Tax base, only remove $$ from it? Would they be considered "Tax Payers" even though they contributed $0.00$ to the general tax fund? I say NO.
So those months spent in Iraq or Afghanistan is heir rich reward for getting over on the tax system?

You sound just like the hippies and haters that tell me I shouldn't get free health care because my service isn't anything special compared to the 99% of the population that didn't take an oath to serve their country.

How about cops or firemen? You know those people that make sure those property owners don't get raped and murdered or have the property they own burn down on top of them?
__________________
Napalm solves a lot more problems then prayer.
Reheater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 12:27   #32
Guss
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tampa
Posts: 2,357
Rule by a rich aristocracy??? Seems like my ancestors fought a revolution about that.
Guss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 12:54   #33
aircarver
Silver Membership
Ride Continues
 
aircarver's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Ft. Worth TX
Posts: 24,322


Seems we fought a war about slavery, too ....

.
__________________
They'd created a vast, permanently unemployed underclass, dependent upon the Republic's stupendous welfare machine for its very existence, and in so doing, they'd sown the seeds of their own destruction. No one could place two-thirds of a world's population on the Dole and keep them there forever without the entire system crashing . . . but how in hell did one get them off the Dole? -David Weber, Flag in Exile
aircarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 15:04   #34
IvanVic
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kablam View Post
We already have, and we're living with the result.
A system under which the federal government can't abuse its powers by suppressing the vote. How horrible.

If you want to grant the Feds such an overwhelming power over the people, don't walk around calling yourself a small government conservative.
IvanVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 16:19   #35
steve4102
Senior Member
 
steve4102's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reheater View Post
So those months spent in Iraq or Afghanistan is heir rich reward for getting over on the tax system?

You sound just like the hippies and haters that tell me I shouldn't get free health care because my service isn't anything special compared to the 99% of the population that didn't take an oath to serve their country.

How about cops or firemen? You know those people that make sure those property owners don't get raped and murdered or have the property they own burn down on top of them?
Thank you for your service. I did not mention(forgot) Military as They are not true Government Employees, they are not members of the Public Employees Union and they are the only ones that get screwed over every time we have a Democrat majority or Democrat President.

Military personnel should get a two-fer-one.

Cops a Firefighters pays dues to Organized Crime to negotiate their salaries and pensions. They should get no vote.
__________________
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
steve4102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 16:36   #36
CAcop
Senior Member
 
CAcop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: California
Posts: 21,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve4102 View Post
Thank you for your service. I did not mention(forgot) Military as They are not true Government Employees, they are not members of the Public Employees Union and they are the only ones that get screwed over every time we have a Democrat majority or Democrat President.

Military personnel should get a two-fer-one.

Cops a Firefighters pays dues to Organized Crime to negotiate their salaries and pensions. They should get no vote.
I don't pay money to OC with my union dues. They either stay at the PD or go to an LDF.

Keep painted with a broad brush and way to back away after stepping on your Johnson.
__________________
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 16:36   #37
fortyofforty
Capt. Hindsight
 
fortyofforty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve4102 View Post
Needed to Vote.

1) a Job, or Retired from a real job.

2) No Government employee or politician, you will vote yourself a raise.

3) Must pass an IQ test.

4) Must have a Valid photo ID

The Presidential election ballet should look like this.
Pick one for President and one for Vice President.

President. Vice President.
Obama ( ) Palin ( )

McCain ( ) Biden ( )

No (D) no (R), they voter must match the team correctly, example: If the voter selects McCain/Biden then the entire ballet is tossed in the trash.\

Governor and LT Governor ballets should be the same.
Look at the endless fights over something as seemingly innocuous as requiring voters to show a photo ID (which they need currently to enter a federal building, for example). The Natsos don't want any of their voters, legal and otherwise, disenfranchised.

If you're old enough to remember the Florida recount of 2000, we had the Natsos arguing that they could discern what voters intended to do, based on how many corners of a chad were punched out. Voters were not even expected to be physically or intellectually able to punch a tiny chad all the way out of a machine ballot. The Natsos wanted the right to decide how a voter intended to vote, and count the ballot based on that decision.

Political Issues

This really happened. In America. Seriously. This is what we're up against.
__________________
Odumbo: Unpatriotic, Narcissistic Man-Child. Democrat is the Party of Rape, Special Interests, Greed, Slavery, Sloth, Ignorance, Bigotry and Segregation. Click here to save animals! Gun Rights are Civil Rights.
fortyofforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 16:38   #38
steve4102
Senior Member
 
steve4102's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAcop View Post
I don't pay money to OC with my union dues. They either stay at the PD or go to an LDF.

Keep painted with a broad brush and way to back away after stepping on your Johnson.
Sure ya DUE.
__________________
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
steve4102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 17:22   #39
Guss
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tampa
Posts: 2,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by aircarver View Post
Seems we fought a war about slavery, too ....

.
No, that was just a propaganda tool in the War of Yankee Aggression.
Guss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 18:00   #40
Kablam
Senior Member
 
Kablam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanVic View Post
A system under which the federal government can't abuse its powers by suppressing the vote. How horrible.

