Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-12-2014, 14:42   #1
KSUGLocker

New Shield .40

Bought a S&W Shield .40 from PSA. Picked it up yesterday and took it to the range today. I put about 50 rounds (reloads) down the pipe. Gun functioned fine and the felt recoil didn't seem any more pronounced than with my G27. Trigger was smooth but I need to practice more with it as I was pushing some rounds to the left.
Then I decided to give my other often carried gun some practice. Keltec .380. Felt recoil with it was more in line with my S&W 640 in .357 magnum.

First impression of the Shield is I am very pleased. Not bad at all for $390 all in. I might retire the Keltec. I REALLY don't like shooting that gun.
Old 02-12-2014, 14:46   #2
itstime

I have a KT from years ago. Let my wife shoot it. She put 3 rounds down range and put it down.

Got her a shield in 9. She loves it.
itstime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 15:24   #3
hawgrider

Yep love a Shield in 40. Have put about 300 rounds through one without any issues. Various ammo and I felt like the recoil was fine.
hawgrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 14:41   #4
red2rider

S&W Shields. The single stack gun Glock should have made but didn't. The exact reason I bought a Shield 9mm.

Carry on. lol
red2rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 14:45   #5
formernuke

I'm starting to like the M&P line. I got the shield first then the full sized 40 and I have a 15-22 on hold.

I've the recoil for the shield in 40 isn't bad and easy to control. Great little pistol.
formernuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:35   #6
Southswede

Quote:
Originally Posted by red2rider View Post
S&W Shields. The single stack gun Glock should have made but didn't. The exact reason I bought a Shield 9mm.

Carry on. lol
You, me and a million others!!
Southswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:15   #7
fivestar

I also have a .40cal Shield and its my primary off duty carry weapon. So far no issues, ammo is easy to get, and its accurate enough for my abilities and it's intended role.

If Glock were to ever put out a single stack, Id buy one in a heartbeat, and this is coming from an avid "Glock hater."
fivestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:47   #8
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivestar View Post
...If Glock were to ever put out a single stack, Id buy one in a heartbeat, and this is coming from an avid "Glock hater."

Why would a Glock "hater" even look at Glock Talk let alone post here?

I hate M&P's, but I never even visit their website let alone post there as I could not care less. I don't understand your logic.
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 07:17   #9
fivestar

Im forced to carry a Glock at work. As such, its nice to stay up to date on current Glock things. Last time I checked, Glock Talk offers many subforums on things other than Glocks. In fact, this thread isnt even about Glocks...it's dealing specifically which S&W Shield's in .40cal, which I happen to use myself.

If you noticed, I used quotation marks around the word hater in my original post. I am implying that while I may dislike Glocks in general, im not outwardly bashing them by saying they suck, they're horrible, etc...

In my own personal experience, I've had 2 separate Glocks break rendering them unfit for duty use. Luckily, both times were at range sessions. Despite that, the fact remains that for some odd reason I shoot them quite well. So much so that, given a choice, I might even continue to carry a Glock even if I didnt have to. These are my reasons for being a "hater'; not that you asked however.

On a side note, I didnt ask for anyone to understand my logic. I could care less what anyone thinks of my reasoning or logic behind any of my decisions. I simply replied to a thread involving something that I have personal experience with. The last time I checked, I had that privilege to do so, and I certainly didnt need your permission, blessing, or understanding to do so.

Last edited by fivestar; 02-17-2014 at 07:23..
fivestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:00   #10
plumbum2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUGLocker View Post
Bought a S&W Shield .40 from PSA. Picked it up yesterday and took it to the range today. I put about 50 rounds (reloads) down the pipe. Gun functioned fine and the felt recoil didn't seem any more pronounced than with my G27. Trigger was smooth but I need to practice more with it as I was pushing some rounds to the left.
Then I decided to give my other often carried gun some practice. Keltec .380. Felt recoil with it was more in line with my S&W 640 in .357 magnum.

First impression of the Shield is I am very pleased. Not bad at all for $390 all in. I might retire the Keltec. I REALLY don't like shooting that gun.
Awesome gun I plan on getting a 9mm.

It's not usually like me to want to do this to a carry gun. BUT I am going to and highly recommend the apex tac trigger kit( the one that replaces the sear). I shot a lot of rounds through one with the kit and IMO it was that good.
plumbum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 22:23   #11
KSUGLocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumbum2 View Post
Awesome gun I plan on getting a 9mm.

It's not usually like me to want to do this to a carry gun. BUT I am going to and highly recommend the apex tac trigger kit( the one that replaces the sear). I shot a lot of rounds through one with the kit and IMO it was that good.
I ordered the SCK Apex kit. It'll be here Thursday.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:05   #12
ca survivor

I'm liking the M&P line of pistols, got the shield first then the full sized .45
Old 02-18-2014, 12:48   #13
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

I like my Shield .40 but I wouldn't enjoy a 600 round range session with it. I think it would get unpleasant after 200 or so.

Regards,
Happyguy
Proverbs 21:31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but victory is of the LORD.

"I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive at death safely."
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 19:53   #14
cbird77

I like mine as well, always wear it with the extended mag, no problems so far...
cbird77 is offline   Reply With Quote