Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-10-2014, 21:32   #1
crni4

Any other companies as good as Zev?

Seriously considering sending a 17 frame for Zev's race gun treatment. This will be competition gun only. I have their ultimate trigger kit and love it. Currently have the talon sand paper grips and it works good, but i am intrigued by some of the possibilities to move the hand up on the gun. Removing the grooves and hump, rounding off grip, double guard undercut, etc. But Zev has a multi-month wait....price is always an issue so nothing too crazy.

So, any other reputable companies to consider for a lot of frame modifications? Pictures of your guns would be nice. Thanks
crni4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 14:27   #2
rjstubbl

Instead of sinking a bunch of money into a glock, just buy a STI 2011. You would probably have close to 2K (or more) in a race glock. You could get a nice 2011 for the same money and have a better gun. Check out the brian enos forums for more information on competition guns including glocks and 2011's.

Edit: Enos will probably have some searchable do it yourself threads in the glock section. Most of the frame work on a glock would be pretty easy with some sandpaper and a soldering iron. I stippled the grip on one of my competition guns and it was very easy. I practiced on a piece of Tupperware first though

Sanding off the finger groves and undercutting would be pretty easy. You could always get an extra lower to modify so you would still have a stock gun too.

Last edited by rjstubbl; 06-13-2014 at 15:05..
rjstubbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 20:47   #3
crni4

I have lusted over an Apeirio, but this is a free 17(gssf random prize) and i have everything else. To get a 2011 its expensive, plus the mags are super expensive and ghen the holster, pouch... Hundred here, hundred there and pretty soon we are talking real money.

I am not a serious competitior, and at local matches i do shoot there is no advantage to a tumed 2011 over a glock. I know cause i tend to beat guys with 2011

But i hear you. I have shot two different Infinities (40 and 9) and sti edge and by far those were the best guns ever. Period.

And i just got into carbine matches so my hobby fund is depleted!

At the end od the day, not rich enough for full on race gun. Maybe in few years. For now, i am going to perfect the "perfection"
crni4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:46   #4
Hoser
Mall Ninja

I shot a match in New Mexico with a couple of the Zev guys a couple weekends ago.

Great bunch of guys. And their guns are pretty damn solid as well.
Hoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:47   #5
ede
Bama's Friend

Carver Custom builds nice Glocks.
PM Black Diamond 538 F&AM
Bamatrooper taught Chuck Norris how to shoot.
ede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:47   #6
mpolans

S&J Customs builds some of the nicest Glocks around and lots of folks (including Carver) use their parts. They were one of the first folks customizing Glocks. As far as reshaping and stippling, they did great work on my open gun, but I'd probably tend to want to do it myself in the future because I'm cheap. As far triggers, the best one around I've tried so far is DK Custom; they're one of the only ones that actually reshapes the part of the trigger bar that activates the firing pin safety so you can decrease take up safely. Best of all, despite being better, their triggers are about half the price of some of the other big names out there.
mpolans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 21:29   #7
waktasz
Gamer Scumbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ede View Post
Carver Custom builds nice Glocks.
They seem to only sponsor guys that are completely clueless, and that's enough for me to stay away.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
waktasz is offline   Reply With Quote