If you want to grant the Feds such an overwhelming power over the people, don't walk around calling yourself a small government conservative.
I don't walk around calling myself anything. Originally the federal government couldn't abuse it's power by suppressing the vote. The states ran voter eligibility, you know, "power" granted to the states rather than the federal. Then "we" gave the federal government the power to force the states to allow practically universal suffrage, along with popularly elected senators and individual federal income taxes. How'd that prohibition thing work out? Now the Feds are pushing to force the states to allow felons to vote. If my objection to that kind of federal power abuse to interfere with federalism makes me sound like a small government conservative, it may just be coincidence.
Kablam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 18:32   #41
Laslo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guss View Post
Rule by a rich aristocracy??? Seems like my ancestors fought a revolution about that.

Well said.
__________________
The CEO of IBM offered the Obama administration a free software program that would have cut Medicare and Medicaid fraud by almost a trillion dollars, but he was turned down – twice.
Laslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 19:03   #42
GLK8876919
Lifetime Membership
Confused...
 
GLK8876919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NRA LIFE MEMBER
Posts: 950
anyone read the article besides the headline? the generalized basis behind the headline is "skin in the game." interpolate however you wish...
GLK8876919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 22:20   #43
G33
CLM Number 296
Re-Assigned
 
G33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: With G29
Posts: 57,036


If you make under $1 million and are male--no federal voting rights.
__________________


"I'd wager G would waterboard a salmon."--tous

"...those without swords can still die upon them." --Eowyn
G33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 22:40   #44
Jack Ryan
Get off my lawn
 
Jack Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Meeville Indiana
Posts: 964
I agree 100% with the concept of votes based on the amount of taxes paid but I think it should be based on your total compensation to or from all forms of government. Local, state, and federal taxes all together added up should determine your votes, MINUS of course ALL OF THE INCOME YOU DERIVED FROM ALL GOVERNMENT SOURCES.

If you are a NET supporter of the government then you get that number of votes. If you are a NET beneficiary from government then you get NO vote on any thing and also are NOT eligible to hold any elected position. Welfare, WIC, farm subsidies, government employees, contractors, bail outs... yer out. If you gain more financially from government than you pay then you don't get to vote your self jobs, raises, or benefits to the people who pay or hire you.

Last edited by Jack Ryan; 02-16-2014 at 22:47..
Jack Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 23:31   #45
CAcop
Senior Member
 
CAcop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: California
Posts: 21,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve4102 View Post
Sure ya DUE.
So do you enjoy ignorance?
__________________
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 23:40   #46
Alizard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Novel idea...
Reminds me of the ABC special where they interviewed some billionaire who explained why rich people should pay NO TAXES. They do "smarter" things with money so they should be able to keep all of it.

It goes without saying they are smarter than everybody else so they should get more votes.

In fact, the vote counter machines should have sensors to let them ignore votes cast by the inferior people. We have to let them keep the illusion of voting so they won't rise up in revolt, but the votes shouldn't actually count.

Last edited by Alizard; 02-16-2014 at 23:41..
Alizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 23:51   #47
akroguy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 627
Now that the whole voting process is electronically counted, it is easily corrupted/hacked/manipulated so really, all this is rather moot...more an exercise in semantics.

The winners and losers of the big elections are bought and paid for long before any of us go to the polls.
__________________
G19, G17, G36, G21SF, M4, Mosins, M1, 1903A3's.

The Second Amendment: giving teeth to the remaining 26.
Cogito, ergo armatus sum.
akroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 23:55   #48
Alizard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by akroguy View Post
Now that the whole voting process is electronically counted, it is easily corrupted/hacked/manipulated so really, all this is rather moot...more an exercise in semantics.

The winners and losers of the big elections are bought and paid for long before any of us go to the polls.
Then why did Karl Rove and the gang get that horrible shock at the last election?
Alizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 00:18   #49
akroguy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 627
He's not "in the loop".

The decisions are made outside DC.
__________________
G19, G17, G36, G21SF, M4, Mosins, M1, 1903A3's.

The Second Amendment: giving teeth to the remaining 26.
Cogito, ergo armatus sum.
akroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:06   #50
IvanVic
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kablam View Post
I don't walk around calling myself anything. Originally the federal government couldn't abuse it's power by suppressing the vote. The states ran voter eligibility, you know, "power" granted to the states rather than the federal. Then "we" gave the federal government the power to force the states to allow practically universal suffrage, along with popularly elected senators and individual federal income taxes. How'd that prohibition thing work out? Now the Feds are pushing to force the states to allow felons to vote. If my objection to that kind of federal power abuse to interfere with federalism makes me sound like a small government conservative, it may just be coincidence.
So you disagree with a system that allows all non-felon citizens of voting age to vote? You think allowing the government to start choosing who can vote on a whim is going to turn out great? Believing that Kablam could pick his magic set of parameters and they'd stay in place forever without being changed and manipulated is incredibly myopic.


Quote:
Originally Posted by akroguy View Post
Now that the whole voting process is electronically counted, it is easily corrupted/hacked/manipulated so really, all this is rather moot...more an exercise in semantics.

The winners and losers of the big elections are bought and paid for long before any of us go to the polls.
You've seen too many movies.
IvanVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:47.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 609
165 Members
444 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42